The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

First off, excellent review and photos, thank you so very much!!! :love: I think you look amazing in all photos taken. I really appreciate seeing how the waistband looks too. I'm not a big fan of pants, shorts etc going below the natural waistline, so big thank you for that photo!!! I look forward to hearing how everything works out for you at the parks. Again, BIG THANKS!!! :thumbsup2
That was something I really wanted to know about the leggings when I ordered haha, so I figured others might too! :)

Thanks! We’re only going for 3 days.. flying down, hitting MK that day, Epcot day 2 (maybe Typhoon Lagoon for the Glow Party that night), then AK before we fly out the following day. So very possibly we won’t get to do anything other than the parks. But I so want to go and check out the dresses. I could get one online, but I really want to try it on before deciding. Plus the Shop itself would be part of the experience.

We’re going for my daughter’s 21st birthday. I’ve got sparkly tees that say “Birthday Girl “ and “I’m with the Birthday Girl”, as well as tea-length tutus for us to wear on her birthday. So we’ll have something out of the ordinary to wear.

So you're going to Disney Springs in Orlando and not Downtown Disney in California?

So you're going to Disney Springs in Orlando and not Downtown Disney in California?

Sorry, yes Disney Springs (didn’t it used to be Downtown Disney?). But possibly not at all, with our hectic schedule.

Sorry, yes Disney Springs (didn’t it used to be Downtown Disney?). But possibly not at all, with our hectic schedule.

You can also find The Dress Shop dresses and accessories at the Emporium in Magic Kingdom. ::yes::

I posted a couple of pages back about my Disney dresses that I'd had turned into skirts. Well, I just got back from my trip, so here's what they look like! The one I'm wearing in the picture with Mike and Sulley is the Monsters Inc doors pattern, and the one with Mickey and Minnie is the Tiki Room pattern. I had SO many people come up and ask me about them during my trip and I had to admit that I'd taken the beautiful dresses from the Cherry Tree Lane shop and butchered them. But I definitely prefer them this way, so I have no regrets :)

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

I posted a couple of pages back about my Disney dresses that I'd had turned into skirts. Well, I just got back from my trip, so here's what they look like! The one I'm wearing in the picture with Mike and Sulley is the Monsters Inc doors pattern, and the one with Mickey and Minnie is the Tiki Room pattern. I had SO many people come up and ask me about them during my trip and I had to admit that I'd taken the beautiful dresses from the Cherry Tree Lane shop and butchered them. But I definitely prefer them this way, so I have no regrets :)

WOW!! They came out great. You look amazing in them.

View attachment 398800

View attachment 398801

Awesome job! :thumbsup2 You look fabulous!
I'm having issues seeing through my old glasses, do you have set in waistbands? Looks like it, but I just can't see that well.

Awesome job! :thumbsup2 You look fabulous!
I'm having issues seeing through my old glasses, do you have set in waistbands? Looks like it, but I just can't see that well.

We just worked with the waistband that was on the dress, took the zipper out, and put a shorter zip back in. There's no elastic in the waistband - it's just the structure of the dress. :)

Got my snacks dress! I love it!!! Makes me even happier that I got 30% off, not sure I would have bought it otherwise.

I think any people who have issues with fit may be buying a size too big, I feel like these dresses run large. I'm a 14-16 and have been wearing XL in all my clothes since I've put on a little weight. I ordered a large because I saw others saying it ran a little big and feel like it fits perfectly. This dress has the stretchy at the back of the dress (forgive me, not sure what they call it) but it helps make it fit to the body well.

Only issue I have is my bra straps showing a bit. I tried it on without one and it didnt look too bad but decided to wear one today so I will just have to deal with showing straps occasionally.

SmartSelect_20190504-091423_Instagram.jpg

SmartSelect_20190504-091518_Instagram.jpg

Got my snacks dress! I love it!!! Makes me even happier that I got 30% off, not sure I would have bought it otherwise.

I think any people who have issues with fit may be buying a size too big, I feel like these dresses run large. I'm a 14-16 and have been wearing XL in all my clothes since I've put on a little weight. I ordered a large because I saw others saying it ran a little big and feel like it fits perfectly. This dress has the stretchy at the back of the dress (forgive me, not sure what they call it) but it helps make it fit to the body well.

Only issue I have is my bra straps showing a bit. I tried it on without one and it didnt look too bad but decided to wear one today so I will just have to deal with showing straps occasionally.
It looks so cute on you! And that's good to know about sizing - I'm usually a 14 and have the tiki dress and Monsters Inc in XL and I'm going to have to get both altered (waist is ok but the bust is too big). I didn't think I was going to buy the snacks dress but if there's a sale, who knows? I love that it's so bright and fun!

SmartSelect_20190504-091423_Instagram.jpg

SmartSelect_20190504-091518_Instagram.jpg

That looks great! You could sew in some straps for your bra closer to the bodice of the dress to keep them from showing. If you use a snap, it works well. Or you could place it near the shoulder. I loved when dresses used to have these.

That looks great! You could sew in some straps for your bra closer to the bodice of the dress to keep them from showing. If you use a snap, it works well. Or you could place it near the shoulder. I loved when dresses used to have these.
That's a great idea, thanks!

NEWS - :umbrella:
Some of you may know about these items but I just found out. pixiedust:

Enchanted Tiki Room Rain Coat and Umbrella with Jose perched on the handle.
upload_2019-5-6_13-11-22.png

Mickey Donut Rain Coat and Umbrella
upload_2019-5-6_13-12-27.png
Also no note no price point and these are not available online at this time.

Enchanted Tiki Room Baseball Cap $27.99
upload_2019-5-6_13-18-41.png
Link: https://www.shopdisney.com/enchanted-tiki-room-baseball-cap-1507595

MENS - Mickey Mouse and Friends Silk Shirt for Men by Tommy Bahama $150
upload_2019-5-6_13-29-23.png
Link: https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-and-friends-silk-shirt-for-men-by-tommy-bahama-1499951

Designer Mouse Ears

The limited release Mouse Ears will be designed by notable celebrities, designers and artists - including Disney Imagineer Joe Rohde.

Here is the release schedule so far:
  • HARVEYS – May 24th
  • Betsey Johnson – Summer 2019
  • ALEX AND ANI – Summer 2019
  • Noah Fine Art – Summer 2019
  • Kim Irvine – Summer 2019
  • Her Universe – Summer 2019
  • SHAG – Summer 2019
  • Jerrod Maruyama – Fall 2019
  • Heidi Klum – Fall 2019
  • The Blonds – Fall 2019
  • Loungefly – Fall 2019
  • COACH – Fall 2019
  • Joe Rhode – April 2020
  • Vera Wang – Spring 2020
  • Cupcakes and Cashmere – Spring 2020
  • Kevin Rafferty – Spring 2020
  • Karlie Kloss – Spring 2020
upload_2019-5-13_19-2-15.png
The designer Ears will be available at Ever After Jewelry Co. & Accessories, MouseGear, Uptown Jewelers, Once Upon a Time and Discovery Trading Company and online at shopDisney.com/Disney-Parks-Designer-Collection.

More to this story, go here!
Link: https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...mited-release-designer-collection-mouse-ears/

Sneak Peek!
COACH
upload_2019-5-13_19-2-51.png

Heidi Klum's design!
upload_2019-5-13_19-3-43.png

MUST. HAVE. THIS!
upload_2019-5-13_20-23-14.png :goodvibes

Last edited:
Disney Dooney's on Sale at ShopDisney!

Here are just a few:

Disney Dogs Satchel by Dooney & Bourke $298.00, Now $223.50
upload_2019-5-13_19-30-55.png
Link: https://www.shopdisney.com/disney-dogs-satchel-by-dooney-and-bourke-1491076?pagePath=/brands/dooney-and-bourke&pageType=categoryPage&algorithm=filter:false,sort:D-gross_margin&position=5,46

Mickey Mouse Leather Bucket Tote by Dooney & Bourke - Walt Disney World $398.00, Now $298.50
Read Reviews!
upload_2019-5-13_19-31-6.png
Link: https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-leather-bucket-tote-by-dooney-and-bourke-walt-disney-world-1482706?pagePath=/brands/dooney-and-bourke&pageType=categoryPage&algorithm=filter:false,sort:D-gross_margin&position=18,46

Mickey Mouse Leather Wristlet by Dooney & Bourke - Walt Disney World $108.00, Now $81.00
upload_2019-5-13_19-32-59.png
Link: https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-leather-wristlet-by-dooney-and-bourke-walt-disney-world-1482700?pagePath=/brands/dooney-and-bourke&pageType=categoryPage&algorithm=filter:false,sort:D-gross_margin&position=19,46

Disney Vacation Club Shopper by Dooney & Bourke $268.00, Now $107.20
upload_2019-5-13_19-37-42.png
Link: https://www.shopdisney.com/disney-vacation-club-shopper-by-dooney-and-bourke-1399890?pagePath=/brands/dooney-and-bourke&pageType=categoryPage&algorithm=filter:false,sort:D-gross_margin&position=23,46

The Haunted Mansion Collection
Crossbody Bag
$198.00, Now $158.40 / Hobo Bag $248.00, Now $198.40 / Tote $298.00, Now $238.40
upload_2019-5-13_19-43-3.png

I believe everything else on sale is SOLD OUT!
Link to all Dooney & Bourke: https://www.shopdisney.com/brands/dooney-and-bourke

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter