The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

We haven't been to DL so I don't know about California Screamin' but he fit fine on Space Mountain he was about 350 at the time I think, it's been a few years because he hated it (stupid me to have that be his first amusement park ride ever in his life, LOL). He does fine on Big Thunder (likes that one) but it is easier if he sits by himself.

I was wondering if your DH had any trouble fitting onto rides? Space mountain, thunder mountain and California screamin' to be specific! I am a little smaller than your husband and although i fit on a lot of rides with no issues, those are a few i have been hesitant to try.
I'm 5-10, 400+ and I can do Space Mountain and BTMRR. SM is a bit challenging getting out of the car, but otherwise ok. No issues at all with BTMRR. As for California Screaming, I was only about 340 last time I was at DL, but also fit on that fine. Time to work on getting back to that size.

Posted this in the Pandora thread, but putting it here too for the other Pooh-sized folks to see:

I'm in Pandora now, and -- as expected -- I didn't quite fit on FoP (for reference I'm 5-foot-10 and 56" around at my jolly belly). I was able to get forward enough for the back restraint to click in, but couldn't simultaneously get my legs forward enough for the leg restraints to work. Am I disappointed? Only in myself, to be honest, and this gives me a concrete goal to work toward for my return trip in December.

Posted this in the Pandora thread, but putting it here too for the other Pooh-sized folks to see:

I'm in Pandora now, and -- as expected -- I didn't quite fit on FoP (for reference I'm 5-foot-10 and 56" around at my jolly belly). I was able to get forward enough for the back restraint to click in, but couldn't simultaneously get my legs forward enough for the leg restraints to work. Am I disappointed? Only in myself, to be honest, and this gives me a concrete goal to work toward for my return trip in December.
I like that outlook.

I was going to try and go to DW in winter of 2018. Not now. I won't fit on the Pandora ride I wanted. I will wait for the Star Wars Land to open up. Up to now Disney has been very inclusive.

I was going to try and go to DW in winter of 2018. Not now. I won't fit on the Pandora ride I wanted. I will wait for the Star Wars Land to open up. Up to now Disney has been very inclusive.
Up to now it has all been previews. We don't really know who will fit and who won't. The official pandora thread has tons of pages discussing this. I would just wait until it opens to the public and wait for the feedback from the masses, not just the few. We may be surprised!

I'm 5-10, 400+ and I can do Space Mountain and BTMRR. SM is a bit challenging getting out of the car, but otherwise ok. No issues at all with BTMRR. As for California Screaming, I was only about 340 last time I was at DL, but also fit on that fine. Time to work on getting back to that size.

Thank you!! You really put me at ease! I really appreciate it!

Hi everyone!

I talked with some friends a couple of days ago and we were talking about my family's recent trip to WDW. I mentioned that we would be returning for a short trip in August before our DD goes off to college. Their DD is also graduating from HS and they mentioned that they would be interested in joining us. So, now I am trying to figure things out in record time so I can make FP+ reservations next week. *sigh*.

Anyway ... the reason why I'm posting here is that my (male) friend is more than "Pooh sized" ... he's more "Baloo sized". He's tall (6'2" maybe?) and very large. I am terrible at estimating, but I would say he is at least 400 lbs and maybe even bigger. He also has bad hips and would definitely rent a scooter to get around. While he's not particularly active, he tries not to let his weight and mobility issues get in the way of living his life. He does travel quite a bit and enjoys going to Vegas, to professional football games and to concerts.

From my reading, I would say that Space Mountain, 7DMT and FoP are right out. He can step up and down into a boat (like for Pirates) but he'll need a hand to steady him. What other attractions do you think would be a problem?

I am also a little worried about his health and stamina in the heat of August. Should I look into a DAS for him?

From my reading, I would say that Space Mountain, 7DMT and FoP are right out. He can step up and down into a boat (like for Pirates) but he'll need a hand to steady him. What other attractions do you think would be a problem?

I am also a little worried about his health and stamina in the heat of August. Should I look into a DAS for him?

Peter Pan's Flight - This is a maybe depending on how fast he could step into the flying ship.
Astro Orbiter - Not a FP attraction, but it would probably be a "no" due to the bad hips
Test Track - Probably one that he would need some help in and out as I know some find it difficult to get in and out if they have knee or hip issues.

If he has other issues than mobility that would cause him not to be able to go through a normal queue, then he could go to Guest Services and request a DAS. It would allow him and 5 guests to get a return time. If his issues for being in a normal queue are covered by the use of a mobility aid, they may not issue a DAS. My sister has mobility issues, but also has a number of other issues that are not covered by her EVC. She will probably always qualify for a DAS. My mom's issues are currently mobility only and the use of a mobility device would allow her to use normal queues so she would not qualify for a DAS.

Probably a long shot, but has anyone of size visited either Shanghai or Hong Kong Disneyland or know any reports regarding the size friendliness of the rides? Not planning to worry about it, but always love to gather info!

Thanks!

I was at both parks in January. I am 5'6" and about 270. I had no problems on the rides at either park, other than 7 dwarfs mine train. It is the same ride as Disney World. I will say, I did not ride Tron as I did not want to spend 1/2 of my visiting time in line for 1 ride. (WARNING - DO NOT GO DURING CHINESE NEW YEAR) It is crazy, my friend went in December, and almost all of the rides were 20 minutes or less.

Has anyone rode FOP since it opened? I'm 5'4" and 260. I carry most of my weight in my tummy so wondering if I will fit? Also wondering if I will fit on 7DMT.

Has anyone rode FOP since it opened? I'm 5'4" and 260. I carry most of my weight in my tummy so wondering if I will fit? Also wondering if I will fit on 7DMT.
Last time I went I was your size and rode 7dmt just fine. FoP has a test seat out front and there have been stories of a wide variety of people not fitting (pooh size, short, tall, etc), however it looks like most will fit. On the pandora thread there was a pic of a lady who rode who looks to be larger than your weight. The issue on FoP may have had something to do with not sitting the right way on the vehicle. It seems like CM have mostly sorted this out to get the most people to fit. I would try it! I'm going to try the test seat next week.

I was at both parks in January. I am 5'6" and about 270. I had no problems on the rides at either park, other than 7 dwarfs mine train. It is the same ride as Disney World. I will say, I did not ride Tron as I did not want to spend 1/2 of my visiting time in line for 1 ride. (WARNING - DO NOT GO DURING CHINESE NEW YEAR) It is crazy, my friend went in December, and almost all of the rides were 20 minutes or less.
Thanks so much! We will be there in June and I really appreciate the feedback!

AlixaLock, you may also consider buying you tickets online. If Shanghai gets busy, they close the ticket booths and online sales. Pre purchased ticket holders are allowed in. Just be prepared to select the exact dates you are going to be there

AlixaLock, you may also consider buying you tickets online. If Shanghai gets busy, they close the ticket booths and online sales. Pre purchased ticket holders are allowed in. Just be prepared to select the exact dates you are going to be there

Thanks for this great advice! We are actually going with an Adventures By Disney tour in two weeks, but we plan a day on our own after the tour ends, so I took your advice and pre-booked tickets, a tour and a dining reservation!

This information has been so helpful. I'm bringing my boyfriend in December - it'll be his first visit. He's 6'4" and about 340 (though he's lost 60 in the past year, so maybe he'll be a bit smaller by then!). He carries his weight pretty evenly but is definitely broad - what rides might be an issue? I want to prepare him to try test seats and such.

Also, does anyone know where I can find a 3XLT Disney shirt? I've seen 3X, but he needs that tall size.

Rode it tonight. It is a strange set up but you should be ok. Try the test seat out front. I saw some very large people riding and CMs were very helpful. That being said I met a man that was not at all pooh sized that couldn't ride. It is an odd but necessary restraint system.

FOP report...I tried the seat outside and it was snug but I decided to try it anyway. What was the worst they could say, no. Well I got on the chair sat every close pushing all my pooh sized glory forward and had no trouble with the back restraint. My legs became the issue as travel makes my lower legs in to hams and I had due to a pre-trip accident an air boot on my leg. Well I pushed them forward as much as I could and the cast member suggested moving the booted foot inward just a little more and....BOOM! I was able to ride and had lots of room I wasn't uncomfortable at all. It was way more comfortable than Dwarfs. I hate that ride because these hips aren't small.

Attachments

• IMG_0377.jpeg
    IMG_0377.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 165
This thread is amazing. I had to sit out on a few rides the last time I went and I hope to be better prepared this time so maybe MAYBE I can ride Soarin' and not get so squished on the Haunted Mansion.

Anyway, I was just wondering if these test seats are discreet? I'm pretty shy and I'd hate to give everyone a show of me trying to squeeze into Dumbo.

Last edited:
This thread is amazing. I had to sit out on a few rides the last time I went and I hope to be better prepared this time so maybe MAYBE I can ride Soarin' and not get so squished on the Haunted Mansion.

Anyway, I was just wondering if these test seats are discreet? I'm pretty shy and I'd hate to give everyone a show of me trying to squeeze into Dumbo.
There is only one test seat at WDW that I am aware of and that is for flight of passage at AK. You will need a CM to help you with restraints. It is not discrete. Try it anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts