The Drink Package - Tips and tricks?

Wouldn’t surprise me if that were the case. They want to allow the exceptions, but don’t want to be duped into doing so.

We logged in to our cruise planner to check prices on the drink packages for our 7 night cruise And it was listed at 75ish cdn pp per day. That worked out to roughly 55us pp per day based on today’s exchange rate. When we added it to the cart for wife and I the total came to just under 1300cdn (including tax and tip) for the two of us! I know when it breaks down to how many drinks per day it seems manageable but that just feels crazy to spend 1300 in drinks for a week lol.

Interesting question. I don't know but I heard about a 10 drinks card being available on the first day of longer sailings?

I have been on 7, 11, and 14 night sailings and the drink card has never been available on the first day that I have seen. Some times, depending on the sailing, they are not available at all.

I heard that when you say that X doesn't drink to buy a solo alcohol package, X cannot buy alcohol otherwise there will be consequences.

I have not heard of that happening, but who knows. I do know that you can call and get one alcohol and one refreshment package and the person with the refreshment package can buy a drink with no problem. I often travel with my 76 year old mother who can drink, but certainly not enough for the package. I have never had an issue getting me the drink package and her the refreshment package and then her ordering her one Manhattan/Old Fashioned a day.

Bringing on your own wine is certainly a help, in addition, if all you drink is wine, they offer wine packages once on board: 3, 5, or 7 bottle packages of different wines.

Bringing on your own wine is certainly a help, in addition, if all you drink is wine, they offer wine packages once on board: 3, 5, or 7 bottle packages of different wines.
I haven't seen wine packages in a while. Can you (or anyone else) confirm that they're still around? Markup on wine is pretty high on cruise ships - probably 2-3x retail - so any discount would be welcome.

I haven't seen wine packages in a while. Can you (or anyone else) confirm that they're still around? Markup on wine is pretty high on cruise ships - probably 2-3x retail - so any discount would be welcome.

According to Royal Caribbean: Individual ship/sailings MAY offer a wine package, but it is not fleet-wide anymore. I guess they really want to only sell the drink package, but that wine one was always nice! It was last seen in March 2019 on the Anthem, but that was a 12-night cruise so YMMV depending on length.

We were on the Anthem of the Seas in Nov. '18 and the 10 drink card was available on day 2. We were very surprised, but purchased it immediately. I don't remember if we saw it again. It was a nice way for DH and I to have 1 drink each per night.

We logged in to our cruise planner to check prices on the drink packages for our 7 night cruise And it was listed at 75ish cdn pp per day. That worked out to roughly 55us pp per day based on today’s exchange rate. When we added it to the cart for wife and I the total came to just under 1300cdn (including tax and tip) for the two of us! I know when it breaks down to how many drinks per day it seems manageable but that just feels crazy to spend 1300 in drinks for a week lol.

We've got it at 69.16$ CAD per person per day. I don't think it goes any lower than that. :) But we are only doing it because it's a 3 nights cruise (we have a very short excursion in Nassau and we'll be on the ship most of the day + the package works on CocoCay)... I wouldn't do it on a port intensive cruise/long cruise.

We were on the Anthem of the Seas in Nov. '18 and the 10 drink card was available on day 2. We were very surprised, but purchased it immediately. I don't remember if we saw it again. It was a nice way for DH and I to have 1 drink each per night.

That's a card I would buy on a longer cruise.

We have two one week cruises with one day in between. Are the drink cards like a gift card? Can I buy one on the first cruise and if I don’t use it all finish using it on the second cruise?

We have two one week cruises with one day in between. Are the drink cards like a gift card? Can I buy one on the first cruise and if I don’t use it all finish using it on the second cruise?
I don't believe that it is possible but then again I've not tried.

I will point out that the coffee/espresso card CAN be carried out over to another cruise.

We've got it at 69.16$ CAD per person per day. I don't think it goes any lower than that. :) But we are only doing it because it's a 3 nights cruise (we have a very short excursion in Nassau and we'll be on the ship most of the day + the package works on CocoCay)... I wouldn't do it on a port intensive cruise/long cruise.
Oh for sure, there are definitely very valid reasons people would want to buy the package and if it works for them great!!
I love the idea of prepaid packages as then I am more likely to use it vs paying for each drink....do I reaalllllyyyyy need this drink?? haha
We're gonna pass on this upcoming cruise because we will have the kids with us and just don't think we will use it enough. We had drink package ("included" as part of a promotion) on our Alaskan cruise a couple years back and it was great. It was just wife and I. But I kept track of the drinks we had and I think we about broke even. There were days we had a lot and days we had very little. I agree the Port's you will be attending a very relevant in the decision to get a package.
I think for this next cruise the 10drink card may be more our speed.

It will not work that way. The card has your folio number on it and you since it will not be the same folio number for both cruises, it won't work. That would be nice though as I have a card left over from a previous cruise with three drinks left on it!

How will I know if/when the 10 drink card is offered? Do they announce somewhere?

You'll see them promoting the card at the bars if it becomes available. You might also see mention of it after you come back on board the ship if it's a port day.

The first cruise we took my husband and I had the non-alcoholic drink package and really liked it. We got it on sale for $18 a day and really love the ease of using it on board. We decided for the next one to get the Deluxe package because we quickly realized we wanted more wine or booze than we thought, lol! It works for us because I drink a lot of the specialty coffees in the mornings, Husband likes chai lattes and fresh juice, and I liked having a cappuccino or espresso after dinners. We aren't huge soda drinkers but the freestyle cups were nice to have when we needed it. Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Does anyone have a list of the specialty coffees? I don't drink juice (will get enough sugar in the alcoholic drinks + dessert at dinner, etc)...but a list of ideas for coffees would be nice. I assume too they would do things like Bailiey's and coffee? Spanish coffee or Monte Cristo?

Does anyone have a list of the specialty coffees? I don't drink juice (will get enough sugar in the alcoholic drinks + dessert at dinner, etc)...but a list of ideas for coffees would be nice. I assume too they would do things like Bailiey's and coffee? Spanish coffee or Monte Cristo?
To my best recollection on the Rhapsody (and comparing it to more current coffee menus I've seen online on other class ships) the Cafe Promenade or Cafe Lattetudes offer anything your typical coffee bar would. From regular drip coffee to Macchiatos or even chai tea lattes. You can get them iced or frozen as well. I can't remember if they had alcohol at the coffee bars, but you could order an Irish coffee or other boozy hot drinks in the MDR at dinner. They may have them at the full service bars during the day.

To my best recollection on the Rhapsody (and comparing it to more current coffee menus I've seen online on other class ships) the Cafe Promenade or Cafe Lattetudes offer anything your typical coffee bar would. From regular drip coffee to Macchiatos or even chai tea lattes. You can get them iced or frozen as well. I can't remember if they had alcohol at the coffee bars, but you could order an Irish coffee or other boozy hot drinks in the MDR at dinner. They may have them at the full service bars during the day.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter