The "Disney Look" and other newbie questions!

tstewart

Earning My Ears
First time poster and newbie to the DCP program. We are anxiously waiting for the decision for our DD. It has been exactly a month since her phone interview. She applied for Fall Adv. I have a couple questions! First.... we are seeing a lot of Fall acceptances coming thru, but not many FA... while I understand that the answer could come anytime up to sometime in April, did she lessen her possibility of getting accepted by applying for FA? I have seen posts of Spring CM able to apply for extension... does that hurt FA applicants?
Also, since the application process was computer and phone based, how does Disney know that you have "the look"? Are they looking at social media, or do they take your word on this? We are just curious on this, as we believe she has "the look".
Thank you in advance for reading and answering.... this is all new territory for us!

Don't have any answers for you ! Just wanted to wish your DD well and hope she hears something soon!

I wouldn't worry at all about F/FA choice- plenty of spots for both! In fact, both of my kids checked Fall or Spring only and both got Advantage...they accepted for sure but it was unexpected. It's so hard to wait, I know, but believe me, there are lots of acceptances to come!

I don't think they check social media and look at kids. I do think they have spies on CP group pages but not for that reason. Everyone gets "inspected" at check in and many have to go dye their hair, get a more classic haircut or get stuff to cover tattoos. If you think your DD is all set, she probably is! Good luck to her!!!

Acceptances tend to come in waves-but I do think some of the FA decisions are based on the amount of extensions that occur. Really, though, it's a mystery either way.

As far as the "look" goes, Disney does their word on it in terms of the hiring process. However, if it's found that they don't follow the "look", they'll either be termed right away depending on what it is (such as tattoos/piercings) or given a certain amount of time to fix it. If that doesn't happen, they get termed.

Good luck to your DD! I just went through the process myself and it was definitely nerve-wracking.

Disney Look is not something that you have - it's a guideline of dress that you follow.

Your DD could have multiple facial piercings and bright pink hair up until the day of check in, but the day she checks in she needs to have taken everything out and gone to a natural color. I definitely was not within Disney Look guidelines when I was hired, I just simply colored my hair and took out some piercings before I got to FL and everything was fine.

Doing a search for Disney Look Guidelines will bring of many pages of information about what the guidelines entail

First time poster and newbie to the DCP program. We are anxiously waiting for the decision for our DD. It has been exactly a month since her phone interview. She applied for Fall Adv. I have a couple questions! First.... we are seeing a lot of Fall acceptances coming thru, but not many FA... while I understand that the answer could come anytime up to sometime in April, did she lessen her possibility of getting accepted by applying for FA? I have seen posts of Spring CM able to apply for extension... does that hurt FA applicants?
Also, since the application process was computer and phone based, how does Disney know that you have "the look"? Are they looking at social media, or do they take your word on this? We are just curious on this, as we believe she has "the look".
Thank you in advance for reading and answering.... this is all new territory for us!
I have to think that the FA kids are put off a bit, until the kids that are there now decide on doing extensions. As soon as that is done, and Disney knows what they need for the spring, the FA kids will start hearing.
As far as the 'Disney look' goes, it's more a dress type thing. But...if you arrive with magenta hair, piercings in your nose, and eyelids, and tattoos running down your neck, you may have an issue. You will be told to color your hair and remove the piercings. As for the body art, they may assign you to an area that has a costume that covers it up.

My DD was accepted for Fall 2017 and she has a small tattoo. She was completely honest with them, told them exactly where it was & the exact size. She was given QSFB and has been looking at the costumes online. Some will cover, some won't. She isn't allowed to use make up to cover it because she's in foods. Should prove interesting. I see some long sleeves in the Florida heat in her future!!

Good luck to your DD - waiting is the hardest part!

My DD was accepted for Fall 2017 and she has a small tattoo. She was completely honest with them, told them exactly where it was & the exact size. She was given QSFB and has been looking at the costumes online. Some will cover, some won't. She isn't allowed to use make up to cover it because she's in foods. Should prove interesting. I see some long sleeves in the Florida heat in her future!!

Shop ahead of time so she is good to go on arrival. DD assumed since they knew they would not place her where her costume would not cover arm. Didn't. They are particular on color (I think they had to be white but not sure if that is location specific), no logo etc and she ran out to buy a long sleeve top that was okay ... but then we ordered sleeves so that she wouldn't be so hot. These were okay to wear and way more comfortable for her. Next costume didn't matter.

http://www.tat2x.com/cover-a-tattoo-s/1817.htm

Shop ahead of time so she is good to go on arrival. DD assumed since they knew they would not place her where her costume would not cover arm. Didn't. They are particular on color (I think they had to be white but not sure if that is location specific), no logo etc and she ran out to buy a long sleeve top that was okay ... but then we ordered sleeves so that she wouldn't be so hot. These were okay to wear and way more comfortable for her. Next costume didn't matter.

http://www.tat2x.com/cover-a-tattoo-s/1817.htm

Thank you so much! Luckily hers is small enough that technically she could put a regular band aid on it in a pinch if she had to, it's on her inner arm, above her elbow. I would have never thought about a sleeve!

Thank you so much! Luckily hers is small enough that technically she could put a regular band aid on it in a pinch if she had to, it's on her inner arm, above her elbow. I would have never thought about a sleeve!

We didn't either until she got there and they told her.

But she needs to also check regulation on band aids in FB. I know my DD worked at a restaurant in college and that can be a problem if you actually handle the food .... should it fall off.

Good luck to your DD - waiting is the

Hi what was the outcome?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts