The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

I bought the Parks Life dress and did convert the halter to shoulder straps. I really love this dress more than I thought I would. Also included a few other dresses I got in recently. The white sketch Marie dress came from Her Universe.
You look beautiful AnneK. The dresses are pretty and flattering.

Could maybe somebody help me with the size of the Ink and Paint Dress and the Pixar Halter Dress? I have both Orange Bird dresses (white and blue), the Dole Whip, Dumbo and the Dog dress - all in L and they fit all perfectly fine. Would this probably also work for the Ink and Paint and the Pixar Halter Dress? Thank you for some insight !!!
I don’t normally wear dresses but I had to get the Ink and Paint for our Spring Break trip(that didn’t happen) This is a 3x and I could maybe of gotten a 2x but I’m not sure. 30A20A6D-ED9B-46A4-A7ED-6C6308360FB7.jpeg

Kinda surprised on the lack of chatter here regarding Inside-Out Halter Top Romper with Removable Skirt

This romper reminds of the pin up girls vintage 40"s - 50's
View attachment 490993

This store carries a few more styles: Unique Vintage

I'm really liking this style!
That red gingham one is super cute! I don't think the style of rompers suits my body but that would look great on someone else. I buy a lot of stuff from Unique Vintage, they have some fabulous clothes in styles that I love. Honestly, I don't like the Inside Out romper at all - the skirt looks cheap and costume-y to me but maybe it looks better in real life? :confused3

That red gingham one is super cute! I don't think the style of rompers suits my body but that would look great on someone else. I buy a lot of stuff from Unique Vintage, they have some fabulous clothes in styles that I love. Honestly, I don't like the Inside Out romper at all - the skirt looks cheap and costume-y to me but maybe it looks better in real life? :confused3

I'm not a fan of the rainbow skirt either. I'd buy the romper if the price was right. Regarding Unique Vintage, are they true to size? All categories. I like what I'm seeing on their site. My mom told me I was born in the wrong era :laughing:

I'm not a fan of the rainbow skirt either. I'd buy the romper if the price was right. Regarding Unique Vintage, are they true to size? All categories. I like what I'm seeing on their site. My mom told me I was born in the wrong era :laughing:
They carry a lot of different brands so make sure you know your measurements and check the size chart for each individual item. As long as you do that, you should be good. I'd also recommend reading the reviews for any items you're interested in, as there may be helpful fit advice there. I found the skirt for one of my favorite Disneybounds there:

I ordered it! I have also been eyeing similar styles on Unique Vintage.

I love the other dresses but usually go to Disney World in August, so this romper is a good compromise.

It should arrive Tuesday. I will share pictures once I get it!

Pictures & stats SUPER PLEASE! I've gained so much weight from my thyroid issue. I have three lumps, tests are negative but since COVID19 I've not been able to see my OBGYN to figure out what needs to be done to fix it. NOTHING FITS ME! :sad: I've been buying a lot of new clothes and posting reviews & photos as I go along which can be seen at Nordstrom here and here. The last one I need to update with photos as a yahoo who claims to be 5' tall finds these pants a "Perfect" fit and I'm 5'2"... well explain this then

2" excess fabric in the crotch area

I'm standing on 5" pots, these pants are so long

Perfect fit, really?! Again no one here or anywhere is judging. We need honest and straight forward reviews. At this juncture I'm probably 130 pounds which is a far cry from what I was two years ago. My heart hurts!

Pictures & stats SUPER PLEASE! I've gained so much weight from my thyroid issue. I have three lumps, tests are negative but since COVID19 I've not been able to see my OBGYN to figure out what needs to be done to fix it. NOTHING FITS ME! :sad: I've been buying a lot of new clothes and posting reviews & photos as I go along which can be seen at Nordstrom here and here. The last one I need to update with photos as a yahoo who claims to be 5' tall finds these pants a "Perfect" fit and I'm 5'2"... well explain this then

2" excess fabric in the crotch area
View attachment 491697

I'm standing on 5" pots, these pants are so long
View attachment 491698

View attachment 491699

Perfect fit, really?! Again no one here or anywhere is judging. We need honest and straight forward reviews. At this juncture I'm probably 130 pounds which is a far cry from what I was two years ago. My heart hurts!
Oh goodness!! I’m sorry. Being sick during this covid stuff is not fun. Have you thought about doing a video chat, if available, with your obgyn?

I had to break down and do a video chat with a GP because I ended up with ear infections in both ears. He was able to diagnose me and get me started on antibiotics. I know your situation is way different, but your dr may be able to hear some of your symptoms and maybe get you started on meds to at least alleviate those?

Oh goodness!! I’m sorry. Being sick during this covid stuff is not fun. Have you thought about doing a video chat, if available, with your obgyn?

I had to break down and do a video chat with a GP because I ended up with ear infections in both ears. He was able to diagnose me and get me started on antibiotics. I know your situation is way different, but your dr may be able to hear some of your symptoms and maybe get you started on meds to at least alleviate those?

I did a video chat with my primary a few days ago for a dry cough and upper chest pain I've had since Dec 3. He prescribed...

I asked him about my thyroid and he said there's nothing he can do about it because I need further testing and everything is closed down here in MI. So I called my OBGYN and she too said I need more tests before she would prescribed anything especially hormone therapy.

If people would wear masks to help stop the spread of COVID19, those areas would open back up instead Beaumont to lay off 2,475, eliminate 450 Michigan jobs due to coronavirus - Link
These jobs are needed to help people with other illnesses, treatments and surgeries. For those choosing not to wear masks thanks for nothing!

Also keep checking for Covid Toes, it's manifesting into the hands and body as well. Age unlimited.

I did a video chat with my primary a few days ago for a dry cough and upper chest pain I've had since Dec 3. He prescribed...
View attachment 491718

I asked him about my thyroid and he said there's nothing he can do about it because I need further testing and everything is closed down here in MI. So I called my OBGYN and she too said I need more tests before she would prescribed anything especially hormone therapy.

If people would wear masks to help stop the spread of COVID19, those areas would open back up instead Beaumont to lay off 2,475, eliminate 450 Michigan jobs due to coronavirus - Link
These jobs are needed to help people with other illnesses, treatments and surgeries. For those choosing not to wear masks thanks for nothing!

Also keep checking for Covid Toes, it's manifesting into the hands and body as well. Age unlimited.
View attachment 491722
Ugh! I’m so sorry.
I live in TN, and no one here seems to have listened to the stay at home orders, and here we are about to open up the state after our biggest spike in cases. It’s very frustrating.

Ugh! I’m so sorry.
I live in TN, and no one here seems to have listened to the stay at home orders, and here we are about to open up the state after our biggest spike in cases. It’s very frustrating.

I would be screaming at the top of my lungs!!!! I sent out several emails to places we frequently shop letting them know we won't be back until they require all customers to wear masks and included a list of stores making it mandatory. I will no longer be picking up my prescriptions at CVS. There's no reason they cannot follow the guidelines. None.

Look at this beautiful little girl, pure sunshine!
5-year-old daughter of Detroit first responders dies after being diagnosed with coronavirus Link
Parents only request - Wear a Face Mask!

I would be screaming at the top of my lungs!!!! I sent out several emails to places we frequently shop letting them know we won't be back until they require all customers to wear masks and included a list of stores making it mandatory. I will no longer be picking up my prescriptions at CVS. There's no reason they cannot follow the guidelines. None.

Look at this beautiful little girl, pure sunshine!
View attachment 491730
5-year-old daughter of Detroit first responders dies after being diagnosed with coronavirus Link
Parents only request - Wear a Face Mask!
Bless her heart! Those poor parents! I really can’t imagine! It’s hard not to be angry at this point.

I just asked my husband about others wearing masks at grocery store....he is our official goer-outer for groceries...he said, for the most part, a lot have worn masks in our small town. I sew a little bit (nothing compared to your talents) so I’ve spent my time up in sewing room making masks for friends, family & our local fast food workers. I’m afraid mine aren’t good enough for healthcare workers, but my daughter is a vet tech and she’s distributed them out at her office.

Bless her heart! Those poor parents! I really can’t imagine! It’s hard not to be angry at this point.

I just asked my husband about others wearing masks at grocery store....he is our official goer-outer for groceries...he said, for the most part, a lot have worn masks in our small town. I sew a little bit (nothing compared to your talents) so I’ve spent my time up in sewing room making masks for friends, family & our local fast food workers. I’m afraid mine aren’t good enough for healthcare workers, but my daughter is a vet tech and she’s distributed them out at her office.

Your a life saver! I work with a small group, we've been making masks for Beaumont hospital. Our masks are fitted and go over the 95 masks and can also be worn over the surgical masks. Three layers of premium quilters cotton with pocket, metal nose guard and ties, no elastic.

JOANN Gift Cards: Buy $50/$75/$100 Gift Cards & Get $5/$10/$15 Bonus Card Free
  • JOANN gift cards don’t go on sale very often, so if you know you’ll be spending money there in the coming weeks and months, this deal could be worth taking advantage of.
  • Expires May 11, 2020. Bonus cards expire July 11, 2020. Link

Your a life saver! I work with a small group, we've been making masks for Beaumont hospital. Our masks are fitted and go over the 95 masks and can also be worn over the surgical masks. Three layers of premium quilters cotton with pocket, metal nose guard and ties, no elastic.
Can you share a pic? I’m curious to see what that would look like.
My daughter preferred the elastic over the ribbons so that is what I’ve been making. Unfortunately, I’ve had to deconstruct some of my old clothes and bleach the elastic to repurpose them for masks.

Pocket

Here's what our pattern looks like, straps are 40" long x 2" wide

The issue the hospital was having with elastic is some crafters were making them too short or too long and no one had time to figure out the sizes. With the straps it made the masks one size fits all and doesn't hurt their ears after prolong wear. These are machine washable.

For the nose, we use pipe cleaners folded in half and sew it in place, otherwise they will move into the straps when washing.

Also fabric must be pre-washed without any scent or fabric softener. Then after construction washed again. Wearing gloves and cap (I use a shower cap) they have to be individually wrapped in clear bags.

What made me angry is Joann cancelled my fabric and bags even though they had them in stock. I ordered the fabric three times: 2yrds, 3 yrds and it finally went through at 4 yards. The bags were considered non essential but I was able to order them from Target. Go figure!

View attachment 491777

Pocket
View attachment 491778

Here's what our pattern looks like, straps are 40" long x 2" wide
View attachment 491780

The issue the hospital was having with elastic is some crafters were making them too short or too long and no one had time to figure out the sizes. With the straps it made the masks one size fits all and doesn't hurt their ears after prolong wear. These are machine washable.

For the nose, we use pipe cleaners folded in half and sew it in place, otherwise they will move into the straps when washing.

Also fabric must be pre-washed without any scent or fabric softener. Then after construction washed again. Wearing gloves and cap (I use a shower cap) they have to be individually wrapped in clear bags.
View attachment 491786

What made me angry is Joann cancelled my fabric and bags even though they had them in stock. I ordered the fabric three times: 2yrds, 3 yrds and it finally went through at 4 yards. The bags were considered non essential but I was able to order them from Target. Go figure!
Wow!!! Those are nice!
So far, knock on wood, JoAnn’s has been great for me. My husband picked up two different curbside orders and I’m expecting a delivery of more material today that they didn’t have in stock at our local store.
I am having issues getting the elastic I ordered thru Walmart. Order was placed on April 15 and due to be delivered today, but still stuck in pre-shipment thru USPS.

Wow!!! Those are nice!
So far, knock on wood, JoAnn’s has been great for me. My husband picked up two different curbside orders and I’m expecting a delivery of more material today that they didn’t have in stock at our local store.
I am having issues getting the elastic I ordered thru Walmart. Order was placed on April 15 and due to be delivered today, but still stuck in pre-shipment thru USPS.

What do your masks look like?

People in our neighborhood are selling them for $5 each and will drop off at your front door. I'm not sure how payment is done maybe paypal?

My neighbor said I should do that too but I'm only interested in working for the hospital. We need them to stay safe!

Oh, and each hospital is different with their requirements.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!