The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

Sorry the fit is so off - good thing you are a skilled seamstress! Are you wearing a crinoline in these photos? I’m impressed with the amount of pouff in the skirt! Thanks for sharing your photos - this will look amazing once it’s altered to fit!

I'm okay with it being big. I knew that it would be because it's a medium but I didn't think it would be this big. Yes, I'm wearing Disney's crinoline. Thank you, cannot wait to get this fixed!

Ugh. That is so disappointing. You are very fortunate that you have the skills to fix it. I can barely sew on a button that falls off.
I have no doubt it will be gorgeous when you are done.

Have you been able to make anything cool with the extra fabric from the 3x size dresses? I would love to see what you have made if you have.
Thank you, my mom taught me how to sew when I was young, I'm blessed we were able to work closely and share something that was a big part of who she was.

No, unfortunately I haven't had the time to work on the PLUS3X sizes. They include:
Snow White Apple / Trader Sam's (I know, I couldn't resist! Bought hubby & son the matching shirt and I have the Zombie Head Purse)

Resistance is futile! Ha! I'm a Trekkie!!!

Thank you, my mom taught me how to sew when I was young, I'm blessed we were able to work closely and share something that was a big part of who she was.

No, unfortunately I haven't had the time to work on the PLUS3X sizes. They include:
Snow White Apple / Trader Sam's (I know, I couldn't resist! Bought hubby & son the matching shirt and I have the Zombie Head Purse)
View attachment 408231

View attachment 408232

View attachment 408231

View attachment 408232
So the next time my boyfriend gives me grief for buying yet another Disney dress, I will be showing him your post😂. In my defense, I wait them to go on clearance or at least one of the 30% off sales and use gift cards I buy at a discount. The only dress I paid close to full price for was the black & white 90th birthday one. I really loved it and didn't want to chance it selling out. ( I may have bought matching Dooney and Bourke magic band too)
I am truly jealous of your skills and look foward to seeing when it’s fixed.

In my defense, I wait them to go on clearance or at least one of the 30% off sales and use gift cards I buy at a discount. The only dress I paid close to full price for was the black & white 90th birthday one. I really loved it and didn't want to chance it selling out. ( I may have bought matching Dooney and Bourke magic band too)
I am truly jealous of your skills and look foward to seeing when it’s fixed.

I use the same strategy! My exception was this dress. No Dooney magicbands or purses and the Zombie bag was recently gifted ;)

I use the same strategy! My exception was this dress. No Dooney magicbands or purses and the Zombie bag was recently gifted ;)
I usually don’t get into the name brand stuff either. That is the only expensive magic band I have bought (I just couldn’t resist) and I also splurged on the Dooney sketch backpack. It was crazy expensive in my opinion but kind of worth it

Have any of you been to the store lately, and if so did they have plenty of dresses? I will be there on Thursday and would love either the Up dress or Trader Sam’s dress. I know they have my size in Up online but would like to use my AP discount. Consolation prize would be to order the clearance Dole Whip dress online while there (if still available) if can’t find Up or TS in stock.

Have any of you been to the store lately, and if so did they have plenty of dresses? I will be there on Thursday and would love either the Up dress or Trader Sam’s dress. I know they have my size in Up online but would like to use my AP discount. Consolation prize would be to order the clearance Dole Whip dress online while there (if still available) if can’t find Up or TS in stock.
You can use your ap discount if you purchase from the my Disney experience app but you wouldn’t get it by Thursday obviously.

I have the Magic Kingdom dress and while I love it, I have an issue with the halter. Mostly, I hate strapless bras. They never fit me properly (38DD) and they make the dress look weird. I’m thinking of sewing the ribbons to make straps. I have moderate sewing skills and when holding the straps in place it looks like it will work but I’m terrified of ruining the dress. Has anyone successfully done this?

I have the Magic Kingdom dress and while I love it, I have an issue with the halter. Mostly, I hate strapless bras. They never fit me properly (38DD) and they make the dress look weird. I’m thinking of sewing the ribbons to make straps. I have moderate sewing skills and when holding the straps in place it looks like it will work but I’m terrified of ruining the dress. Has anyone successfully done this?

Yes @sherlockmiles and it came out great. She posted photos (waaay back). If your very nervous find a seamstress, an alteration like that should not cost very much. Check your yellow pages under "alternation" or "Sewing". Good luck and post a photo!

Yep - I did. Hate halters, and strapless bras.
I changed my Tower of Terror to have straps. took the halter straps and brought them up and over. The only thing I'll mention is that its important that you bring the straps over your shoulders on the angle they are sewn, or you'll have a little buldge in the front of the strap.

I just got the white fantasyland dress in. Why oh why does Disney vary so much in their sizing.
The dress is VERY poofy which I actually like and the boob area fits pretty good but the waist area is much huge.
It’s hard to describe but because the waist area doesn’t taper in and the bottom part is so poofy it makes me look like I go from boobs to poof.

There is little to no chance I would be able to fit into the xs so I’m not sure what to do.

I tried to post pictures they keep coming up sideways I’ll try again in a few minutes from another device

Below is With me pinching back the extra fabric and looks how would want it to

Last edited:
I just got the white fantasyland dress in. Why oh why does Disney vary so much in their sizing.
The dress is VERY poofy which I actually like and the boob area fits pretty good but the waist area is much huge.
It’s hard to describe but because the waist area doesn’t taper in and the bottom part is so poofy it makes me look like I go from boobs to poof.

There is little to no chance I would be able to fit into the xs so I’m not sure what to do.

I'm so sorry for your troubles, I know how much you were looking forward to this piece of magic. :hug:

I'm currently working on two costumes for MNSSHP and both have princess seams just like your dress. Based off the photos it appears you picked the correct size for your chest unfortunately from there the Underbust/Midriff will need to be taken in as well as the skirt. Purchasing an XSmall is not the answer, the chest will be too tight causing ripples and adding stress to the fabric which could tear, warp and take years off the dress.

Options:
1. Return and let it go
2. Alterations
a. Keep it a one piece $$
b. Make it a two piece $$$

I would at least set up an appointment with a seamstress to find out how much it would cost before returning it. Unfortunately they cannot tell you this over the phone.

Last edited:
If you were to sew it from the back only you'll have very noticeable ripples as seen in the red circles. Honestly I wouldn't do it.

It's not just you grabbing the fabric but if sewn from the back zipper seam it would cause the front princess seams, side seams and back princess seams to go at an angle resulting in ripples.

All in all @Traveling on cc points , I think you would look absolutely amazing if you had it altered.

I'm so sorry for your troubles, I know how much you were looking forward to this piece of magic. :hug:

I'm currently working on two costumes for MNSSHP and both have princess seams just like your dress. Based off the photos it appears you picked the correct size for your chest unfortunately from there the Underbust/Midriff will need to taken in as well as the skirt. Purchasing an XSmall is not the answer, the chest will be too tight causing ripples and adding stress to the fabric which could tear, warp and take years off the fabric.

Options:
1. Return and let it go
2. Alterations
a. Keep it a one piece $$
b. Make it a two piece $$$

I would at least set up an appointment with a seamstress to find out how much it would cost before returning it. Unfortunately they cannot tell you this over the phone.
Ooh.. a skit would be gorgeous, I never thought of that. I appreciate your suggestions. Pardon my sewing ignorance But are the princess seems the ones on the sides? I did look to see if I could tell how easy of difficult it would be to take a little off each side of the waist part, as some who has no idea about this stuff it doesn’t look too hard.

Famous last words right 😊

I think I will get a price on altering it a bit and see what they say. I used a place last year to hem my daughters prom dress and if I remember correctly it was fairly reasonable. Thank for all your help. Yo are very sweet.

If you were to sew it from the back only you'll have very noticeable ripples as seen in the red circles. Honestly I wouldn't do it.
View attachment 408852

View attachment 408854

It's not just you grabbing the fabric but if sewn from the back zipper seam it would cause the front princess seams, side seams and back princess seams to go at an angle resulting in ripples.

All in all @Traveling on cc points , I think you would look absolutely amazing if you had it altered.
Haha. I know it wouldn’t be altered from the back, it was just the best way for me to make it smaller with 1 hand and still be able to take the picture.
My thought and I could be totally wrong would be to cut both of the sides and take a little off each so the castle is still centered.

Last edited:
Limited-Edition Merchandise Coming to the 2019 D23 Expo
The Camp Collection

Multiple stores including The Dream Store, Mickey’s of Glendale, and the Disney Store, ShopDisney will be selling this brand-new merchandise.

Tahitian Terrace dress ($89.95) and shirt ($$59.95)

The Adventureland Camp shirt ($59.95)

Haunted Mansion Camp dress ($89.95) matching bow tie ($12.95) and Ears ($27.95)

UPDATED!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts