The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

You know, the more I look at this dress, the more I like it. I love the way the Trader Sams dress fits my curves. I think I’m gonna wait on a sale and a few reviews though....especially since the Darth Vader dress was a real dud and I ended up returning it.

With your complexion, size and modeling abilities, you'd look fantastic in this dress!

Very surprised the Darth Vader dress didn't work out. What changed your mind?

For me, I'm tired of black clothing! There's a bazillion colors out there how many more "little black dresses" do we need?! :laughing:

:hyper2: Here's something fun to share with you ladies, my husband is moon struck with Downton Abbey, I kid you not! Of course I love the show and movie but he always referred to it as a chick show. Now who's clucking! :poop:

With your complexion, size and modeling abilities, you'd look fantastic in this dress!

Very surprised the Darth Vader dress didn't work out. What changed your mind?

For me, I'm tired of black clothing! There's a bazillion colors out there how many more "little black dresses" do we need?! :laughing:
Thank you for the compliments!! I don’t believe them, but do appreciate them :p
The Vader dress was laughable. First off, the halter was a weird fit, and the front part just looked cheap. It was so bad I didn’t even let my husband see me in it.....and he’s usually my go to person when I’m undecided on a dress. It was not worth the full price.
And as for black dresses, I actually need “normal” black dresses. All of mine have characters on them and aren’t really appropriate for serious things like funerals so I’m always scrambling to find something to wear to those sort of things. Another reason Vader had to go!

And as for black dresses, I actually need “normal” black dresses. All of mine have characters on them and aren’t really appropriate for serious things like funerals so I’m always scrambling to find something to wear to those sort of things. Another reason Vader had to go!
Nice sale going on HERE

Nice sale going on HERE
The Loft had an awesome sale last weekend. I was able to get 70% off and free shipping so I ordered two “normal” black dresses. They haven’t shipped yet, but hopefully won’t need them anytime soon.

I haven't had time to take pictures, but I did order the Inside Out romper and skirt -

https://www.shopdisney.com/inside-o...uctSearch=0&plpPosition=1&searchType=redirect
The only other Dress Shop dress I have is the Haunted Mansion one, which I have an in XL, so I ordered the romper in an XL as well. (I'm normally a 14-16 in tops and 12 in pants) The XL romper was very short in the body for me. It kept riding up uncomfortably, and was hugging my belly (not flattering.)

I ordered the 1X and it fits much better. The skirt in the 1X actually wraps completely around for me and doesn't have the gape pictured. I actually like it better without the skirt.

The romper is not lined and the material is not very thick, so it could be very revealing if you got wet.

I'll take pictures and share when I have a chance.

I jumped online and ordered the UK Dooney Satchel this morning. I’ll post pics once I get it.

And remember the Fantasia dress? Well, it fits better since I’ve been doing the sirtfood diet. I tried it on last Sunday and it zipped easier in the chest, and wasn’t as lumpy and bumpy in the middle section. I still have a bit of a ways to go to be comfortable in it in public, but husband loved it. He kept saying, “Wow, Momma Bear is showing off some curves!” I’ll post pics when I try it on again.

Hi! This is my first post on the DISBoards. :love: I am excited to purchase the new Alice in Wonderland dress. I actually went to the Coop the first day it reopened at Disney Springs and was sooooo disappointed that they didn’t have it in stock yet. Waited close to 4 hours. I started collecting these dresses about a year ago and love them. I have 7 or 8 now. I normally find them either one Mercari, eBay or rarely at the Character Warehouse. It pains me to pay full price (well passholder full price), but there are 2 I have. The Marie dress and when I get the Alice dress. The only thing is that it seems like I am a medium and a half. Sigh... Oh well. Hope everyone has a super awesome weekend :sunny:

I jumped online and ordered the UK Dooney Satchel this morning. I’ll post pics once I get it.

And remember the Fantasia dress? Well, it fits better since I’ve been doing the sirtfood diet. I tried it on last Sunday and it zipped easier in the chest, and wasn’t as lumpy and bumpy in the middle section. I still have a bit of a ways to go to be comfortable in it in public, but husband loved it. He kept saying, “Wow, Momma Bear is showing off some curves!” I’ll post pics when I try it on again.
Congratulations on the dress!! I’m sure you look amazing! Is that one of the dresses that sits off the shoulder slightly? Those are soooo cute, but I feel like that would drive me crazy.

Hi! This is my first post on the DISBoards. :love: I am excited to purchase the new Alice in Wonderland dress. I actually went to the Coop the first day it reopened at Disney Springs and was sooooo disappointed that they didn’t have it in stock yet. Waited close to 4 hours. I started collecting these dresses about a year ago and love them. I have 7 or 8 now. I normally find them either one Mercari, eBay or rarely at the Character Warehouse. It pains me to pay full price (well passholder full price), but there are 2 I have. The Marie dress and when I get the Alice dress. The only thing is that it seems like I am a medium and a half. Sigh... Oh well. Hope everyone has a super awesome weekend :sunny:
Welcome to the DISBoards!
I started collecting these dresses a couple of years ago, and I have also bought a few of mine from eBay and Mercari. I’ve never had much luck at the Warehouse for dresses, but found amazing deals on stuffed animals (I’m a sucker for those) and a Dooney I found there last year.
Hopefully, I’ll get to go to Co-op again in September, because it’s nice to try on before buying!
You can buy the Alice dress on shopDisney, and if it doesn’t work out, return it by mail or to a local Disney store. They run decent sales from time to time because I was able to get my Flower and Garden dress for 25% off earlier this year.

Congratulations on the dress!! I’m sure you look amazing! Is that one of the dresses that sits off the shoulder slightly? Those are soooo cute, but I feel like that would drive me crazy.
Thank you! It was one I wanted to try on in person, but when the pandemic hit, realized I wouldn’t be able to for a long while.
7444BB6C-80A2-4F79-8259-AA72DAC12412.png
This is the Fantasia dress. I love it because I’ll be able to wear one of my normal bras with it. I have a bunch that I have to wear a strapless bra with, and I’m not a huge fan of those.

Welcome to the DISBoards!
I started collecting these dresses a couple of years ago, and I have also bought a few of mine from eBay and Mercari. I’ve never had much luck at the Warehouse for dresses, but found amazing deals on stuffed animals (I’m a sucker for those) and a Dooney I found there last year.
Hopefully, I’ll get to go to Co-op again in September, because it’s nice to try on before buying!
You can buy the Alice dress on shopDisney, and if it doesn’t work out, return it by mail or to a local Disney store. They run decent sales from time to time because I was able to get my Flower and Garden dress for 25% off earlier this year.
:) Hi anniebean. I did luck into two of them at the outlets. The Rock the Dots halter and the Disney Dogs dresses. My only issue with getting it on shopDisney is that my 20% annual pass discount does not apply. If they would honor that online or I could get the 25% off like you did,I would in a second. I live about 30 minutes away from Disney but I still get a little nervous thinking about going out. I may try and take a day off this coming week and see about heading over there. Baby steps LOL!

Thank you! It was one I wanted to try on in person, but when the pandemic hit, realized I wouldn’t be able to for a long while.
View attachment 499417
This is the Fantasia dress. I love it because I’ll be able to wear one of my normal bras with it. I have a bunch that I have to wear a strapless bra with, and I’m not a huge fan of those.
Ohh that one is beautiful! I totally missed that one. I agree with you on the bra. I am a bit top heavy so strapless/not wearing one are not good options :)

:) Hi anniebean. I did luck into two of them at the outlets. The Rock the Dots halter and the Disney Dogs dresses. My only issue with getting it on shopDisney is that my 20% annual pass discount does not apply. If they would honor that online or I could get the 25% off like you did,I would in a second. I live about 30 minutes away from Disney but I still get a little nervous thinking about going out. I may try and take a day off this coming week and see about heading over there. Baby steps LOL!
Lucky! I’d LOVE to be a local! I think my purse is glad we aren’t though because I’d stay broke!
We have AP as well, but since we are 9 hours away, I just try to wait on sale online. I’m not good at waiting, but I do *try*
Ooohh!!! You have Dogs dress, too! I actually bought my Dogs dress on Amazon! I think about $55? I couldn’t believe it! I’m not a huge fan of how it fits me (I should have bought my normal size), however since I work with dogs in my job, I think it’s fitting.
I hope you get to go to Disney this week! If you do, report back. I’m really anxious to see how September will play out

Lucky! I’d LOVE to be a local! I think my purse is glad we aren’t though because I’d stay broke!
We have AP as well, but since we are 9 hours away, I just try to wait on sale online. I’m not good at waiting, but I do *try*
Ooohh!!! You have Dogs dress, too! I actually bought my Dogs dress on Amazon! I think about $55? I couldn’t believe it! I’m not a huge fan of how it fits me (I should have bought my normal size), however since I work with dogs in my job, I think it’s fitting.
I hope you get to go to Disney this week! If you do, report back. I’m really anxious to see how September will play out
Yes, my wallet does suffer a bit LOL. Oh you work with dogs? What do you do?
I agree with the fit. I’m jealous that you have a normal size. I fit anywhere between a medium or large. I joke seriously that I am a medium and a half.
I am the worst at waiting. I thought about heading out this morning but since is the weekend I’m not sure of the crowds. I will definitely report back once I get back out there.

Yes, my wallet does suffer a bit LOL. Oh you work with dogs? What do you do?
I agree with the fit. I’m jealous that you have a normal size. I fit anywhere between a medium or large. I joke seriously that I am a medium and a half.
I am the worst at waiting. I thought about heading out this morning but since is the weekend I’m not sure of the crowds. I will definitely report back once I get back out there.
I’m a big dog camp counselor so essentially it’s doggy daycare for large dogs. I have so many scratches and bruises.....but I love it. This is actually my “retirement” job. I worked at a national lab (ORNL) before this.
Oh I don’t have a normal size at all and envy those who do! I wear a medium, but my chest thinks we should be in a larger size. I’m hoping this sirtfood diet I’ve been on will shrink the girls a bit.

I’m a big dog camp counselor so essentially it’s doggy daycare for large dogs. I have so many scratches and bruises.....but I love it. This is actually my “retirement” job. I worked at a national lab (ORNL) before this.
Oh I don’t have a normal size at all and envy those who do! I wear a medium, but my chest thinks we should be in a larger size. I’m hoping this sirtfood diet I’ve been on will shrink the girls a bit.
That sounds like so much fun! We lost our dog some time back and the hubby still isn’t ready for another one. 💔 We have our Kitty who was raised with our Kupa so she thinks she’s a dog. I used to volunteer at an animal shelter but it broke my heart to see them all there and not be able to take them home. Doggie Daycare sounds super fun though.
Oh you and I sound similar on the clothing front. I can’t wear anything with buttons smaller than a large to extra large but the bottom wants a small. I lost some 30 pounds a few years ago but the girls stayed the same size. I decided not to argue with them and let them do what they want LOL.
Good luck on the diet. 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter