The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

Hi everyone! I hope you're all having a magical day :)

I'm taking my mom to Disney with me in less than 15 days (I'm so excited, I haven't been since I was 6 - I am now 23). I wanted to ride Dumbo with her, but we're both size 18/20, 240 (5.3) vs. 190 lbs (5'2). I'm thinking we'll probably have to ride separately, but what do you think?

Hi everyone! I hope you're all having a magical day :)

I'm taking my mom to Disney with me in less than 15 days (I'm so excited, I haven't been since I was 6 - I am now 23). I wanted to ride Dumbo with her, but we're both size 18/20, 240 (5.3) vs. 190 lbs (5'2). I'm thinking we'll probably have to ride separately, but what do you think?
Your going to have a great time. I am unsure about if you two can comfortably ride together. However I have a idea, if you plan to ride twice you can ride separately the first time and judge for the second time.

I have a picture from DECADES ago where I am riding with one of my friends. We were both in that size range and it was not a problem at all.

I just wanted to say "thanks" to everyone who has posted here...we just got back from a week at Disney, and reading everyone's comments is the only thing that kept from being worried sick before we went.

Also, to those planning a trip...RELAX, and get ready for a wonderful experience! I am size 26/28, and I had no problems with any rides. I rode EVERYTHING at all the parks with my kids, and we had the time of our lives! No tight fits, no embarrassment. The only place I even had a minor issue was with the turnstile at Voyage of the Little Mermaid at Hollywood Studios. It was super tight, even turned sideways. But, it was 2 seconds and it was over. No one even paid attention. So, go...and have fun! princess:

this May, PLEASE...please give a report on Pandora ride. I'm not so concerned about the river ride, but there is a flying ride i would love to check out.

DH is thinking of going to the AMC dine in on our trip. I was just checking reviews and saw pics - looks like a tight fit! Any advice on if it was just the pictures - or is this not a good idea for a big and tall guy?
It is a tight fit but there is also tables with the car front and normal seats too. It'seems a fun place to eat.

Wanted to post a link to a reply I just made in another thread where I show photos of myself and my husband, both solidly pooh-sized, on some rides (7DMT, Space Mountain, Test Track, EE). I'm 5'8", 300-ish lbs. He's the same height, weighed around 350-360 in these photos. Sometimes seeing the photos is helpful for folks who may otherwise be having some anxiety or doubts about whether they can participate! pooh:

5'1" 375 worried momma

I relied heavily on the comments here for the encouragement I needed to have a good time in WDW for my last few trips! Wanted to pay it forward :)

Wanted to post a link to a reply I just made in another thread where I show photos of myself and my husband, both solidly pooh-sized, on some rides (7DMT, Space Mountain, Test Track, EE). I'm 5'8", 300-ish lbs. He's the same height, weighed around 350-360 in these photos. Sometimes seeing the photos is helpful for folks who may otherwise be having some anxiety or doubts about whether they can participate! pooh:

5'1" 375 worried momma

I relied heavily on the comments here for the encouragement I needed to have a good time in WDW for my last few trips! Wanted to pay it forward :)
Thank you for sharing! It is wonderful to never worry about the rides at Disney!

even with the new seat belts for each seat instead of 1 big 1 for both seats am quite a big guy with a 50 inch waist and 54 inch chest

even with the new seat belts for each seat instead of 1 big 1 for both seats am quite a big guy with a 50 inch waist and 54 inch chest
I can't remember what kind we had. Last I have been was Oct 2015. Hopefully someone will come along and help. I want to know now as well.

You should be fine, in 2013 my husband was wearing size 56 or 58 pants and he was fine. Unless they have changed the belts since then...

I was just there last month and I'm a little bit bigger than that. The belt on Kali River Rapids was a tight fit, but once I slid it under my gut, I was able to get it buckled and enjoyed the ride. I'm doing a DVC Member Pandora preview next month, so hopefully I'll be able to let everyone know how those rides treat folks like us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!