The End of our Chunky Year of Disney! Dec 2017 TR - NEW 3/21 THE END of our YEAR OF DISNEY

HZhW6G1xAekZIPSJ9LYK6e4QRETdRJ4uHN1bLBu6l2HDShFG_zMt3rM0SoFXEJPhWC4SJOMbmewznX87228s0ahRPY7E5FAOG1bD4zpN9ZBiS12v3hWBhZc2z_2q42rbeE5FCVum7U8v8Lfjexrx7Ub2ySd8ZZ2j4sL8nlHFFlX6IHEMjR-gTC_edwjqGm0Fis6jvVI590FzJO1iQfT1netLQ2QnbsufaZd_VBNv2V5UeQ_Z7MpTJxxoEyo9yvuzLN2_ojg_VMfiJZImxIpKptAvNQEobI4sie3odL8nVEENLF-H21pB1u-oH63nVStZiH2dlFWq54mVWILsJAOZpwbU97uRGeysIc7bK56NLveeIulP-h5KCjvjdTm3la2Yaxb3UTHkA9VaQTcfsir7WieO3gypTgb1z94QSOX4wpl_9yS-HttuM5BfZJdXyuOSfDYmhwGPQojNGqzvF_Tb1q9jGX0R4M7MjhPLkS7g2XSz4cDyZ5wrD-bKMYgKN18B_8MgnrfvGC8h5RNxXUrIBPtZ8aNQShU2JC20n6Vyjc_yKQ8kjAzQLpI3EkjavAp4UUKLkR2tRyEku0eyVXYfKsHvppVNX2gPeS2CyWHk=w956-h637-no

Love this one! Maybe even more than the backdrop ones.

And lo and behold, by some unbeknownst use of the Force, I got the HIGHEST Score I ever got, 243k, even beating Steve's high score!! HAHAHAHAHA. Usually he boasts about his high score but now I can rub it in that I hold the record between the both of us!! #champion

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

All of those look amazing!!! I think I'd eat ANYTHING off that menu.

So cool to see the Rebel and Empire symbols at RnRC. Haha.

Cool overlay!!!

While we were in line, we witnessed a girl, not that young, probably 16 or 17, who was in the front row having a breakdown. She was crying and making a scene but she wouldn't get out of the car. We're not sure why. But she was just sitting there crying while everyone around her was encouraging her to either ride or to step out.

Ummmm, no. Not okay. Once yeah, twice maybe. After that, get off.

It's fine for the first time but when she started dragging it out, and delaying the whole ride system with lines and lines of riders behind us, she needs to just GET OFF the ride and decide on her own time whether she can ride it or not.

Perfectly said. Holding hundreds hostage to your drama isn't okay. Even if she was disabled or whatever.

LOL! Fun shot!

It's taken me this long to get through your first three posts! :faint:

So much to comment on, but since I'm so far behind I'll keep the comments brief. How many points did you end up buying? First piece of advice, be prepared for "addonitis", it doesn't take long to set in, especially when you realize that you keep running out of points for the amount of time you want to spend at Disney! :laughing: You'll have no problem with all the logistics of DVC since you've already got the Disney system down (after FP+, ADRs, and such, the DVC stuff is child's play).

You'll have fun trying out all the different resorts and each one has it's plusses depending on what you hope to accomplish for that trip!

That Omakase sounds like so much fun! I liked the movie as well. I thought that it sewed up a few little things that left you wondering from the previous movies.

OK....now to catch up on the rest of this TR!

Nice that you got in a fair amount of rides in the morning, and were able to meet some characters! I really like the San Angel Inn, but you're right, it's really dark in there, hard to read the menu and even harder to take food pictures!

Just finding this report, but now I'm all caught up. Congrats on the DVC!!!! That is so awesome.

Galactic Nights sounds like an awesome time! From the backgrounds to the interesting foods and the overlay on RnRC! I loved your pictures and your outfits too!

ETA: Yay! :banana: I'm all caught up!

So I had only gotten to the DVC purchase before crazy holidayness took over-OMG Congratulations!!! Ya know-with that fresh in mind when we went over New years (to pick up the college program kid) I tried to entice my DH to attend a presentations "for the fast passes":rotfl:. Probably would have done it but winter chose that week to visit Florida as well, just too cold to want to do much.
Galactic Nights looks awesome! Miss Star Wars Weekends (I have a lot of glow cubes too:)).
Great outfits for the event too!

Galactic Nights looks awesome! I love the themed food and prepaying for a package. The wagu slider on fried green tomatoes sounds really intriguing!

It really was a great event, I love the events at DHS, just seem more manageable due to the small size and the fact that they have themed food and not just desserts or candy is awesome. That slider was the best thing I ate that night I think. It was perfectly cooked between fried green tomatoes. How can you not like that? :)

Great outfits- appropriate for the event, but comfortable.

Yes, comfort is key! Definitely how I planned our outfits.

Love the sound of a re-imagined RnR for the event. Did they do a preshow? Boo on the teen drama at the ride, though.

Nope, no pre-show just went straight in on the ride.
Yes boo to the teen drama. Definitely unnecessary and we waited an extra 15 minutes just for that and by then the event had already started so people were anxious to ride and get on their way!

Your photopass pictures all look fun. Especially Hoth.

Hoth was the best! I had no clue it would be upside down but now it just makes sense!

All caught up! So odd the answer on your favorite dish. I saw someone else report they were told it wasn’t deemed an authentic enough dish so who knows. It is so dark in there and the tables are soooooo close together. I could have eaten off the plates at the next table!

That's so strange that the reason they gave is that it's not authentic. That really doesn't seem like a valid reason! I mean so many dishes are fusion nowadays it's hard to tell. I can tell you that I've never heard of Strawberry red bean ice cream in China and Japan until I tasted it at Epcot! But it's tasty so who cares! LOL
Yes, the tables are really close! I guess the restaurant is so small they have to use every last bit of space.

Galactic Nights looks super fun. That slider!! I hope they hold more of these events. Can’t wait to hear about the Galaxy’s Edge panel. DHS is going to be pure insanity for a few years when that opens. LOVE your outfits!!

It was so much fun! The slider was the best thing we ate all day. We really enjoyed this event. Steve said he liked it more than all the MK parties, just seemed less crowded and more of a targeted audience plus the food was better!

Thank you!

Love this one! Maybe even more than the backdrop ones.

Aww thanks!

All of those look amazing!!! I think I'd eat ANYTHING off that menu.

They really did a great job with the food offerings! We had a fun time trying a lot of small plates, and a lot of things were new dishes we had never seen before.

Ummmm, no. Not okay. Once yeah, twice maybe. After that, get off.

Yes, exactly!

Perfectly said. Holding hundreds hostage to your drama isn't okay. Even if she was disabled or whatever.

She definitely wasn't disabled. She got out and the rest of her party stayed and rode. Guess they met her at the exit!

LOL! Fun shot!

It was so fun to do these backdrop shots. We did miss a few, there just wasn't enough time to do everything!

So much to comment on, but since I'm so far behind I'll keep the comments brief. How many points did you end up buying? First piece of advice, be prepared for "addonitis", it doesn't take long to set in, especially when you realize that you keep running out of points for the amount of time you want to spend at Disney! :laughing: You'll have no problem with all the logistics of DVC since you've already got the Disney system down (after FP+, ADRs, and such, the DVC stuff is child's play).

We bought 100 points which is the minimum I think. Haha I'm sure down the line we'd probably have some addonitis which sounds like an expensive syndrome. :laughing:
Yeah I'm learning the ropes of booking points. Steve wants to bank them all and use them next year. I think because we were thinking of going in September and the hotels are usually so cheap then we will save the points for another time.

You'll have fun trying out all the different resorts and each one has it's plusses depending on what you hope to accomplish for that trip!

We already know our favorites but Steve liked a bargain so he wants to do Boardwalk and AKL during low season all the time. LOL.

That Omakase sounds like so much fun! I liked the movie as well. I thought that it sewed up a few little things that left you wondering from the previous movies.

Omakase is great! I liked the movie, it was different, and also leaves you pondering...

Nice that you got in a fair amount of rides in the morning, and were able to meet some characters! I really like the San Angel Inn, but you're right, it's really dark in there, hard to read the menu and even harder to take food pictures!

It was a great morning! Although everything got very crowded quickly. San Angel Inn used to be bigger on my list but after this time, I guess I don't have any interest in going back until they bring back that Polla a las Rajas!

Just finding this report, but now I'm all caught up. Congrats on the DVC!!!! That is so awesome.

Thank you!!! It's so great knowing we own DVC and there's 50 more years of Disney in store for us, hahaha.

Galactic Nights sounds like an awesome time! From the backgrounds to the interesting foods and the overlay on RnRC! I loved your pictures and your outfits too!

ETA: Yay! :banana: I'm all caught up!

Yay!!

Thank you! It's a great event and I highly recommend it for Star Wars fans. I'm sure it's something to pass the time until the real Galaxy's Edge opens but hey, i'll take it!

So I had only gotten to the DVC purchase before crazy holidayness took over-OMG Congratulations!!! Ya know-with that fresh in mind when we went over New years (to pick up the college program kid) I tried to entice my DH to attend a presentations "for the fast passes":rotfl:. Probably would have done it but winter chose that week to visit Florida as well, just too cold to want to do much.
Galactic Nights looks awesome! Miss Star Wars Weekends (I have a lot of glow cubes too:)).
Great outfits for the event too!

Thank you! So cool we own part of Disney...hahaha, well at least part of a timeshare.
Think the presentation can be a good way to get out of the cold...everything is indoors including the model homes at the center. Plus they pick you up and send you anywhere on Disney property in a private van. (no sharing). And you get 3 FPs so seemed like a nice way to check out something new since it was our 7th trip last year! Who knew that we would end up buying real estate at Disney...hahaha. Anything can happen!
I do miss Star Wars weekends, and now you have the opportunity to PAY for it, wow that's just...so Disney. "If you offer it and jack up the price...people will come...":rotfl:

I just found this report and have read the first page. I'll catch up on the rest later, but I wanted to say congrats on your DVC purchase! Hope to do that one day. My DH is also difficult to convince. Sounds like we need a tour.

I love the photos of the projections on ToT. Beautiful! Probably even more so in person.

Wow!! Congrats on buying DVC! We did a tour when we were there in December and are still talking it over. I'm jealous that you guys made the decision so easily!

The Star Wars Galactic Night looks amazing! That was the last night of our trip and we decided to head to the Magic Kingdom for the evening instead going to HS for the event. I have serious regrets, because it looks like a great time, and the MK was so unpleasantly busy that we didn't even stick around for the fireworks.

Last edited:
Then we used our FP for Toy Story, where I beat my personal record and also beat DH! (I got 230k)

Holy smokes! I'm not very good at this ride. I finally beat Nathan though.

There I met up with @Raeven and her bf Josh who were having dinner at Shula’s, as well as @amalone and her DH Zack who had just arrived for their weekend trip to WDW! It was so great seeing Raeven and Josh again and meeting Alyssa and her DH for the first time. I really enjoy meeting my DISBoard friends! We got a drink from the bar, and @amalone kindly offered us these drink vouchers that they got when they were here for their wedding! Thanks guys! We had a great time chatting, and I gave everyone some candy and a holiday card my sister had made. I was in a festive mood and wanted to share!

Awesome Dismeet!!

Oh this looks so cool!!

By the time we ended the meeting 2 hours later we are now the proud owners of a new DVC contract at the Polynesian!!!!

Steve turns to me and says Merry Christmas.”

O.M.G. Best Present Ever!

Congrats! That's amazing!! I'm really pleased for you and Steve! Poly also seems a lot more difficult to get DVC reservations at less than 11 months out compared to other resorts, so it's great to have that as your home resort in case you want to stay there again sometime. :)

So it seems like our year of Disney has turned into almost 50 years of Disney
(although not quite as many trips per year!)

Woohoo!

We also got to do something that we’ve never done before…go to the DVC Member Lounge in Epcot for the first time!!! We had to show them our membership number on our phones and we headed upstairs. It’s so interesting to be up here. There are a few coke machines, a k-cup machine, and there is a snack cart which comes around. It was pretty crowded in there but we got seats and were able to charge our phones which was nice. We got some chips and sodas/water and hung out there for a little while before heading out.

How cool! It's the little perks that really add to the experience I'm sure! Like having an AP and getting to go through the AP park entry line.

This is really pretty!

I really dislike the Photopass online website! It's so annoying. I hope they are fixing it and making it easier for people to sort and download pictures!

Oh. My. Gosh. Me. Too. Uggh! Disney is so on top of things most of the time, and this website is just shamefully difficult. It took me hours to get a fairly small number of pictures downloaded from our last trip.

Thankful for those FPs, although I think if you end up buying DVC you should be entitled to about 50 gazillion more, right? Haha or maybe just one for Flight of Passage...?!? :littleangel:

:rotfl2:

Oh and you can create one of these in a photobooth in the dump shop for TT. You can add it to your memory maker and it's free! Just don't select the option to print as that costs money.:

FckzhQPneroqJqoz4TJ3uRlfLfNsoF-tWAYb0TvTA8Ry9G_WVBSibu3asDXqXmxy5l4lEL26i9k9ZtnSD6qCscaVjQX4R-XBD1AzoZr2q7AbD5G0nt2SvX252ykwMY3eHxrr8aHEwG78SdQh6wMj5qQsyCCn_FDaH0vYl0k39S4wOmGhiIbkncmcFj1_qcL-7tA0uiU6x-89IhdRMFZcf4VArz6Q1v930POzi8gO3wTRn6tjuncVrQFlBtN-Z4MjNt8SvgZQfkRYOgoM614nSE9zi8PupAgGsLkT734CiQQNil3d7btszzJEDDqqurHgVVGqY0kjPfwBg6Srs0xYP1h_PU86OwSCJosgBfmoaypO6CtNIeSSC1uHZh_CsSRGMiLrBxrMPoVS_OQtQewlXt_5sHj56NFDeS4P9oMqH1LcLTAgwEyF1cPO66pTd-8rZcFEPKfI0b2ZIjxoBa2oDJRzE35mLYQyb_ACGtS_Ulj3FB-Cc7N0ZULZOp0Qb0sZKlFybINlM5vUXcZHOqB_42t-_I40fFohROvkaFVlq3M-SrkTdd4z4_breRPkgEdc8t5TLAhim6bOzlSBwL0tQXRhitFGZIr7sCtm2-_a=w768-h548-no

Oh cool! Good to know!

I got the HIGHEST Score I ever got, 243k, even beating Steve's high score!! HAHAHAHAHA. Usually he boasts about his high score but now I can rub it in that I hold the record between the both of us!! #champion

CFMeLuSXqYrJnZR2TT8igJqAYCqCk73ChMl1PME2bhdUM1oIA6N9SzKr5p2vGFTzboKPBmtYyMk-c3Czjdfjjc_sLZz0_MXduKMn2JVlfh_-Ecu_cKvfduCHgXIg52pItJGnxq9LrvntKjxtcvAjNNuCGpPMpfLKi7jzc0YC75kOCkSl7SflHeVZN6O-WZbQpiz5UWT6k_kk_6kPHTtbDpnTRg0E9wL8TwIcf5gnr-SerFPPxFrBn0ZePTRJIKb0fG919Lz6HqyHBNTwWLEHZ-0o7N84q7DDCYlBM2irkkG6qdjdcxyLGBSPXCQjysZnF0mS4y8TBzx6eiB1-k_p3lQ-QjijVTfq9PIMasaQKYNQPVhX1__gX8pPZrIjCpQxejuTeMxpABDmWr-eMvhxucQvf5yf8ldOxVlph_LUx-GAVWLsY7T_3v8IAiyonIk5oViHpDfloV1z2mkxrPj7ddTteMOUXLAVqmCz5b1tVr78yjNvohBOM5GORRrSL8diL3mcCkKMPmI96OCXHq7cBzRjgdEJm30ObnmZROaQVLR0rj8jKAXwHPEOqTE0YnVjUvxtTZQjGbVc1_G8is0XFfzcbn-3UpR5vVYQEhY3=w850-h637-no

Holy Cow, Su-Lynn! You're a champion for sure! I was just excited when I finally got the cat.

I wanted to try so many things that evening and I swear we spent a lot of time finding food and eating!

Sounds like the best way to spend a WDW evening!

In the end after much tearful decision making and consoling by the people behind her, perhaps her parents or a friend, she got out of the car, and everyone cheered. Well, cheering that the ride was back on track. I'm sorry but I have no patience for this kind of thing (kids and babies are the exception but she wasn't really a kid). It's fine for the first time but when she started dragging it out, and delaying the whole ride system with lines and lines of riders behind us, she needs to just GET OFF the ride and decide on her own time whether she can ride it or not.

Oh man. I have no patience for this, and I'm a ride chicken, myself. Anything where people have no respect for other people's time drives me nuts.

They really did a great job with the food offerings! We had a fun time trying a lot of small plates, and a lot of things were new dishes we had never seen before.

I love Food and Wine for just that reason! I love lots of little tastes of a lot of different things. Love me some Tapas too- same reason.

She definitely wasn't disabled. She got out and the rest of her party stayed and rode. Guess they met her at the exit!

This surprises me NOT at all. :rolleyes:

It was so fun to do these backdrop shots. We did miss a few, there just wasn't enough time to do everything!

There's never enough time to do everything at those events, is there?

Sorry for just making it over here now...I've been a bit MIA on the DIS...but congrats on your purchase! It's funny though...because I thought I remembered reading on one of your TR's that after this year you weren't gonna get AP's again for 2018...and then BAM you are DVC members with AP's lol...(probably just the way it seems from my view having not been around much lol) I am so happy for you though and I'm sure a lot of consideration went into this. The Poly is such a great resort and whether you stay there or not, the amount you guys go to WDW it is for sure a good investment!!!

Your trip looks fantastic...and so nice to dream about now while it's so ridiculously cold here!!!

Long time reader of your reports but I have been really bad about commenting as I hate typing on my IPad. I do want to say I always enjoy your reports as they are so adult centric. I also love all the details you post and the pix. I know that takes a lot of time and I really appreciate all your sharing.

Congrats on your DVC points. I am sure you will really enjoy them. We are BWV an VWL owners and love ours.

Looking forward to the rest of your report!

I'm sorry, I'm just now getting caught up! Congrats on DVC membership. Maybe someday I'll join you . . .
Lol.
BTW, I agree with Steve about Figment. The skunk part is just gross and reminds me too much of Stitch's Great Escape when he burps in your face. Rude much.
The Star Wars Galactic Nights seems like an interesting event for a big Star Wars fan. Probably not my cup of tea, though all the food certainly looks good!

Found this trip report while reading your Marvel one. Love the pics - and that Star Wars night looks cool. Congrats on your DVC purchase.

1st, congrats on your DVC Membership!!!

2nd, I love your trip report. It reads so swiftly and then the photos. I like the format you're using. Great job!

I'm jealous of the special Star Wars event you attended. Can't wait to see and read more!

Hi everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates, I was on a two week vacation to Singapore for my cousin's wedding which turned into a 2.5 week vacation due to our flights being cancelled both TO and FROM Singapore due to weather (first time from NYC and then going back home while on transit at Tokyo Narita airport which was bombarded with a huge snowstorm for the first time in like 4 years). We had to spend the night in Narita airport. :sad1: It was rough to say the least, but oh well, we are back home safe and sound and hopefully I will have some updates soon!

Welcome back! I followed you on insta (is that creepy, haha!) and your trip looked amazing! Can't wait to hear more about the Galactic Nights, it looks amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter