The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

I have a couple of pool questions- I believe I've seen before that you can use the pool on check out day "until you are ready to leave". So will the key card still work all day to access the pool area? I also vaguely recall reading that there are restrooms by the pool that might have changing areas?

Finally, is there wi-fi by the pools? I am looking at a scenario where I might need to work down in the pool area on check out day while my kids play until probably early afternoon.
We got a pool access card from the front desk on our checkout day. Our key stopped working the gate at the normal checkout time. This was about 1 year ago, so it might have changed.

6 days until we check in!!!:dogdance:

A couple of questions....

Will I be able to charge tips back to the hotel like we do at WDW?

And does anyone know if there is a micowave anywhere available for use?

Thanks!

Edit...thought of a couple more!

Can I charge Starbucks at Downtown Disney back to the hotel room (and other DD shops and restaurants)?

And is there anywhere to purchase bottled water at the hotel, like at the gift shop?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Does DLH always have turn down service? We have gotten it for the last 2 nights! We are just a standard non-club level room, so I certainly wasn’t expecting it!

Does DLH always have turn down service? We have gotten it for the last 2 nights! We are just a standard non-club level room, so I certainly wasn’t expecting it!
We did not get turn down service last year in our premium view room. I think you got some pixie dust! :)

We didn't get turn down service during our stay last November either. Lucky!

Just switched from a standard room to premium downtown Disney view room. I requested being in the Adventure Tower, does anyone know which floors the premium DTD view rooms are on?

Two DLH questions -

1 - If I reserve now just to have the reservations, and better rates become available later, can I get the better rate? We aren't going until Sept 2020.

2 - If we stay at DLH but get our tickets through UT or LMT, can we still use the MM/EMH each day, or does that only work if you bought your tickets through Disney also?

Two DLH questions -

1 - If I reserve now just to have the reservations, and better rates become available later, can I get the better rate? We aren't going until Sept 2020.

2 - If we stay at DLH but get our tickets through UT or LMT, can we still use the MM/EMH each day, or does that only work if you bought your tickets through Disney also?

You should be able to cancel up to a couple days before your travel dates IF you don’t book a travel package. Don’t book airfare or tickets with your hotel, I don’t think you can cancel those packages.

Hey, we didn’t get it the last two nights! Lucky!

Just switched from a standard room to premium downtown Disney view room. I requested being in the Adventure Tower, does anyone know which floors the premium DTD view rooms are on?

I believe premium rooms are above floor 8. The view and tower you requested is my fave, have fun!!

How are you all requesting towers?? I have no information yet.

My best pal is my TA, and she booked this for me. So I can't see any of my reservation on the app or my account at all. She is currently on her way home from DW, so I imagine my travel info is all currently in her mailbox for my trip in 10 days.

But she's called - she was told no online check in, I do it all when I get there. So do we just request that tower when we check in? We're just in a standard room....

How are you all requesting towers?? I have no information yet.

My best pal is my TA, and she booked this for me. So I can't see any of my reservation on the app or my account at all. She is currently on her way home from DW, so I imagine my travel info is all currently in her mailbox for my trip in 10 days.

But she's called - she was told no online check in, I do it all when I get there. So do we just request that tower when we check in? We're just in a standard room....

I called and politely asked for that tower and a room with two bed (I’m going with a good friend... but I don’t think she considers me THAT good of a friend :P) They can’t guarantee anything, but they do their best. I’ll ask again at check it. The last couple years they have been able to honor the request, but I never get my hopes up.

I was surprised! If I had known we would receive it that first night, I would have left my room a lot cleaner that afternoon! :rotfl:

We’ve always received it unless someone left the “Do not disturb” sign up. On our last trip we had just gotten back to the room when they came to turn down the sheets and some of the party was quietly sleeping (okay, snoring loudly). My DH told them we were fine so she just handed him a handful of chocolates 👏🏻

We’ve always received it unless someone left the “Do not disturb” sign up. On our last trip we had just gotten back to the room when they came to turn down the sheets and some of the party was quietly sleeping (okay, snoring loudly). My DH told them we were fine so she just handed him a handful of chocolates 👏🏻
Love it when people just hand me handfuls of chocolates!! What a great way to end a day....anywhere!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter