The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

I need one of those. I need to pour some concrete in my back yard but can't get a cement truck back there. We did use a pump truck when we poured the foundation on our house. Pretty neat to watch it work.

I'll probably have to use pacers in the backyard.

They are nice to use, the company I work for has 3 with a 108 ft. reach. We use them as much as we can,but sometimes we have to pour out of the truck. :crazy2: Sometimes we need to reach further than that so we just hookup more line and leave it on the ground and break them off as we use them. The most I have had on is 300 feet including the pump.

Good looking basement.

I can't imagine the pump that can push 300ft of concrete, especially if you are having to push it up.

I can relate on the winter thaw. We are next on the list to get our pool started. The contractor has 2 builds going now and with the weather, he said they are both big mud holes right now. Not sure when it will get started. He originally said end of May/early June. That should be better. The concrete trucks are going to have to come in through the side yard. My neighbor has a concrete/gravel driveway we could use, but I don't want to risk the trucks breaking up his concrete tracks.

Ian has been busy taking out the old pool and deck. I'll post some before/after pics tomorrow.

j

Well last night more storms rolled thru. For the first time since we lived here our basement flooded. Looks like I have some digging out around the foundation to do and put in some drainage to try and redirect the water. Ugh, ain't home ownership grand.

Well last night more storms rolled thru. For the first time since we lived here our basement flooded.
I thought you posted that you just moved. Either way, wet basements are a pain. Replacing the leaky gutters cured most of my wet basement problems, but I still keep boxes on pallets, just in case.

We have some sun and nice weather here. Ian has been working hard to get the old pool and deck out. Still a bit more to do, but we probably have a month before the new pool gets started. Here are some before and afters.

This was last Summer. 24ft round above ground with a 7ft deep end. The deck is the composite decking that we are keeping to put around the new in-ground pool. The new pool will be 14X28 and will go to the left in this pic, right where the fire pit is now.

20170623_204942-1548x796.jpg

Same angle as the above pic.

20190420_125326-1008x756.jpg

20190420_125307-1008x756.jpg

j

That looks like a good start, Jim. Hope things go smoothly for you.

Bama Ed

PS - our town doesn't allow fire pits on the ground or else I would have one. I would like to have one and the portable fire bowl with the mesh top is the alternative.

Wow, BIG difference. Am I seeing new french doors on back of house as well?

I thought you posted that you just moved. Either way, wet basements are a pain. Replacing the leaky gutters cured most of my wet basement problems, but I still keep boxes on pallets, just in case.
j

Jim,
We moved stuff out of a house I still owned with my dad, since we sold the house. I have not lived in the house for nearly 8 years now. The rain was so bad last night, we had water coming in places we have never seen. Today has been sunny and windy, dehumidifier going in basement. I have spent the day getting the truck and trailer ready for the first camping trip.

Chris,

We are going to have great weather here the next few days. Hopefully that heads your way.

We are going out this next weekend too. Eldon Hazlet SP on Carlyle Lake in S. Central IL. It's a little over an hour from here. Nice lake, nice little town.

j

Wow, BIG difference. Am I seeing new french doors on back of house as well?
Joe,

You're seeing a whole new porch. This was last Fall's project. I thought I posted something here about it. The 116 year old brick pier that holds up the entire corner of the house had finally seen enough. I noticed this last Spring but it was fairly stable. There was a closed in porch, but it only had storm windows and a storm door. I decided to close it in a little more solid. I ran out of warm enough weather to get the siding on, but it is otherwise complete now. That's snow on the ground in the last pic.

There was an original 4X4 where the 6X6 is now. Good ole old growth pine vs today's weak stuff.

20180605_163600-567x1008.jpg

Paid a guy to dig out the brick pier and pour a concrete tube one that I could anchor the 6X6 into. Then started the reframe.

20180930_160832-1008x567.jpg

20181028_181350-1008x567.jpg

And done.

20181117_141114-1008x567.jpg

j

Last edited:
I see, that view gives a totally different perspective. Unfortunately wood don't last forever. I afraid that was the easier part and that matching the siding will be the tough part.

I am back from my trip. Thankfully getting home was not as difficult as getting to the ship. However we made to the ship terminal by 1:15 so it was all good. I had a great trip with my friend, it was nice being on a cruise and honestly i am sure Bert was perfectly happy that i was gone and he was not with us. I got home and played with Mallory as Bert is in the office today. She seems ok :). i did have to clean her up a little but she is good. Hopefully her wound is a little better. She did go to the vet on Saturday and Bert said the vet thought it was looking better. I have started my favorite thing, LAUNDRY. I will need to do some Mallory laundry as well.

The exciting this is this kicked off my vacation trips. This was first, next month is GSP and then in June is the big in laws 50th anniversary cruise.

I am back from my trip. Thankfully getting home was not as difficult as getting to the ship. However we made to the ship terminal by 1:15 so it was all good. I had a great trip with my friend, it was nice being on a cruise and honestly i am sure Bert was perfectly happy that i was gone and he was not with us. I got home and played with Mallory as Bert is in the office today. She seems ok :). i did have to clean her up a little but she is good. Hopefully her wound is a little better. She did go to the vet on Saturday and Bert said the vet thought it was looking better. I have started my favorite thing, LAUNDRY. I will need to do some Mallory laundry as well.

The exciting this is this kicked off my vacation trips. This was first, next month is GSP and then in June is the big in laws 50th anniversary cruise.
Glad you had a good time! Everyday I get more excited about our anniversary cruise!

We'll have to catch up on the cruise at GSP. We have never been on a cruise. I think we'd fall into the Bert camp, although I'm always interested in trying something new and fun.

j

@Teamubr bert loves cruising, he just did not want to hang with me and my childhood BFF. Can’t blame him. We had a much better time out. He got to hang with Mallory, who apparently went into food refusal this morning. She was not happy last night and barely ate and had nothing to do with breakfast this morning. I will say she did eat her dinner for me and gladly took her pills. Hopefully tomorrow morning is normal again.

@Teamubr bert loves cruising, he just did not want to hang with me and my childhood BFF. Can’t blame him. We had a much better time out. He got to hang with Mallory, who apparently went into food refusal this morning. She was not happy last night and barely ate and had nothing to do with breakfast this morning. I will say she did eat her dinner for me and gladly took her pills. Hopefully tomorrow morning is normal again.
Mal is such a mommy's girl!

Sounds like once the initial Joy of you coming home she remembered you were on her POOP list. You left her home all alone with Daddy and she didn't know where you where , what you were doing , or when you were coming back. All she knew was she wanted to come and she could have helped. Hope she doesn't hold this grudge too long

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!