The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

If you have a NUDE strapless bra you are good to go. This is the exact one I tried with my dress, it is a convertible bra so straps are included which is a plus in my book!:
https://www.macys.com/shop/product/...gure-underwire-strapless-bra-854119?ID=545410

And this is the other bra which I prefer to wear with this dress:
https://www.lordandtaylor.com/wacoal-basic-beauty-spacer-t-shirt-bra/product/0500018257998?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8v3Xsbz_3gIVSdbACh0mbgGtEAQYBCABEgKoIfD_BwE&site_refer=CSE_GGLPLA:Womens_Clothing:Wacoal
Thank you for the links. I don't have a nude one but I do have a black one and a white one. I'll report back on Wednesday when it arrives. I really hope i can make it work. I really love this pattern and already bought the matching macic band.

I just received the sketch in the mail and I do like it a lot. The one complaint I have is that Disney thinks all thinner girls have no boobs.
I am 5"5 and weigh 124 pounds. I ordered a small and it fits perfectly everywhere except it is very snug around my chest. It is definitely ok but if it shrinks at all in the chest area when I wash it I probably won't be able to wear it again.
i think the medium would be perfect for my chest but the rest would be way too big. Decisions decisions.....​

Attachments

• IMG_7491.JPG
    IMG_7491.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_7492.JPG
    IMG_7492.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 97
I just received the sketch in the mail and I do like it a lot. The one complaint I have is that Disney thinks all thinner girls have no boobs.
I am 5"5 and weigh 124 pounds. I ordered a small and it fits perfectly everywhere except it is very snug around my chest. It is definitely ok but if it shrinks at all in the chest area when I wash it I probably won't be able to wear it again.
i think the medium would be perfect for my chest but the rest would be way too big. Decisions decisions.....​

Same. I bought small & medium I'm 5'2" 125#, when I wore the strapless bra I felt the top was a bit snug but with the other bra it felt perfect with room to spare that's why I brought it up. I don't know what brand of strapless bra you have but I suspect it's a bit more padded resulting in a snug fit.

Oh and the medium was very big all around. The shoulders would not stay in place at all and I tried both bras as well.

I'm staying with the small. Maybe i'll find a different strapless bra or simply add black straps on the dress to hide the bra.

Last edited:
Same. I bought small & medium I'm 5'2" 125#, when I wore the strapless bra I felt the top was a bit snug but with the other bra it felt perfect with room to spare that's why I brought it up. I don't know what brand of strapless bra you have but I suspect it's a bit more padded resulting in a snug fit.

Oh and the medium was very big all around. The shoulders would not stay in place at all and I tried both bras as well.

I'm staying with the small. Maybe i'll find a different strapless bra or simply add black straps on the dress to hide the bra.
Both of my strapless bras aren't padded. I may try to head over to tjmaxx tomorrow and see if I can find a thinner/less bulky one. Either way, I think it will be ok. I appreciate all of your advise on this. It really is a beautiful dress and I like it a lot. I have zero sewing ability's so adding straps is not an option

Hi, another dress obsessed lady joining the board. I just got dress #4 today, the 2018 holiday dress! It is stunning. Not a fan of the stole, it is going to go and I got the black shrug. I had previously passed due to the price, but I got an early Christmas present of a $100 Disney gift card and that plus my Signature AP brought it down to $94 and change with tax for both out of pocket. Not bad at all.

I also have the tiki room dress, white version of the Orange Bird dress, and the Disneyland dress which I had modified to have the straps going over the shoulders instead of around my neck. I also have the navy blue shrug, the tea cup cardigan, the Orange Bird crossbody purse, the Dumbo purse, and the matching tiki room and Orange Bird jewelry. I may be just a bit obsessed, but I go wear the dresses and jewelry a lot, both to Disneyland and just out and about.

Hi, another dress obsessed lady joining the board. I just got dress #4 today, the 2018 holiday dress! It is stunning. Not a fan of the stole, it is going to go and I got the black shrug. I had previously passed due to the price, but I got an early Christmas present of a $100 Disney gift card and that plus my Signature AP brought it down to $94 and change with tax for both out of pocket. Not bad at all.

I also have the tiki room dress, white version of the Orange Bird dress, and the Disneyland dress which I had modified to have the straps going over the shoulders instead of around my neck. I also have the navy blue shrug, the tea cup cardigan, the Orange Bird crossbody purse, the Dumbo purse, and the matching tiki room and Orange Bird jewelry. I may be just a bit obsessed, but I go wear the dresses and jewelry a lot, both to Disneyland and just out and about.

:wave2: and :welcome: to the DIS Board and our happy place!!! Sounds like you've been holding out on us with so many dresses already purchased! Overall how was the fit of the Holiday dress compared to the others?

:wave2: and :welcome: to the DIS Board and our happy place!!! Sounds like you've been holding out on us with so many dresses already purchased! Overall how was the fit of the Holiday dress compared to the others?

It fits a bit odd in the chest. It has the two button option on the shoulder straps, like the tiki room dress, but for small busted me the shorter strap made the sides bow out under my armpits. Very weird, plus I had to look through all four that they had to find one where the straps were not asymmetrically sewn on. Definately some QC issues. So the bust line sits a bit weird on me, but between it being black and sequined, its not noticeable. Definately not a dress for the long waisted in my opinion, like the majority of dress shop dresses it seems. The belt helps with some of the weird fit issues too. No give like the other three dresses I have either, so true to size only. And the stole is way too big, falls right down my arms instead of sitting like it does in the stock photo.

The cast member says he has heard many women have the same complaints about the weird fit and the stole and that was the reason they passed. Bet it would have sold out long before if not for those issues...and the price. But the print is freaking adorable and the sequins actually barely touch the skin, the only place is right under my arms but my bra fixes that.

Haha, sorry for the huge novel of a review! I do like it, and I have been meaning to buy the black shrug anyway since I love the blue one so much so it wasn’t just for a replacement for the crappy stole. It will probably get worn other times of the year just because its that cute.

It fits a bit odd in the chest. It has the two button option on the shoulder straps, like the tiki room dress, but for small busted me the shorter strap made the sides bow out under my armpits. Very weird, plus I had to look through all four that they had to find one where the straps were not asymmetrically sewn on. Definately some QC issues. So the bust line sits a bit weird on me, but between it being black and sequined, its not noticeable. Definately not a dress for the long waisted in my opinion, like the majority of dress shop dresses it seems. The belt helps with some of the weird fit issues too. No give like the other three dresses I have either, so true to size only. And the stole is way too big, falls right down my arms instead of sitting like it does in the stock photo.

The cast member says he has heard many women have the same complaints about the weird fit and the stole and that was the reason they passed. Bet it would have sold out long before if not for those issues...and the price. But the print is freaking adorable and the sequins actually barely touch the skin, the only place is right under my arms but my bra fixes that.

Haha, sorry for the huge novel of a review! I do like it, and I have been meaning to buy the black shrug anyway since I love the blue one so much so it wasn’t just for a replacement for the crappy stole. It will probably get worn other times of the year just because its that cute.

Your explanation is perfect and most appreciated. I believe @sherlockmiles had the same issues if not close to it.

Slightly Off Topic and I'm sure I'll upset a few just know it's not my intentions at all! I was at my local Disney Store and saw that someone had returned the Dooney & Bourke Holiday Tote

upload_2018-12-17_16-13-7.png

That red arrow is pointing to a side pocket
upload_2018-12-17_16-13-50.png

Do you notice how it sticks out? I actually felt this coated canvas and it was like pleather which I'm not a fan, it was squishy weird. I'm sorry, really. Not trying to start WW111 but for those who don't know, now you know.

Also for those interested, Minnie Mouse Sequined Mini Backpack by Loungefly is currently available for $90 and the 20% discount does apply!

upload_2018-12-17_16-25-42.png

Word of Caution: I have this backpack and can confirm you really need to be very selective what you wear when using this backpack. Your clothes will suffer the following consequences as the sequins on the back rubs against it:
Shredding, piling, runs (yes, like pantyhose) and/or holes!
Link: https://www.shopdisney.com/minnie-mouse-sequined-mini-backpack-by-loungefly-1475155

I absolutely LOVE the christmas print. I wont hold out hope that they'll use it for something else (skirt????? *hint hint disney!!) or again next year.

If I could sew like @FoxC63 , I would have kept it and made it into a skirt. I can envision a ton of different cute tops to wear with it for the holidays.

I just got back and I stopped in the Dress Shop while I was there. My husband asked me to try on the Christmas dress and while I love the print, we both agreed that the stole just made the whole thing look weird. I wish they'd do a skirt in that print. I also tried on the pink dog dress and loved it - so cute! I feel like the color and style both suited me so I might purchase it next time there's a sale on-line.

Also for those interested, Minnie Mouse Sequined Mini Backpack by Loungefly is currently available for $90 and the 20% discount does apply!

View attachment 370392

Word of Caution: I have this backpack and can confirm you really need to be very selective what you wear when using this backpack. Your clothes will suffer the following consequences as the sequins on the back rubs against it:
Shredding, piling, runs (yes, like pantyhose) and/or holes!
Link: https://www.shopdisney.com/minnie-mouse-sequined-mini-backpack-by-loungefly-1475155

Good news! They fixed that issue upon re-release, the back is now like the bottom and sequin free :) Good move by Loungefly.

I just got back and I stopped in the Dress Shop while I was there. My husband asked me to try on the Christmas dress and while I love the print, we both agreed that the stole just made the whole thing look weird. I wish they'd do a skirt in that print. I also tried on the pink dog dress and loved it - so cute! I feel like the color and style both suited me so I might purchase it next time there's a sale on-line.

I believe the online sale has been extended one more day! That's what my email says!

Upon further inspection not only is it Sold Out but the back looks the same to me.
View attachment 370524

They just didn’t bother to change the picture. All the ones they have had at Disneyland for the past month have the sequinless back and the newer reviews on ShopDisney show they have been sending out that on too. Attached a oic from a review as the two I bought for Christmas presents are long wrapped and mailed out.

Attachments

• ACAC0CEA-F470-4450-9D8D-FD5063DD4951.jpeg
    ACAC0CEA-F470-4450-9D8D-FD5063DD4951.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 29
They just didn’t bother to change the picture. All the ones they have had at Disneyland for the past month have the sequinless back and the newer reviews on ShopDisney show they have been sending out that on too. Attached a oic from a review as the two I bought for Christmas presents are long wrapped and mailed out.

:thanks: This looks so much nicer! Might just have to do a little magic on mine!

Ok, this is kinda off topic but I wanted to share, as I know you ladies can appreciate a good park outfit! Here are my outfits from the 3 Disney days of my Christmas trip. Not Dress Shop but similar style - full skirt, classic silhouette. I wish I could dress like this every day but it was -10 here today - no skirts for me!

UbhZlMJ.jpg

7A9qNvD.jpg

8GNEd7l.jpg

In case you can't tell, those are the MUPPETS all over my skirt - love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter