The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Congrats Jim, this has been long in coming and what a long way from the bottom to the top. :thumbsup2

Well I guess it is time to head out to the camper and take my ladder along. We ordered replacement lights before heading to GSP and they came while we were gone. So time to change out the flickering disco ones for some new ones. Let's see how this goes. I have enough to change all the lights in the trailer, but am only doing the ones that are failing currently. Then it will be time to cut the grass before monsoon season returns, again.

Arnold grumpy Aggie had his broncoscoup this morn. @ 7:00 am. Doctor said he could not see any cancer in his lung, but not out of the woods yet until the pathology report comes back in 1 to 2 weeks. Prayers are answered!

I'm sorry, I've been away it's been so busy after the vacation only now getting to catch up. This is great news so far. let us know when you hear further.

So I was at the local big box store and purchased a Vertical Pellet Smoker. Once DW gets home we will get it assembled, seasoned and maybe tomorrow cook something good on it.
My goal is to become proficient with it and figure out how to secure it to the truck for transport to the 2020 Dismeet.

So last evening got the smoker assembled and did the burn off, so now we are ready to cook. This afternoon we will smoke some ribs for our first cook. Then we will keep on learning from there. One thing I really want to do is make my own bacon in it, seems like it would be awesome.

Gloria that is fantastic news just ahead of Ed showing his movies of the sweet moves from his disco days

Gloria that is fantastic news just ahead of Ed showing his movies of the sweet moves from his disco days

I was skinny then, Mike.

And as a Bama Fan I can reach out to my Texas A&M Aggies brother and sister along with all of us to share their relief and good news.

ED

PS - plus I want to hear Arnold's take at Gulf next spring after we beat them again this fall.... :banana:

Well today was it, the inaugural cook on the new smoker. Ribs and Baked Potatoes. So DW and Nephew got to partake, and all agree that it was a success. Ribs were moist, and tasted great, potatoes, had that campfire smoke flavor to it. A very good first attempt. See what we can cook up next week.

20190622_175013_resized.jpg

So today was run the nephew back home from his weekend visit, but first a grocery store trip. So we went and purchased some ribs.....some beef to make beef jerky out of, and 6 lbs of strawberries, 4 lbs of which are already in the dehydrator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!