The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Well today was moving day. Had to remove all my stuff from my previous house. Rented a 20 foot moving truck, driveway is small and tight. Moving place calls me and says hey good news, we upgraded you to a 26 ft truck. Had to back it uphill to the house. Dad and DW helped load up the truck. DW and I have to unload it tomorrow as I am wiped out today. Saw some things today on the road, OMG. Guy using an Isuzu box truck to haul a car, wish I could have gotten a pic.
And snowbird season is over, we must have either passed or been passed by half of Quebec.

And snowbird season is over, we must have either passed or been passed by half of Quebec.

Ah, the return trip home...

giphy.gif

So today was the last day of my first week in the new job. My day started off ruff, got a text upon getting to work from DW urgent call me. So I call, our dog was hit by a car. She broke loose chasing a cat and they headed to the roadway. Luckily the driver got slowed almost to a stop before contacting the dog. She may have a bruise or two, but not showing any signs, she did bite her tongue, should heal up in a few days. She is acting normal.
From there I got to go our and go 4 wheeling and muddin, all in the name of work. Got the disc thingy out of the barn, got it greased and ready to go when we get our seeds.
Have to get out and get the camper ready for the season. Only a couple weeks until our first trip out.

Thank goodness for alert drivers. Hope your dog will be fine.

And nice job on the new gig. Anytime you can get outside a go 'muddin...

j

Chris happy to hear your girl is okay. So happy we have a fenced in back yard for the Savages and after how mad I got a few years ago when Katie took off thru the door to the garage leaving me to spend 2 hours out searching for her they now wont go near it without leashes on

Last edited:
Glad to hear that doggie is OK. Paid to go 4 wheelin, I'm OK with that. Hope new job is going well

Glad to hear dog is doing good. You can't trust cats, I bet it was a planned thing.

Getting paid to be outdoors and play in mud, I haven't had a job like that since highschool.

20190411_085246_resized.jpg

This was the view of my office Thursday morning. We were checking the perimeter of a prescribed burn. New job going well, of course when it is 95 degrees out we will take it easy and get the job done. But looks like I have finally found home.

Update on Reba: She is getting around with no sign of pain or discomfort. We are trotting around the house, chasing the squirrel from window to window. We are also barking at him, full force, with no loss on the tone or strength of her bark. She has a small laceration on her tongue, but that should heal up on it's own in time. I know when I suffered a dog bite thru my cheek the ER said it would heal up and not require stitches.
So overall looks like she is doing well, and we will limit her activities for a few weeks to help her recover. She is looking forward to the trip to visit everyone at GSP.

@PaHunter glad to hear Reba is doing ok. Keep watching her.

Mallory's pressure sore is infected. We had it swabbed last week and got results. She was on Amoxicillin but of course the infection is Amoxicillin resistant. She is now on Zeniquil. I am hoping that helps. Her wound is not healing. She is constantly getting eschars. We are going to the vet every week right now for removal of the eschar. Hoping with the Zeniquil we might get some better healing. While it looked awful, we did have some good bleeding today (the vet was removing the eschar), more blood than in a long time so hoping that means it will start to heal.

Looking for a little pixie dust. I am going on a mini vacation without Bert (i know i am terrible), my BFF from childhood and I are taking a 3 night cruise. I am actually being nice to Bert, he does not have to deal with us, only Mallory. It should be ok, I hope he can handle it. I hope i can handle it.

View attachment 394069

This was the view of my office Thursday morning. We were checking the perimeter of a prescribed burn. New job going well, of course when it is 95 degrees out we will take it easy and get the job done. But looks like I have finally found home.

Update on Reba: She is getting around with no sign of pain or discomfort. We are trotting around the house, chasing the squirrel from window to window. We are also barking at him, full force, with no loss on the tone or strength of her bark. She has a small laceration on her tongue, but that should heal up on it's own in time. I know when I suffered a dog bite thru my cheek the ER said it would heal up and not require stitches.
So overall looks like she is doing well, and we will limit her activities for a few weeks to help her recover. She is looking forward to the trip to visit everyone at GSP.

Great news all around!!

@PaHunter glad to hear Reba is doing ok. Keep watching her.

Mallory's pressure sore is infected. We had it swabbed last week and got results. She was on Amoxicillin but of course the infection is Amoxicillin resistant. She is now on Zeniquil. I am hoping that helps. Her wound is not healing. She is constantly getting eschars. We are going to the vet every week right now for removal of the eschar. Hoping with the Zeniquil we might get some better healing. While it looked awful, we did have some good bleeding today (the vet was removing the eschar), more blood than in a long time so hoping that means it will start to heal.

Looking for a little pixie dust. I am going on a mini vacation without Bert (i know i am terrible), my BFF from childhood and I are taking a 3 night cruise. I am actually being nice to Bert, he does not have to deal with us, only Mallory. It should be ok, I hope he can handle it. I hope i can handle it.

Hoping and praying for improvement all around!

What are you pouring? I don't see any forms. And enjoy the weather. It is cool here. It should be to you by Sunday.

j

Beautiful day in northwest Vermont to pour concrete, 2 pumps set up ready to go.

View attachment 395367

I need one of those. I need to pour some concrete in my back yard but can't get a cement truck back there. We did use a pump truck when we poured the foundation on our house. Pretty neat to watch it work.

I'll probably have to use pacers in the backyard.

I made it to Miami. My BFF has not yet but I hope is here by 12:30. Should be plenty of time to make the ship.
All that time and effort worrying about something that didn't happen. Go forth have a good time I've reached out to Dear Mrs. Bert's Mom regarding the Go Fund Me Page for bail if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!