The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

What do your masks look like?
5202BE17-9B3D-45F9-94E5-A565CD6C3302.jpeg56E39561-DE82-4229-80B6-55BB02998037.jpegE4659955-4ED8-4E9E-AE0A-9181953B432A.jpeg

This is latest pattern. I used a different one for my first batch, but these seem to be more popular.
I’m not selling mine, just giving them away to anyone that needs one. It’s not a professional job, and it’s giving me practice. Plus, after watching the news, I don’t think I could take money for them after seeing all the people lined up at food banks.

Attachments

• 430FD208-C985-4809-8C02-F16EAD77D454.jpeg
    430FD208-C985-4809-8C02-F16EAD77D454.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 4
View attachment 491790View attachment 491791View attachment 491792

This is latest pattern. I used a different one for my first batch, but these seem to be more popular.
I’m not selling mine, just giving them away to anyone that needs one. It’s not a professional job, and it’s giving me practice. Plus, after watching the news, I don’t think I could take money for them after seeing all the people lined up at food banks.

Totally adorable! And I love the design.

We're not selling either, just giving to Beaumont. Luckily my husbands employer is flipping the bill for all my supplies, can't say the same for the other ladies in my group.

We're not selling either, just giving to Beaumont. Luckily my husbands employer is flipping the bill for all my supplies, can't say the same for the other ladies in my group.
I’ve had people offer to buy my supplies, but I’m too scared of screwing something up that I’d rather just buy it myself...if that makes sense? I’m one of these people that screws up several before I get it down pat.

I buy bolts of muslin before buying my main fabric when making most things like costumes, dresses and pants. I also like making my own patterns.

When I sew professionally, I choose the fabric because I guarantee my work. No exceptions.

At our group, Linda was the liaison with the hospital, together they decided what was needed. From there she made the pattern and sent it to us. It also included specific fabric to use so we were all on the same page. Premium Quilters Cotton, any design.

Speaking of face masks, new from ShopDisney

Several to choose from and they come in a FOUR pack!

Make sure you order the correct size!

EDIT to add fabric content - which is VERY important!
Materials:
  • Front: polyester
  • Middle and Back: cotton
  • Binding: cotton/elastane

Last edited:

Finally! An intelligent and very helpful review for the Fantasia dress on ShopDisney !!!

:worship::worship::worship::worship: AmyJLB :love::love::love::love:

★★★★★5 out of 5 stars. AmyJLB · 17 days ago
Beautiful dress with flattering lines!
I just received this dress and it’s a beauty. I was in between sizes, so I sized up to a Medium, the fit is perfect (maybe 1 inch too large in the hips). FYI, I am 5’6” barefoot and my measurements are 36” bust x 29.5” waist x 38” hips, with 5” bust to waist and 9” waist to hip. I probably could have gone with a Small, but I prefer a slightly loose fit. The fabric has a lot of stretch. I hope Disney makes more dresses in this flattering cut. My husband said this dress looked gorgeous on me.

Finally! An intelligent and very helpful review for the Fantasia dress on ShopDisney !!!

View attachment 492561

I just received this dress and it’s a beauty. I was in between sizes, so I sized up to a Medium, the fit is perfect (maybe 1 inch too large in the hips). FYI, I am 5’6” barefoot and my measurements are 36” bust x 29.5” waist x 38” hips, with 5” bust to waist and 9” waist to hip. I probably could have gone with a Small, but I prefer a slightly loose fit. The fabric has a lot of stretch. I hope Disney makes more dresses in this flattering cut. My husband said this dress looked gorgeous on me.
I ordered the Fantasia dress last week but it hasn’t even shipped yet.
I was trying to order the new Darth Vader dress that came out today, but their site keeps crashing every time I try to log in to check out....was unsuccessful with the Star Wars key this morning for same exact reason.

View attachment 492561

That is gorgeous!

So I have a question.

Are these dresses worth the money? What I mean is does the quality match to the price point or is it severely inflated because its Disney?

I understand what is "worth" it will vary just trying to gather feedback. As an example I find Disney t-shirts to be of pretty good quality.

That is gorgeous!

I love it! I was so happy to see such a great review too. Super tired of the stupid nonsense most females leave "Oh, it fits like a glove!" I bought two sizes but I'm returning the other." And my favorite of all time "It's a winner."
Wish we could say the same about your vocabulary. My, aren't you articulate.

So I have a question.

Are these dresses worth the money? What I mean is does the quality match to the price point or is it severely inflated because its Disney?

I understand what is "worth" it will vary just trying to gather feedback. As an example I find Disney t-shirts to be of pretty good quality.
So far, the ones I’ve gotten have been good quality with the exception of the Star Wars Darth Vader dress. I bought it used because I noticed a lot of the buttons missing when I looked at them while in Disney, and I read complaints online so there was no way I was buying it new.
The really expensive ones (White Castle dress, Cinderella dress) I’ve waited and bought off of eBay or Mercari at a deeply discounted price.
With that being said, most of mine have come straight from Disney and have held up very well. Just be sure to check care instructions on the tag.

So I have a question.

I am a big time penny pincher so I buy them when on sale 25%-30% off or when they go on clearance. I find the fabric to be quite substantial, great quality and for me living in a cooler climate they are perfect for summer. I don't think I could stand wearing it in Florida's high heat and humidity though.

So I have a question.

The two that I own are very well made, good quality fabric.

I love it! I was so happy to see such a great review too. Super tired of the stupid nonsense most females leave "Oh, it fits like a glove!" I bought two sizes but I'm returning the other." And my favorite of all time "It's a winner."
Wish we could say the same about your vocabulary. My, aren't you articulate.
I have admired the dresses, but never tried one. I just found the thread - so of course, now I am seriously considering one. I need something to get me through my Disney withdrawals, right? lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!