The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

DID YOU GUYS SEE THE FROZEN DOONEY BAGS?! I'll be keeping an ear out to see if they sell out today, because I land in Orlando at 6:30pm and I am VERY TEMPTED to go straight to DS and see if I can grab one.

I’m so bummed!! The dress I ordered on Back Friday (Mickey and Minnie Mouse Floral) just arrived and it doesn’t fit! 😭😭😭 The waist and hips are perfect, but the bust is just enormous on me (not a typical problem in my life). I was so looking forward to dressing up for my dessert party on the last night of my upcoming trip to WDW, but I’m at a loss for what to do. I’m open to suggestions, this is my first ever Disney dress, so I don’t know if I’m going to have the same problem with all of them, or if the stretchy sides will let me move down to a size fitting my bust better, or what 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I’m so bummed!! The dress I ordered on Back Friday (Mickey and Minnie Mouse Floral) just arrived and it doesn’t fit! 😭😭😭 The waist and hips are perfect, but the bust is just enormous on me (not a typical problem in my life). I was so looking forward to dressing up for my dessert party on the last night of my upcoming trip to WDW, but I’m at a loss for what to do. I’m open to suggestions, this is my first ever Disney dress, so I don’t know if I’m going to have the same problem with all of them, or if the stretchy sides will let me move down to a size fitting my bust better, or what 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

If the waist fits do NOT buy a smaller size. There's nothing more aggravating than wearing tight fitting clothes no matter where the tightness is! You do have options:
  • If you have time, get to a seamstress asap. They can take in the fullness based on your measurements. Be sure to bring the bra with you! I would also ask them to add a non stretch panel of white fabric to cover the elasticized insert to prevent the dress from stretching and opening up. They would have to add the white fabric on the inside of the dress.
  • Let it go and return the dress and while at Disney try on a few other dresses to see how they fit. Unfortunately the newer dresses seem to run larger in the chest. The older dresses do run true to size, like the Tiki dress.

Last edited:
If the waist fits do NOT buy a smaller size. There's nothing more aggravating than wearing tight fitting clothes no matter where the tightness is! You do have options:
  • If you have time, get to a seamstress asap. They can take in the fullness based on your measurements. Be sure to bring the bra with you! I would also ask them to add a non stretch panel of white fabric to cover the elasticized insert to prevent the dress from stretching and opening up. They would have to add the white fabric on the inside of the dress.
View attachment 457209
  • Let it go and return the dress and while at Disney try on a few other dresses to see how they fit. Unfortunately the newer dresses seem to run larger in the chest. The older dresses do run true to size, like the Tiki dress.
Thank you for answering so fast! I don’t leave until January 23, so I’ve got plenty of time to get it altered. This is the dress I really really like, so I think I’d rather do that than get a different one.

Thank you for answering so fast! I don’t leave until January 23, so I’ve got plenty of time to get it altered. This is the dress I really really like, so I think I’d rather do that than get a different one.

I would still get it in asap. Some seamstresses/tailors do have a waiting list or are based on first come, first served. Also, most cannot give you a price over the phone. They need to see the dress, how much work is required and take your measurements to give you a quote. I would get a few. Get it in writing and a guaranteed time frame for pick up. :hug:

I loved the Mickey and Minnie floral dress when I saw photos on-line but when I tried it on during my September trip, it just didn't fit me right. If you truly love the dress, I'd go with Fox's suggestion of having it altered professionally.

NEWS - Disney Springs

No ladies, we're not crazy!

When we made our way into the Marketplace Co-Op, we noticed that the WonderGround Gallery and the Disney Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane have flipped locations. It isn’t a huge change, but if you’re heading over for the latest dress or piece of artwork, just be aware they’ve traded places. ;)

NEWS - Disney Springs

No ladies, we're not crazy!

View attachment 457358
When we made our way into the Marketplace Co-Op, we noticed that the WonderGround Gallery and the Disney Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane have flipped locations. It isn’t a huge change, but if you’re heading over for the latest dress or piece of artwork, just be aware they’ve traded places. ;)
They just keep expanding wonderground (it Originally was where the Disney tales stuff is/has been sold before Tag left... I wonder if the smaller location is do to phasing out the dresses or if it’s just due to them being sold in more locations

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!