The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Wanted to send out prayers & safety for all in the path of Tropical Storm Barry. Let us know when you can that y’all are OK. Not sure where Bama Ed & Tigger Dad live Mississippi/Alabama?

Ed and I are about 100 miles apart so relatively similar in weather expected. I was supposed to be in Demopolis, AL camping and touring some pre civil war mansions but I cancelled. Doing some work on a lake behind my house and trying to get as much dirt moved as I could before rain.

Folks along the MS river are already having issues this is only gonna make it worse.

Ed, I DO NOT have anything to do with Stark ville. DW is avid Ole Miss fan and thus I have orders to stay away from there. Although I do hear one of the largest marijuana fields in the south is located there...:rolleyes1. University research I hear.

Speaking of Vicksburg, MS your conversation with us when last we met has helped me convince kids we need to camp there and tour the Civil War park.

If y’all are talking about Grand Gulf State Park, we stayed a few years ago and it’s got some pretty cool old stuff. Kids were very young (I think it was before the younger one, so the one would have been under 2) and it was effectively my first trip with a camper ever, so I didn’t check out as much of the museum type stuff as I’d have liked.

and if you’re there, definitely make the drive to the Old Country Store for fried chicken.

PS: the ranger there was awesome and put up with a bunch of questions from someone who clearly had no clue what they were doing.

Last edited:
Michael, We are praying that Barry will dissolve & go away. Watching weather channel & seeing the flooding from MS. I hope the flood waters & tornadoes stay away from all. When can, please let us know how y’all are doing & Ed also.

Michael, We are praying that Barry will dissolve & go away. Watching weather channel & seeing the flooding from MS. I hope the flood waters & tornadoes stay away from all. When can, please let us know how y’all are doing & Ed also.

Checking in, Gloria.

Barry has left me high and dry so far. Here is the recent radar for today (Sunday 7/14).

Hurricane Barry.PNG

I put in two purple dots. The Mississippi purple dot is about where tiggerdad is. The Alabama purple dot is where I am. Big difference between the two...

ED

Keeping all Louisiana and Mississippi camping board in our thoughts and prayers.

Just steady rain here, we seem to be right on edge of this constant northerly flow of rain, but not too significant for us. We actually needed the rain on this side of the state. The west side of state however has been getting too much already. I've taken the opportunity to work on a few projects out in the shed. I'm still working on a 1943 German lantern that I found in a barn. It was badly rusted when I located it and I've been trying to get it cleaned up and painted. Currently I'm sealing the tank which had a few pin holes in it from rust. When I'm done I'll post pics of it on my camping thread.

Also, @SouthAlabama5er father had made me a Musket Mickey sign and I'm sealing it so it won't get damaged if it gets wet. He also made us a Minnie "G" that I'm getting sealed as well.

I think yesterday was national snake day...

I'll take the hot dogs personally.

please excuse the bad typing. I had surgery Monday. I tore the top tendon completely off my right rotator cuff. A wm is checking in on things here. so please use the report button for any posts that need attention. hopefully, I will soon be able to be on here a bunch, for 3 months of healing.

please excuse the bad typing. I had surgery Monday. I tore the top tendon completely off my right rotator cuff. A wm is checking in on things here. so please use the report button for any posts that need attention. hopefully, I will soon be able to be on here a bunch, for 3 months of healing.

I hope you heal quickly and feel better soon.

Well this weekend we are looking to hit 100 degrees, the last time that happened was 2012. Heat index yesterday, today and Sat, Sun near 110, real feel.
It is too hot to do anything. Hope everyone else stays dry and cool.

@2goofycampers hope you heal quick and get some good disboards time in.

@PaHunter wow that i hot for you guys up there. Am sure you don't know what to do with it. Right now i am like yeah whatever. I am even getting used to it for the morning run. I don't like it but i am getting used to the heat and humidity. Today i swam instead. It felt awesome.

I had surgery Monday. I tore the top tendon completely off my right rotator cuff.
Ouch! Not saying anything you don't know, but that recovery is pretty miserable. Especially the first few days. Take the pain meds and follow the Dr's instructions very literally. Get well soon.

j

Hate to hear that Denise. The recovery is pretty bad on that one.

Hey, why don't you let Frank take over while you are laid up?
Wile E.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!