The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

Hi all. I just got back yesterday from Disney, and thought, that as a very Pooh sized person, I would add my 2 cents. First off, I was very worried I would need the seatbelt extender on Jet Blue and was thrilled to find out I didn't. I did on Continental in August of 08, but I have lost about 40 lbs since then and go to the gym 3-5 times a week for the last 6 months. I am 5' 3" and wear a size 24-26 and carry a lot of weight around my middle. I found the walking to be a lot easier this trip and did not have any trouble with anything. I went on Soarin this time and not last time because I was afraid of the belt issue there too. It was fine. I wore Capri or Bermuda shorts because of the shorts riding up issue and I also wore my New Balance sneakers everyday and was okay. I wore a cross body bag but it made a welt on my neck where the strap hit it. It wasn't heavy, but I guess it wasn't made for my body type. If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer anything.

Lisa

Wow, I love this thread! We are a pooh size couple and have done a dining review, but we had some negative feedback about how fat we were. We have been discouraged that some would be so mean, but thankfully the mod deleted the comments off our review.

Ok, here's my question: what are so good about the Teva flip flops. I hate most all flip flops because they give me blisters, but I would love to wear flip flops. Thanks so much.

This is a great thread!

I am a size 22. My park bag is an Overland Donner. It has a very long adjustable strap so I can sling it across my body. I don't even have to take it off on most rides.

For shoes, I wear Teva Terra-Fi's. I am not a flip flop wearer and sneakers make my feet too hot. I also need something supportive because I have flat feet and these
work!

I am a Body Glide user as well. I use it on feet and thighs.

I buy most of my shorts and capris at Old Navy. They only sell plus sizes online but I've never had an issue. I've also bought at Land's End.

As for swimsuits, I bought my current suit at www.alwaysforme.com They have a great selection and great service.

I got the Bagallini bag 2 years ago when I was planning a Disney trip. I ended up losing my job and we weren't able to go, but we're planning a trip now and I plan on using it. I've used it for fairs and trips to the zoo and it's worked very well. It's light enough and can be worn on the back or the front. I find that I get hot under the area that the bag's lying, so I like to switch it up. We go to a scifi convention every year and I carry a backpack because we have to carry around bigger things and more stuff and it's just SO hot on my back. I hope the Bagallini will work well!

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a fanny pack? Mine is seeing it's last days, but I can't find one with a waist strap long enough to go around me?:confused3 Great thread, thank you for starting it.
Penny

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a fanny pack? Mine is seeing it's last days, but I can't find one with a waist strap long enough to go around me?:confused3 Great thread, thank you for starting it.
Penny

I would love to hear some information about this as well!

My husband wants a fanny/waist pack but the ones around here just do not suit...

Do any of these come with a water bottle mesh pocket holder or something? And if so, has does that feel (weight-wise) when walking around the parks?

DaniB said:
Do any of these come with a water bottle mesh pocket holder or something? And if so, has does that feel (weight-wise) when walking around the parks?

The Overland Donner has 2 side pockets I use to carry 16oz bottles of water. The weight doesn't bother me at all.

Last year when I went I was 5'5", 260 pounds and wore a size 22. I wore a Baggallini messenger bag and loved it. I wore tennis shoes some days (New Balance), Mickey crocs a couple times and my favorite flip-flips are the Athens from crocs. I found cargo style capri pants at Kohls before I left on super sale. My swimsuit is a Speedo because I like the straps to cross over in the back. They do offer limited plus sizes (I think it's 20-24).

Before my trip, by accident, I found something at the Bali/Hanes outlet store that was helpful. It's called a Happy Strap and it's to put between your bra straps to keep them from slipping down. (That's the reason I have a Speedo swimsuit). It is similar to those plastic disc things you see on tv, but the saleslady told me those tend to crack/break and who wants that? It was nice for when I wore sleeveless shirts and just in general. If you're curious.
http://www.amazon.com/Braza-Happy-Straps/dp/B000086778

I would love to hear some information about this as well!

My husband wants a fanny/waist pack but the ones around here just do not suit...

Hi again DaniB! I just looked at this place I had in mind for you, I don't know how to post a link, sorry! Go to kingsizedirect.com and on the home page at the top right hand side there is a search, type in fanny pack and it pulls up a black leather type fanny pack that is oversized and fits up to 72 inch waist. It was $19.99! Hope this helps!! :goodvibes

I always take my fanny pack when I go. I got mine at Walmart for $9. I think it fits a waist up to 72#. My local Walmart always has them in stock; by the backpacks and purses.

I found mine at walmart for about $5 I never use it though because it tends to make my shirts ride up and it just drives me crazy! I can't make up my mind what to bring. The only kids along are grandkids so mom and day have to haul their stuff, I just need my phone, cards, chapstick and a water bottle, so I am torn about what to carry. I hate to take anything and would love cargo shorts, but so far have not found anything.

I just love this thread!!!

I thought I'd swing back and let you all know how the cargo shorts from womanwithin.com were. I just got them in the mail today.

I ordered a pair of the shorts and a pair of the cargo pants. The cargo shorts are great. They are a good fit and a good length, plus they can adjust from bermuda length to mid-thigh. The material is thin which is good for late spring/summer/fall. These are keepers for me and I may pick up another pair or 2.

The pants can adjust from full length pants to capri length. But when they are at full length the legs are alot wider than I like so they'll be going back. They are the same material as the shorts.

Both are drawstring waists which I also liked. I know it's hard to find plus size cargo shorts so this is one place to get them.

Fanny Packs - Dicks Sporting Goods...some nice selections! With loads of pockets.

GaSleepingBeautyFan - Thanks for the update on the cargos! I ordered some as well!

Penny

I got one from Woman within that even has room to spare. I am a 26-28 and short but it fit fine.

Thanks everyone for the tips. I never heard of woman within:confused3Is that an on line or store? thanks, Penny

Wow, I love this thread! We are a pooh size couple and have done a dining review, but we had some negative feedback about how fat we were. We have been discouraged that some would be so mean, but thankfully the mod deleted the comments off our review.

Ok, here's my question: what are so good about the Teva flip flops. I hate most all flip flops because they give me blisters, but I would love to wear flip flops. Thanks so much.

Wow I can't believe people were cruel. :eek: Of course I guess you find them everywhere.

I just wanted to say hi and I am a Pooh sized girl and love the fact that Disney really makes larger people comfortable. I am a huge theme park person but because of my size, over the years it hasn't been great. But with WDW it is different. I love it.
Glad to that this thread was started so I can learn tips and such.

Off to read the rest of the thread. Glad you stuck around, most Dis'ers are great!

This is a great thread!

For shoes, I wear Teva Terra-Fi's. I am not a flip flop wearer and sneakers make my feet too hot. I also need something supportive because I have flat feet and these
work!

As for swimsuits, I bought my current suit at www.alwaysforme.com They have a great selection and great service.
:thumbsup2

I love Always for me! I just ordered a few more suits from them last night, just for the new styles. They are so flattering and seem to last forever.

For cargo capri's I love Maurice's Plus section.

Bra's- I love Lane Bryants Cacique (they are a sister company to VS and use some of the same styles and materials)

Love the thread I have gotten lot's of great tips.

Did a major shopping binge at J.C. Penney the other day and wanted to let you know that they have cargo capri's.

Thanks for the Baggallini messenger bag suggestion now I have to have one for my trip.

I'm loving this thread too.

You know, I went back and forth over ordering a baggallini...for WEEKS. I couldn't pass up the deal when I found it here so I finally just ordered it. I got it last week. Yeah, not feeling the love for baggallini. I was a little (ok, a lot) disappointed. I was ready to love it. It wasn't a problem with actually fitting around me (size 24-26 depending on how much salt I've had that day LOL) ...that was fine...it was where the strap "nestled" and "dug" that I didn't like. I'm all for a little "lift" (iykwim) but, I prefer the lift be on both sides...and under my clothes (thank you very much). :rotfl: So, not wanting to look all lopsidedly lifted, I messed with the strap, and messed with the strap, and messed with the strap some more... trying to find just the right fit. The only way I can wear it comfortably is to switch shoulders and wear it on the front. Yeah, well, only one problem with that? It makes me look like a hugely pregnant kangaroo. Not exactly the look I want. lol

Long story short...this pooh sized gal is back to her old trusty, rusty, ratty backpack (until I can find something else). :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter