The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

How much are they predicting? They have us for 6 - 12 in Northern VT.

Stay safe.
3 - 6 here in Northern IL. Stay safe as well, this will be our 1st major ish snow so driving will be the biggest issue

I can save a parking spot for Vince out on my street, tiggerdad. Plenty of room.

You know what I mean .... :rolleyes:
Coach is plugged in, I need about 3 hours and we could be on our way :rolleyes1

3 - 6 here in Northern IL. Stay safe as well, this will be our 1st major ish snow so driving will be the biggest issue

Coach is plugged in, I need about 3 hours and we could be on our way :rolleyes1

Joe, if Vince doesn't show up then it will be first-come-first-served. And we got one Bama home game left in two weeks. :cheer2: Plus I got tix.

I'll leave the light on for somebody.

Bama Ed

Mid 60s here today. Snow tomorrow afternoon with highs in the 20s.

I figured it was time to put the Winter tires on.
20191110_133704-1152x648.jpg

The Summer tires give up any sign of traction below 40 degrees. The winter tires ( Michelin Alpines) are heroes in the snow.

These will be on until April.

j

So the smoker is going, have a 9 pound Pork loin in and smoking. Plan is to have some for dinner tonight, cool, and cut into pork chops. Then freeze so we can Sous Vide them at a later time. Also trying to get some other projects done before the giant freeze gets here this week.

First good snow fall of the season and I’m already sick of it. The way I see it, I either make way to much or not enough to shovel snow for 6 hrs., then come home and and do it again for another hour, and that’s with a snow blower.

How is the weather in Augusta Ga. during the winter months, Dec.-Apr.?
Have the opportunity to go and work down there seasonally. The guy that told me about the job said about 20 for lows with highs around 50. Is that about right. I use to live in SE Ga. many moons ago and remember it being cold a few times.

Just had to vent a little.

@snowmedic i would say Augusta is about right for averages. The cold hit atlanta. Strong wind it is 29 with a real feel of 14. At 6am tomorrow (when I normally run) real feel of 7. I am planning to run after work by then it should be 40.

New Disney trip booked for November 2020.

Hotel stay, you say Chris, in the DISMeet thread?

Be careful. Once DW gets a taste of a WDW hotel stay, she might prefer that over a FW/trailer stay (SHAME). But maybe not.

I did a stay over at Caribbean Beach in 2018 while DD was in the College Program (and got us a great discount) and being in a room like that felt very confining. I had to go looking for a little outdoor courtyard one afternoon to enjoy the outdoor peace and quiet that is so close at the Fort. (It was April 2018 IIRC).

It was nice but I still missed the Fort. Your experience might be a nice change for you, though, like a change of pace.

Ed

Hotel stay, you say Chris, in the DISMeet thread?

Be careful. Once DW gets a taste of a WDW hotel stay, she might prefer that over a FW/trailer stay (SHAME). But maybe not.

I did a stay over at Caribbean Beach in 2018 while DD was in the College Program (and got us a great discount) and being in a room like that felt very confining. I had to go looking for a little outdoor courtyard one afternoon to enjoy the outdoor peace and quiet that is so close at the Fort. (It was April 2018 IIRC).

It was nice but I still missed the Fort. Your experience might be a nice change for you, though, like a change of pace.

Ed

Campsites are getting harder to come by, and at that time of the year the weather is a variable. Would have saved some money maybe if we could store the trailer for the 3 weeks.
But she wanted to do a short trip, ok, it is still a week. So we figured we would try something different. We plan on AP's in Oct, so that will also cover the Nov. trip. Who knows, then maybe a spring trip in 2021 since AP's will be good.
We will always prefer our mobile home on wheels to a hotel room, but that time of year is tough for many reasons.

Be careful. Once DW gets a taste of a WDW hotel stay, she might prefer that over a FW/trailer stay (SHAME).
Don't fear. There is hope.

I never thought DW would prefer camping over a "resort", but we have stayed at several non-Fort places on property and DW still prefers the Fort. She doesn't like the 1000 mile drive each way, but I've told her she can fly down and I will haul the camper. She did that last year when she didn't have enough time off work.

j

I never thought DW would prefer camping over a "resort", but we have stayed at several non-Fort places on property and DW still prefers the Fort. She doesn't like the 1000 mile drive each way, but I've told her she can fly down and I will haul the camper. She did that last year when she didn't have enough time off work.

j

I did the tow-it-down-by-yourself while the rest of the family flew in back for our lone December/Christmas time trip a LONG time ago. It was heaven for me to only stop when I needed to and not trying to get 5 bladders all on the same timetable. :rolleyes: DW and kids flew one way direct on Southwest into MCO. That was back when the rate for your campsite was determined by the day that you checked in. The kids were in school when rates went to Holiday levels so I went down a day or two early and got checked in and set up. So maybe your DW, Teamubr, will take you up on your offer and it will be win-win.

PaHunter, if you can get three visits out of those AP's, then that sounds like a good plan. And plus the benefit of a hotel stay on property is "now you know what it's like" and no more guessing or wondering what it's like.

True, too, what you say about getting harder to get sites.

Ed

...maybe your DW, Teamubr, will take you up on your offer and it will be win-win.
DW is pretty frugal (cheap sounds... well, it sounds a little too cheap :)) Unless there is an absolute need, like last year, she won't spend the $$ for a plane ticket. Last Fall is when Ian and I spend a few days at the Fort before driving over for our week at GSP.

j

I did the tow-it-down-by-yourself while the rest of the family flew in back for our lone December/Christmas time trip a LONG time ago. It was heaven for me to only stop when I needed to and not trying to get 5 bladders all on the same timetable. :rolleyes: DW and kids flew one way direct on Southwest into MCO. That was back when the rate for your campsite was determined by the day that you checked in. The kids were in school when rates went to Holiday levels so I went down a day or two early and got checked in and set up. So maybe your DW, Teamubr, will take you up on your offer and it will be win-win.

PaHunter, if you can get three visits out of those AP's, then that sounds like a good plan. And plus the benefit of a hotel stay on property is "now you know what it's like" and no more guessing or wondering what it's like.

True, too, what you say about getting harder to get sites.

Ed

We did get to stay at All Sports when the hurricane displaced us along with Teamubr, although he got the very nice upgrade. I have stayed at Port Orleans, way back when and another stay at Shades of Green also once upon a time.

j
Read this and had to laugh, My DW will not fly unless it's a dire emergency fly so I don't worry about that. In 2013 during our second trip together to WDW we spent the first week at AKL all Lucille wanted to do was check out of there and into the Cabins where we had previously stayed

Last edited:
Slight derail...

View attachment 454231

For my Smokey and the Bandit friends.

giphy.gif

And we appreciate it. ED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!