The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

When we were there over Easter, the dresses were very picked over. Not all sizes or even styles were available. Looks like business is good.
What was there, was very cute. Hope they come out with more.

Does anyone have a direct phone number to the shop so I can call and see about a med tiki dress

I'm not sure if this is meant for Belle as the photo had no other information, maybe someone else can chime in but this is all I could find.

View attachment 235239

This isn't a Belle dress at all but because of the roses on it, it's kind of associated with Alice in Wonderland. This dress style is called the Renee and comes in several patterns. It is actually a dress from www.pinupgirlclothing.com. It's been sold on that site for a while before this became a part of the Cherry Tree Lane dress lineup. Some of these dresses for sale at the shop are Pinup Girl dresses that have been on their site for some time and have been renamed to fit the Disney theme.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a direct phone number to the shop so I can call and see about a med tiki dress

Go to www.pinupgirlclothing.com and search Vera Dress in Mint Tiki Print. It's the same print of the dress you like. The style might be different but take a gander at it because you might like it.

EDIT: This dress has the print that is called the Pocahontas.

Last edited:

I know I've been referring people to Pinup Girl Clothing a lot and just want everyone to know that I don't own the company or work there. It's been one of my favorite vintage clothing reproduction sites for the past two years. I got really excited to see some of the same dresses I've been seeing on the site for months released under different names at this Disney shop. I just wanted everyone to know that if these dresses run out, they can still be purchased from their original retailer. There's a physical store in Burbank for all you fortunate ladies who live in California.

Just saw this thread and I noticed some people asking about the fit and what the cloth was made of. Since I bought the Tiki dress, I thought I might be able to help out with that.
IMG_3629.JPG
It's 97% cotton 3% spandex this gives the dress some give. I found that the dresses run a little big. I would have bought a large, but they were out.
IMG_3634.JPG
IMG_3632.JPG
I'm no seemstress but here's the underside that someone was asking about.

IMG_3633.JPG
To me the dress seems well made except for these flowers. I'm not sure why they included then.
IMG_3630.JPG
Here's a close up of the print.

If you have any requests or questions I'll do my best to try answer them. Good luck to those still looking for one.

Just saw this thread and I noticed some people asking about the fit and what the cloth was made of. Since I bought the Tiki dress, I thought I might be able to help out with that.
View attachment 235331
It's 97% cotton 3% spandex this gives the dress some give. I found that the dresses run a little big. I would have bought a large, but they were out.
View attachment 235330
View attachment 235328

View attachment 235329
To me the dress seems well made except for these flowers. I'm not sure why they included then.
View attachment 235332

If you have any requests or questions I'll do my best to try answer them. Good luck to those still looking for one.

Thanks for showing this dress. I think the Tiki one I was referring to might be the one that is called the Pocahontas dress or something like that. I need to look at it again. Pinup Girl Clothing doesn't sell this dress but usually size Large fits a 30 inch waist. Medium fits a 28-30 inch waist and Small 26-27 inch waist. Extra small fits a 24-25 inch waist.

The Dumbo dress, Mary Blair Pink Umbrellas Skirt, blue/white castle skirt, white peasant top, and green Wicked Queen dress are all from Pinup Girl Clothing.

Last edited:

View attachment 235331
View attachment 235330
View attachment 235328

View attachment 235329
View attachment 235332

Thank you so much for this great review. Your fit info has helped me determine which size I will most likely need. :)

View attachment 235331
View attachment 235330
View attachment 235328

View attachment 235329
View attachment 235332

Thank you so much for this! The dress looks very well made and the pattern and color look amazing! Where did you purchase it from MK Emporium or DS?

Thank you so much for this! The dress looks very well made and the pattern and color look amazing! Where did you purchase it from MK Emporium or DS?
It's actually from Vault 28 in Disneyland. I went down around noon the first day they came out and they were already out of mediums and larges in this dress. Plenty of the other styles though.

I'm local-ish and I went by The Dress Shop at the Springs again last night and they looked to be pretty cleaned out of dresses/sizes. They only had 1X and up in the HM and ToT dresses, didn't even see the Small World or Tiki dresses. As has been mentioned, I talked to the staff and they have no idea when they'll be re-stocking. Only that they've been selling out like crazy

well was at the "dress shop" yesterday and the name might as well been changed back :( Only dresses left were HM sizes 2XL and 3XL, one ToT dress 3XL and Minnie 1XL, 2XL, 3XL
It was sad to see most mannequins bare, just displaying purses. I asked the Cm and she said she didn't know when they will be restocking
Figures that when I am not there to get something they actually have my size range in stock!

We stopped by last night. Only dresses were the ToT, HM and Minnie. They looked like larger sizes. Saw only 1 Cinderella Castle skirt.

We stopped by the dress shop as well on May 6. Very disappointed. I asked if all the stock was out, and the CM said yes. I asked if new stock was coming in, and he only shrugged. If you're really interested, go to Pin-up Girl Clothing (google it), and the Mary Blair collection is there along with other prints I saw on the 3 rolling racks they had out. The Disney ones, i.e. Tower of Terror and Haunted Mansion, are not there, but some of the other prints are.

Just an update for anyone interested, i was at the shop this weekend (5/20) and while they were still out of most of the prints, they did have in Minnie Mouse, Tower of Terror and Haunted Mansion in a variety of sizes. The rest of the store was still Mary Blair and what not from Pinup girl clothing on those rolling racks that pklein mentioned. Those cost more than most of the Disney ones but they're super well made and the fabric is really heavy good stuff. They had a black one with cherry print on it that was particularly adorable.

Just an update for anyone interested, i was at the shop this weekend (5/20) and while they were still out of most of the prints, they did have in Minnie Mouse, Tower of Terror and Haunted Mansion in a variety of sizes. The rest of the store was still Mary Blair and what not from Pinup girl clothing on those rolling racks that pklein mentioned. Those cost more than most of the Disney ones but they're super well made and the fabric is really heavy good stuff. They had a black one with cherry print on it that was particularly adorable.
Thanks! Good to know....I hope they have what we're looking for when we go!

Hey guys, just wanted to share my experiences. I went to the shop the day it opened. Couldn't get there until 6 pm due to work and traffic. By that point they were all out of my first choice, the Tiki Room dress, except for plus sizes, but they still had my second choice, Orange Bird, so I got that for myself in medium and a small for my friend. I did receive an AP discount of 20% off both of them. I would love the Tiki dress still but since they have no number to call and can't hold dresses anyway, it may not be in the cards for me.

I didn't go back until early May. At that point they only had Minnie, HM, and ToT left, with some generic pinup dresses to flesh out their stock. My sister wanted the Minnie but they only had plus sizes. We actually went again the next day and they had even less stock.

And finally I went again on Friday. At this point it's pretty much back to just being Cherry Tree Lane. I believe they just had ToT and HM left, and they had restocked a few of the Belle dresses, but most of the spots that on opening day were filled with dresses are now pretty much all Dooney & Bourke purses.

I'm holding out hope that The Dress Shop will not end up being just a pop-up in retrospect but over the past month and a half it's definitely looked that way from my own experiences.

Here's a pic of me wearing Orange Bird. It's insanely comfortable and well made. Dry clean only, so I'm a little nervous about that. I love that it has adjustable straps since I always have problems with straps falling off me. I wore it all day and had no problems. As I said I bought a medium, and I am also about 5'1''.

t892z4.jpg

Hey guys, just wanted to share my experiences. I went to the shop the day it opened. Couldn't get there until 6 pm due to work and traffic. By that point they were all out of my first choice, the Tiki Room dress, except for plus sizes, but they still had my second choice, Orange Bird, so I got that for myself in medium and a small for my friend. I did receive an AP discount of 20% off both of them. I would love the Tiki dress still but since they have no number to call and can't hold dresses anyway, it may not be in the cards for me.

I didn't go back until early May. At that point they only had Minnie, HM, and ToT left, with some generic pinup dresses to flesh out their stock. My sister wanted the Minnie but they only had plus sizes. We actually went again the next day and they had even less stock.

And finally I went again on Friday. At this point it's pretty much back to just being Cherry Tree Lane. I believe they just had ToT and HM left, and they had restocked a few of the Belle dresses, but most of the spots that on opening day were filled with dresses are now pretty much all Dooney & Bourke purses.

I'm holding out hope that The Dress Shop will not end up being just a pop-up in retrospect but over the past month and a half it's definitely looked that way from my own experiences.

Here's a pic of me wearing Orange Bird. It's insanely comfortable and well made. Dry clean only, so I'm a little nervous about that. I love that it has adjustable straps since I always have problems with straps falling off me. I wore it all day and had no problems. As I said I bought a medium, and I am also about 5'1''.

t892z4.jpg
The dress looks super cute! Love it!

@Verstehen you look AWESOME!!! I love that print too! Thank you so much for the info. Sadly we won't be there until the last week of Oct. so I doubt this spring line will be available.:sad1: I see you updated your avatar - too cute!

Would love to see photos of someone wearing the tiki dress, especially size 2x or 3x. Just can't picture how this would fit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter