The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

The one thing I first saw about this dress, LADIES we have sleeves!
I'm actually not crazy about the sleeves, I feel like they draw attention to the widest part of your arm. I also frequently wear cardigans over my dresses (especially when I'm inside and the AC is cranked) and that little sleeve may cause a weird lump under a cardigan. That said, I am still keeping my fingers crossed that I can try on this dress during my upcoming December trip!

I'm actually not crazy about the sleeves, I feel like they draw attention to the widest part of your arm. I also frequently wear cardigans over my dresses (especially when I'm inside and the AC is cranked) and that little sleeve may cause a weird lump under a cardigan. That said, I am still keeping my fingers crossed that I can try on this dress during my upcoming December trip!

For me it's a start. I'm not into poofy sleeves either and you're right when using a cardigan. I hope they add sleeves to more dresses preferably that can be worn with a cardigan without it looking weird. :-)

I just bought the sketch dress and a couple of small stocking stuffers to reach the $150 mark to get 30% off. After tax, I got it for $95. I'll report back if I like it when it arrives.

I wanted the Christmas Dress too but they only have very large sizes left.

Hi all -
Just wanted to share that I received my mickey sketch dress and my holiday dress yesterday.
I have several Dress Shop dresses - all medium. I ordered both of these in Medium.

Sketch dress fits as expected. My DH said its his favorite dress in my closet now.
Pockets - yet. Cute mickey head pull tab on zipper.
I plan on getting some sort of jeweled pin and wearing this for christmas.

This leads me to the 2018 christmas dress. It's being returned today.
LOVE the skirt material. Fit is mostly fine. The top on each side of my chest sticks out.
Could not get the stole to sit right no matter what I tried. Found I was not comfortable moving my arms around.
I think if the stole was integrated into the dress (attached) it may have been better.
The BEST solution would have been to drop the stole idea and just done a fur collar, honestly.
Not worth the price IMO.

They really need to DROP THE WAISTS on these dresses. They really border on Baby Doll styles. Just saying. Waist ties that go around my rib cage bite.

I really like it too - classic and cute. But at 5'9, I know it would be too short on me. The new Mickey sketch dress is also pretty cute.

I measured the Tiki dress to the Sketch and they are the same length. I do understand your caution as I'm only 5'2". Also note on the Sketch dress the hem is machine sewn down to 1/4" so there is no way you could lower it.

I might be late to the game...but who in their right mind would pay $700 for a dress that looks like a nightgown??? Just...no. I adore the Dress Shop dresses but I just don't see the appeal on this one to justify the price point

:rotfl2: There is no price point that could justify this dress. :rotfl:

Hi all -
They really need to DROP THE WAISTS on these dresses. They really border on Baby Doll styles. Just saying. Waist ties that go around my rib cage bite.

Totally agree.
I tried the Sketch wearing two different bras from Wacoal, strapless and one with straps. The dress fit better with straps so I will be sewing black straps on my dress to cover my bra.
I removed the black waist tie from the loops and placed it on my actual waist and it looks and feels so much better.

I measured the Tiki dress to the Sketch and they are the same length. I do understand your caution as I'm only 5'2". Also note on the Sketch dress the hem is machine sewn down to 1/4" so there is no way you could lower it.
Thanks @FoxC63! The sketch dress should be fine, it's the black dress with the white Mickeys on the bottom that I think would be too short.

I really like it too - classic and cute. But at 5'9, I know it would be too short on me. The new Mickey sketch dress is also pretty cute.

To me it looks like VERY different material from the regular Dress Shop dresses. don't think it wiill fit the same.
If anyone buys it, please post comments here.

You guys are making me nervous about my sketch dress purchase. It is due to arrive on Wednesday and we leave for Disney world on Saturday morning. I didn't even think of what bra to wear.

You guys are making me nervous about my sketch dress purchase. It is due to arrive on Wednesday and we leave for Disney world on Saturday morning. I didn't even think of what bra to wear.

If you have a NUDE strapless bra you are good to go. This is the exact one I tried with my dress, it is a convertible bra so straps are included which is a plus in my book!:
https://www.macys.com/shop/product/...gure-underwire-strapless-bra-854119?ID=545410

And this is the other bra which I prefer to wear with this dress:
https://www.lordandtaylor.com/wacoa...&site_refer=CSE_GGLPLA:Womens_Clothing:Wacoal

Thanks @FoxC63! The sketch dress should be fine, it's the black dress with the white Mickeys on the bottom that I think would be too short.

Sorry about that! I just looked at the photos and this one does look a lot shorter. :upsidedow

And a very low back! :ssst:

I think I'll be passing on this dress too. :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter