The Disney-fication of our Non-Disney Vacation...an October 2013 TR

oopsiDAISY

DIS Veteran
Hello Everyone...and welcome to a new oopsiDAISY trip report! For those of you who are new to the oopsiFAMILY...feel free to read our past PTR's and TR's. You will find links in my signature below. For those who have lived life with us already...WELCOME BACK!!!

This was our third annual trip to the World...only it ended not really being a trip to the World as much as a Florida vacation that got DISNEY-fied!!! You can read the whole sordid tale of how we went from an annual Disney vacation to just a Florida vacation if you want to read the PTR for this trip, HERE.

Anywho, it ended up being a FANTASTIC week with just enough of this stuff pixiedust: to keep us content. Come along and enjoy the ride. Warning:the oopsiFAMILY rides tend to get bumpy from time to time. :sad2:

Let me take this time to introduce you to the oopsiFAMILY! First there is DH and I:

Brian is 37, and works as a maintenance planner for an aviation manufacturing company (he plans repair jobs on airplanes). He is a Star Wars junkie, but he also loves Disney ALMOST as much as I do. He "drank the Disney koolaid" on our March 2012 trip. He is also a student right now as he finishes his degree in Business Administration through an online program offered by the university I work for.

I am Connie, 42 years young. I work as an administrative assistant for a small, private university in our town. I am a DISNEY NUT! I like to plan Disney vacations, throw Disney parties, have Disney movie nights...and pretty much compare all of life to anything Disney related. I enjoy reading when I am not working or thinking about Disney.

Next in line we have DD14:

Jillian is a teenager...yeah, that sums it up. :thumbsup2 She is her Daddy's girl for sure. She loves all things her Daddy loves. She loves Star Wars, sci-fi, etc. She is very involved in music and theater at school, but wants to be a veterinarian when she grows up. She has ALWAYS had a love of animals.

Nest up is DD12:

Charity is our resident girly-girl. She loves all things pink and sparkly. She is a friend to everyone she meets. She loves to keep her social calendar full, and loves to have fun almost as much as her Mommy. She is made from the same mold I am, what can I say? :goodvibes

Pulling up the rear we have DS7:

I realize this is not the best picture...but it is HIM! He is putting on his super hero cape in this picture... and he means business! Gabriel is the most creative and funny little guy ever. He MUST have some sort of costume for every show he watches, for every time he plays at all. His mission for this vacation was to obtain a Jack Sparrow costume. He has been talking about it and planning it for over a year. That's our Gabe! :thumbsup2

Also along for this trip were my Mom and Dad:

I am not exaggerating when I say that this trip would not have been possible without them. Brian and I experienced financial setbacks this year that would have prevented us for going on a family vacation. My parents graciously welcomed us to stay with them in a beautiful two bedroom villa just 2 miles from our favorite happy place. They are the best parents ever and they are the best grandparents ever. Besides this week long vacation with us, they have also had our children come and visit them seven hours away for a total of three weeks this year. They are fantastic!!

So, that is all about us. I hope you will take the journey with me to find out how we Disney-fied our non-Disney vacation!

First!! :cool1:

Now to go back and read. :rotfl:

ETA: OK, now that I've read everything, I loved the intro. I can't wait to read all about the trip and follow along with all of the ups and down. Fingers crossed that it will be mostly ups and that there will be no squirrels involved.

Speaking of squirrels, Jim found a squirrel tail at the top of the steps last weekend. Never did find the rest of him and I haven't seen any tailless squirrels running around the back yard. :confused3 :lmao:

I lurked along on your PTR and just wanted to say I am here for your TR! You guys seem like such a fun family and I love hearing about your movie nights :) Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

PARTYS HERE!!!!! lol hi it's me :banana: Aew my Congo :lovestruc you look so cute!!
yay kidlets ( you mean Baberiel?)
omg ur parents are too cute!

I'm in! :wave2: Hi oopsi. I am so excited for this TR. I was soaking up the FB updates, so I can't wait to see them all put together. Nice intros.....your family is just so wonderful and inspiring. I hope, I hope, I hope we get to meet someday!

Hey Connie! I might not post often but I sure love the TRs!
Im the one that friended you on fb recently. ;) Our last trip was this past May-June. Wish I had the patience to produce such awesome TRs as yourself. I use low patience as my excuse for laziness! I still haven't ordered my dvd slideshow I made of the trip yet :rolleyes2

Will be checking back!

Crap - Mo beat me!!! I totally missed your FB post saying that you started this... Sigh... Hopefully I made the first page - at least. ???

Loved meeting you all again... One of my all time FAVORITE Dis families... And one of my longest Dis friends...

So very happy that you were able to take this trip - and cannot WAIT to relive it with you!!!!

Oh - and I loved the intro pics too... They offer little sneaks into your trip - wahoo!!! Everyone looks so HAPPY!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!

D~

Ooh - and I forgot to add...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the title! Brilliant!!!

D~

First!!

Now to go back and read.

ETA: OK, now that I've read everything, I loved the intro. I can't wait to read all about the trip and follow along with all of the ups and down. Fingers crossed that it will be mostly ups and that there will be no squirrels involved.

Speaking of squirrels, Jim found a squirrel tail at the top of the steps last weekend. Never did find the rest of him and I haven't seen any tailless squirrels running around the back yard.

For you my faithful friend....

No squirrel incidents this time....but that doesn't mean we didn't tease Gabe mercilessly whenever was saw one of those little rascals on vacation. :rolleyes1

Oh, that is just so awesome that you found a squirrel tail, but no squirrel. Wonder if they drop their tales when caught by predators like lizards sometimes do? :scratchin I am thinking you could make a brilliant hat from it, like the coon tail hats! :rotfl2:

I lurked along on your PTR and just wanted to say I am here for your TR! You guys seem like such a fun family and I love hearing about your movie nights. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

WELCOME!!!! I am so excited that you came out of hiding! :cool1: I do hope you will stick around, AND that you will not go back into hiding! After this TR, I will be starting a PTR for our cruise next year. Lots of fun in store!

PARTYS HERE!!!!! lol hi it's me Aew my Congo you look so cute!!
yay kidlets ( you mean Baberiel?)
omg ur parents are too cute!

My most favorite Cheeky Sunshine has shown up!!!! :dance3: You know I HAD to see my namesake cruise boat while I was there last week....and I have pictures to prove it. :goodvibes Yeah, our little BABE, he's a character! pirate:

I found my way over here and can't wait to read along.

Welcome Back!!! Haven't seen you around in SO LONG! How are your movie nights going? :confused3 Your cruise is SOOOOO CLOSE! I cannot wait to hear all about it! I took your advice, and I have been making plans for some FE gift ideas. :artist:

I'm in! Hi oopsi. I am so excited for this TR. I was soaking up the FB updates, so I can't wait to see them all put together. Nice intros.....your family is just so wonderful and inspiring. I hope, I hope, I hope we get to meet someday!

Suzi's here! :cheer2: I just love that we have TR's going at the same time. :goodvibesNext year is going to be Disboards insanity when you, me, Mo, D~ and KatMark all have reports going at the same time! So much craziness to spread around! :crazy2: :rotfl:

Hey Connie! I might not post often but I sure love the TRs!
Im the one that friended you on fb recently. ;) Our last trip was this past May-June. Wish I had the patience to produce such awesome TRs as yourself. I use low patience as my excuse for laziness! I still haven't ordered my dvd slideshow I made of the trip yet

Will be checking back!

WELCOME!!!! Okay, so I actually had TWO Disney folks friend me this week. Would you mind PM'ing me to give me your FB name, so I can put a face with your Disboard user name? :confused3 I just love new Disney friends. So glad you joined the fun!

Can't hide from me! I AM HERE!!!

And i beat D~...

YOU BEAT D~!!!!

Now, let the REAL games begin! You all are more entertaining that I am, so take it away anytime! :happytv:

Crap - Mo beat me!!! I totally missed your FB post saying that you started this... Sigh... Hopefully I made the first page - at least. ???

Loved meeting you all again... One of my all time FAVORITE Dis families... And one of my longest Dis friends...

So very happy that you were able to take this trip - and cannot WAIT to relive it with you!!!!

Oh - and I loved the intro pics too... They offer little sneaks into your trip - wahoo!!! Everyone looks so HAPPY!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!

D~

Hey Guys, look... D~ made it to the party!

::rotfl2:

Sorry D~...I REALLY am glad you made it over here... really, I am! :flower3:

Well, since you are a FB friend, last night Jillian offered more sneak peeks that I anticipated. :sad2: She posted SO MANY vacation pictures...and she tagged me in some, so some of my Disfriends got some FANTASTIC sneak peeks. :sad: Oh well, just glad she enjoyed vacation as much as we did! :thumbsup2

Ooh - and I forgot to add...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the title! Brilliant!!!

D~

Thanks, D~! I considered a few other options, but I really liked that one! :thumbsup2

baaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha D got the snail!!!! :lmao:
i almost was a bit snarky about not getting a picture until i saw my marathon runner... THANK YOU!!!! :hug:
I found this REALLY REALLY FUNNY!!! you are most creative with report titles!!!!
i know.. you named mine... :blush:

Seriously, a snail??? Mo always gets the good stuff... It's because she is a Dis stalker and I have to WORK... Sigh...

It's OK though...

Now I have to go find those pictures... Last night was kind of crazy for me - if you didn't read about it in my TR - that's OK... I was just rambling, as usual... Nothing earth shattering.

Hmmm... Now I forgot what I was originally going to post about... LOL

D~ <--- BTW... Did any of you notice that I added more photos to my siggy? I worked on it for HOURS this weekend... It's not easy getting them all the exact same size so they fit on your computer screen so perfectly... :whistle:

Following along! :)

WELCOME! I hope you will jump on in here and join the craziness! And don't forget to comment from time to time! :thumbsup2

baaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha D got the snail!!!! :lmao:
i almost was a bit snarky about not getting a picture until i saw my marathon runner... THANK YOU!!!! :hug:
I found this REALLY REALLY FUNNY!!! you are most creative with report titles!!!!
i know.. you named mine... :blush:

Of course you get a picture for your accomplishment!!! I know the graphics I put for your and D~ were pretty giant and pretty cruddy in general...but I couldn't resist. :rotfl2:

Seriously, a snail??? Mo always gets the good stuff... It's because she is a Dis stalker and I have to WORK... Sigh...

It's OK though...

Now I have to go find those pictures... Last night was kind of crazy for me - if you didn't read about it in my TR - that's OK... I was just rambling, as usual... Nothing earth shattering.

Hmmm... Now I forgot what I was originally going to post about... LOL

D~ <--- BTW... Did any of you notice that I added more photos to my siggy? I worked on it for HOURS this weekend... It's not easy getting them all the exact same size so they fit on your computer screen so perfectly... :whistle:

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings with that silly picture, I was just having some fun with you and Mo! :blush: You are a very dear Disfriend, and I am always honored that you take time from your busy life to follow along on my reports!

I actually caught up on your TR this morning, and posted comments! :thumbsup2 Yes, you had a crazy night last night for sure...sometimes I don't see how you keep up with yourself and all the goings and comings you have going on! :scared1: Please be nice to yourself with the new workout routines! :goodvibes

Your signature ROCKS! Now, I need to go back and look at the individual shots to see what your favorite bags have been... :rolleyes1

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings with that silly picture, I was just having some fun with you and Mo! :blush: You are a very dear Disfriend, and I am always honored that you take time from your busy life to follow along on my reports!

Oh no!!! Not mad at all... LOL I totally "got" it. :lovestruc

I actually caught up on your TR this morning, and posted comments! :thumbsup2 Yes, you had a crazy night last night for sure...sometimes I don't see how you keep up with yourself and all the goings and comings you have going on! :scared1: Please be nice to yourself with the new workout routines!

LOL - Yah - I am a bit sore today... For sure...

Your signature ROCKS! Now, I need to go back and look at the individual shots to see what your favorite bags have been... :rolleyes1

Hahaha... Not necessarily my "favorite" bags - but our bags... I don't want to post someone else's bag in my siggy - ya know?

D~

Hahaha... Not necessarily my "favorite" bags - but our bags... I don't want to post someone else's bag in my siggy - ya know?

D~

You guys are cracking me up this afternoon. Don't forget I was first!! :rotfl: That is quite an accomplishment for me (or maybe it just shows my stalker tendencies? :confused3).

Oh, and D~, you are very welcome to display any of my bags anywhere you would like! I was a tiny bit sad when I saw that none of mine were there. But then I did realize that they were all your bags except maybe the Mickey & Duffy? For some reason I'm remembering that one as an auction bag. Dracula Mickey is all packed for the plane ride in 3 1/2 days!!!! :cool1:

Oh no!!! Not mad at all... LOL I totally "got" it. :lovestruc

LOL - Yah - I am a bit sore today... For sure...

D~

Well, I have to say...I LOVE Jessie and Bullseye! So CUTE!!! :cutie:

Glad I didn't offend! :goodvibes

You guys are cracking me up this afternoon. Don't forget I was first!! :rotfl: That is quite an accomplishment for me (or maybe it just shows my stalker tendencies? :confused3).

Oh, and D~, you are very welcome to display any of my bags anywhere you would like! I was a tiny bit sad when I saw that none of mine were there. But then I did realize that they were all your bags except maybe the Mickey & Duffy? For some reason I'm remembering that one as an auction bag. Dracula Mickey is all packed for the plane ride in 3 1/2 days!!!! :cool1:

You saved room in your bag for me, right? :confused3 Some of our IRL friends are there now, posting tons of pics from MNSSHP. It seems like we have been gone from there WAAAAAY longer than just a few days. :worried:

But I refuse to let the Disney blues get me this time...I have a TR to do AND a PTR for a CRUUUUUUIIIIISEEE coming up!!! :cool1:

You saved room in your bag for me, right? :confused3 Some of our IRL friends are there now, posting tons of pics from MNSSHP. It seems like we have been gone from there WAAAAAY longer than just a few days. :worried:

But I refuse to let the Disney blues get me this time...I have a TR to do AND a PTR for a CRUUUUUUIIIIISEEE coming up!!! :cool1:

Well I probably do have room on the trip down. On the way back, probably not so much with the amount of souvenirs I always buy. :rotfl: If you don't mind being left behind at Disney you can hop right in! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter