The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

We arrive next week! I called today to link my reservation with my sister’s and to request Fantasy tower. When I asked if it’s better to check in via the app or in person he said it didn’t matter. I see that we can check in starting 5 days before our trip. Any tips on check in strategy?
I don't know if this really matters or not, but last time I went, I checked in online prior to our trip but still went to the front desk to check where they put us because I have certain preferences (this was at GCH but the same is true resort-wide). They may have looked at those preferences but were going to assign us to a room because it was ready. It wasn't what we'd hoped for so I asked if they had anything that we'd requested. She told me they didn't have one ready but that they'd have a room later in the day, which was fine with us. As it turned out, we got a text that our room was ready right after we'd dropped the bags with the porter, lol.

Anyway, my suggestion is to still check at the front desk, even if you check in online, to have the best shot at getting what you requested if that's important to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!