The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

mine is a muddy mess, it has rained and rained here, slooooow progress
I have been pretty lucky. It rained last Sunday when I was at Disney, but has been dry since. Hot and humid, 90s, but dry. Today is great. Mid 80s and the humidity is down. Good thing. I spent the morning drilling 25 post holes for the fence.

j

Vince and Michael (or anyone else that is curious),

I have my GoPro setup in my bathroom window taking a pic every 20 seconds. I stitch them together into daily videos to see how it goes. I pulled out the pics with the concrete conveyor. It is too big to post here, but the link below is the video on Vimeo. It looks like it would nearly reach all the way around, but they used wheelbarrows on the far side.

Concrete Conveyor Video

j

The pools are looking good! We use to have one, dumb us sold our wonderful home on 4 beautiful acres to get rid of the pool. If we had brains, should of made it a pond with fish or filled it with dirt after punching holes in it. Oh well

I have been pretty lucky. It rained last Sunday when I was at Disney, but has been dry since. Hot and humid, 90s, but dry. Today is great. Mid 80s and the humidity is down. Good thing. I spent the morning drilling 25 post holes for the fence.

j

I hired a company, I was surprised they could do 410 feet of fencing, 3 gates and they hand dug post holes too!!! 3 man crew and they were awesome.

I hired a company, I was surprised they could do 410 feet of fencing, 3 gates and they hand dug post holes too!!! 3 man crew and they were awesome.
After busting my butt all weekend in the heat, I have a lot of respect for 410 feet of fence. I'm only putting in about 120. I have all the posts in and some of the panels. I left out many of them so the crew had room to work.

Lots more pool progress. I have a liner, plumbing, pump, filter and heater. They they the hose in and there is about 6 inches on the shallow end. Still need wiring and a gas line run. Looks like things will be wrapped up Wednesday.

Resized_20190916_101134001-1280x606.jpeg

590340928.jpg

Resized_20190916_140631.jpeg

j

Last edited:

I had the annual sadness, yesterday, of pouring the dreaded pink liquid into the rig. We squeezed in a quick local trip over the weekend, but the kid's schedules are such that we are now done until Memorial Day weekend. Yes, for those counting, that's 248 days until we camp again!

We do have a non-camping trip to CA over New Years but, for now, I will be camping vicariously through all of you who get the blessing of a much longer season!

I had the annual sadness, yesterday, of pouring the dreaded pink liquid into the rig.
Ouch,

Thankfully we still have another month or so here. I am camping at the Coachmen factory next weekend and have reservations for the weekend before Halloween. That will probably be it. Freezing temps arrive here the end of October/early November (no comments from the likes of Bama Ed, Tiggerdad and the other "Southern" folks).

j

Just a thought, is there any campgrounds within a short ish driving distance for you. Maybe a mini Midwest Dismeet up near you next spring/summer?

I'm always open to the conversation - as I'd love to sit and visit with some of the folks on here. The challenge is the calendar. With active 3 kids (10, 13, 14) finding time is a bit difficult. Our weekend trips keep us within about 60-90 minutes of home so that I can commute into church on Sunday morning (I'm a Minister). If something is happening within the Madison/Kettle Moraine area, I'd absolutely jump in if I can. To schedule around me, however, is very risky, as I never know when changes kids schedules, funerals, etc... will emerge without notice.

I'm always open to the conversation - as I'd love to sit and visit with some of the folks on here. The challenge is the calendar. With active 3 kids (10, 13, 14) finding time is a bit difficult. Our weekend trips keep us within about 60-90 minutes of home so that I can commute into church on Sunday morning (I'm a Minister). If something is happening within the Madison/Kettle Moraine area, I'd absolutely jump in if I can. To schedule around me, however, is very risky, as I never know when changes kids schedules, funerals, etc... will emerge without notice.

Although this is an easy commute for us, Blue Mounds State Park in Blue Mounds, Smokey Hollow in Lodi, Yellowstone State Park Blanchardville, and a couple newer ones closer to Deerfield/Marshall. Also nice campgrounds over by Milwaukee, High Cliff. Easy interstate in off for our far away travelers. We would love to meet up with you. Barb & Bill

Although this is an easy commute for us, Blue Mounds State Park in Blue Mounds, Smokey Hollow in Lodi, Yellowstone State Park Blanchardville, and a couple newer ones closer to Deerfield/Marshall. Also nice campgrounds over by Milwaukee, High Cliff. Easy interstate in off for our far away travelers. We would love to meet up with you. Barb & Bill

Governor Dodge is pretty good also

I had the annual sadness, yesterday, of pouring the dreaded pink liquid into the rig. We squeezed in a quick local trip over the weekend, but the kid's schedules are such that we are now done until Memorial Day weekend. Yes, for those counting, that's 248 days until we camp again!

We do have a non-camping trip to CA over New Years but, for now, I will be camping vicariously through all of you who get the blessing of a much longer season!

Oh my, Marty, winterizing already? Might as well if you are certain of your schedule (we have temps near 100 this week). However, temps will break and we'll get low 90s/60s by Friday so the 11am football game on Saturday may be tolerable (at mid-day nearly every seat is in the sun).

I have a non-trailer camping trip scheduled for my local COE campground on Halloween weekend. In the past I have camped out there on Labor Day weekend (well last two years) and it was still blazing hot. I originally had scheduled it again for this year but a couple months back pushed it to end of October. It's an off-weekend for Bama so I can get in there for a fall weekend. It'll be just me so I'll take the ol' Boy Scout summer camp canvas wall tent and cot. I have a site on the river near the dam (lights at night) and it's only 15 minutes from Publix and mom/dad's house. 25 minutes home. So I will be taking the satellite dish and tv and watch some football and enjoy the outdoors.

Bama Ed

PS - at some point I will winterize too by blowing out the water from the Aliner lines with pressurized air. But that's no problem when I am taking it back to St. Augustine for an extended couple day stay (leaving before New Years and leaving on the Saturday after). I've been to St.A twice in the last two years (one a day trip and one a quick overnighter) but I like what I've seen and wanted to stay longer. We will be at Anastasia SP again which is along the beach. The camping loops are set in some dense hammocks. Thing is, though, I don't know if I'll be going by myself or me/DW and up to the two youngest kids. Their plans are up in the air still. I hope to still go unless momma says no to a solo trip. She's afraid I'll have too much fun if I am by myself. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts