The Drink Package - Tips and tricks?

We went on our first Royal cruise on Symphony of the Seas last month and we got the drink package. We loved the drink package. It was nice not to have to worry about paying for each drink. And it allowed us to try new drinks knowing that if we didn't like them, we could just get something else.

We booked another Royal Cruise for November and are getting the drink package again.

Also, we go refreshment package for our 14 year old son which he loved. He was able to try coffee and lattes.

Is it also true that my wife (we are a room of 2 people) would have to purchase some drink package of some kind if I get the deluxe drink package?

Some people have had no battle not paying for all alcohol but ours was a 3 month battle to not buy our adult son who is disabled the deluxe drink package. They did say they were requiring the non-drinking person to purchase the "refreshment" package which was still too much for him but they gave us no choice if we wanted the deluxe. I've heard others say they had to also get the refreshment package. Luckily we got all on a good sale. NOTE: They required a notarized letter from his doctor. :rolleyes:

The only reason we returned to RCCL and booked with them was that he's never had to buy before unlike other cruise lines. They changed the rule long after we booked but before we sailed and they automatically added deluxe to his name.

Well then I won't buy yet and see if I can get something like that!
Yes, it was a good deal- free Voom! I snagged that for my kids when i also got the $18 deluxe “oopsie”, but I don’t think that was an accident. I’m hoping to get the other refreshments package for my daughter, who prefers juice and mocktails to soda, but $28 per day and no Voom is not happening! I’m not sure if that ever drops much though, and I have probably maxed out my drink package luck by now lol!

We grabbed the deluxe around 4th of July for 35% off... $200 a piece for a 4 night on Mariner

I have a question if you all don't mind- I've been reading through this forum to get info cause I'm thinking of booking a cruise for the first time in 20 years and I've seen people mention this cup you get to use with the freestyle machines if you purchase the pop drink package. My question is do you have to carry this cup around with you all the time then? If you buy the package do they not have disposable cups for fountain drinks?

Royal has tried to reduce as much disposable cup waste as possible, so the only disposable cups you'll find are for coffees and teas. In some cases, you might even ask for them.

Now as for the sodas, the freestyle cup is, obviously, for the freestyle machine, and to use those machines for anything but ice you'll need to use the cup.

Ordering from the bar should be as easy as showing your card - no cup necessary.

I almost never brought my cup with me. My room key had a soda card designation so I just showed that to the bartender or server and had no problem getting my soda.
Denise

Is there an option for alcohol drinks but no soda or bottled water? We don't drink either of those ever.

If the 2 adults in the room get the Deluxe package, do the kids have to get some sort of package too? They also don't ever drink soda or bottled water. They would be content with the milk, lemonade, and regular water.

Is there an option for alcohol drinks but no soda or bottled water? We don't drink either of those ever.

If the 2 adults in the room get the Deluxe package, do the kids have to get some sort of package too? They also don't ever drink soda or bottled water. They would be content with the milk, lemonade, and regular water.
No...basically next each package includes the ones below it (soda first, then refreshment adding on fancy coffees, juice and water, then deluxe drink package adds on alchohol). For many, they calculate the cost of alchohol a day forgetting that it also includes the waters, soda, juice and coffeee.

It's only the Deluxe package where every adult must purchase. So your kids do not need any package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter