The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

Living with the Land was a problem once when our party (including her mom and little niece) were all seated in the front of the boat and it definitely "dragged" a bit because of that
How the weight is distributed makes a huge difference in speed! CMs are trained to put bigger people in the back, but that's not always practical. Whenever I'm in the back of a boat we go faster than all the other boats, especially fun on Splash Mountain!

Hi, I'm headed to both Universal and Disney in August. I am a WDW regular and fit on everything, FOP is not an issue. I'm 5'6", 260. Wear a 20-22 pant, 2x top.

What are the most restrictive rides at Universal? We are traveling with another family, and I am the only Pooh size member of the party. We have one day in Universal before we meet up with the other family and I want to try any rides that might be difficult. I can handle it if I can't fit, but I would prefer not to have this happen when we are with the other family.

Thank you.

Specifically for Universal, I would recommend trying the test seats. I carry all of my weight in my stomach, so when I put on weight between a February trip to Universal and back there in July, I tried the seats to make sure I could still fit. There was only one ride that i ducked in my stomach a bit while the restraint was coming down.

Now, with that said, Universal is interesting in their ride design. My husband is tall, thin and has long legs. He has trouble with his legs being squeezed too much on the Gringotts ride.

We leave for Disney in a week and I'm really starting to panic. I'm 5-3 probably 240 lbs. I had a baby recently so I'm carrying a lot around my midsection. Will I have an issue with most rides? The anxiousness is stealing away the joy. I dont want to be embarassed in from of my family. This is our first trip

We leave for Disney in a week and I'm really starting to panic. I'm 5-3 probably 240 lbs. I had a baby recently so I'm carrying a lot around my midsection. Will I have an issue with most rides? The anxiousness is stealing away the joy. I dont want to be embarassed in from of my family. This is our first trip
I’m 5-2, and was at 235 for our last trip. I got onto everything with only the rare “suck in” needed. You will be just fine - relax now and enjoy your trip when you get there!

There might be some rides that are less comfortable than others (Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Flight of Passage are the two obvious ones that come to mind) but you shouldn't experience any significant difficulty fitting in anything. If there's any specific rides you're worried about, I'd be happy to answer any questions about them.

There might be some rides that are less comfortable than others (Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Flight of Passage are the two obvious ones that come to mind) but you shouldn't experience any significant difficulty fitting in anything. If there's any specific rides you're worried about, I'd be happy to answer any questions about them.

Thanks for the info! I was wondering about Slinky Dog Dash and Prince Charming carusol. Am wondering if there will be room for me to stand by my daughter when she is on a horse since she is only 2.

Thanks for the info! I was wondering about Slinky Dog Dash and Prince Charming carusol. Am wondering if there will be room for me to stand by my daughter when she is on a horse since she is only 2.

Haven’t gotten to ride Slinky yet, but you will easily be able to find a horse where you can stand next to your daughter.

Slinky is a bit of a tight squeeze, but not nearly as bad as Mine Train. Finding a spot to stand next to your daughter on the carousel won't be a problem. There's plenty of space between horses.

Sharing two experience from my recent trip:

Myself (24 top / 20 bottom) and my BFF (28 / 28 I believe but possibly 32) recently rode Splash Mountain and discovered that the lap bar did not go down when we sat side-by-side.

The CMs motioned us out and we were confused at first - she wanted me to still ride, and I said, "Aren't I allowed to ride?" and the CM said, "Of course, I just didn't want to separate you - we'll put you in another boat." We stood and waited a couple of minutes and then another boat came along and they told us to each get in a separate row (it wasn't a special boat or anything - the communication on the CM side wasn't great but we eventually understood what they were trying to do) and we were able to comfortably ride, each with our own row.

So that's one experience. It was pretty positive - we both got to ride, but a little embarrassing to be pulled out in front of everyone and also it wasn't immediately clear that we were each being expected to take a separate row in a regular boat because they didn't actually say anything, just pointed us toward the new boat.) But overall it was fine. Now we know what to ask for in the future. (We've been to WDW together many times but I guess haven't tried Splash side-by-side in a number of years.)

Other experience was ToT. We've also ridden that ride together plenty of times over the years but usually end up with one os us on the middle aisle so there's room to lean - but this year, the CM put us in a row of 4 and didn't put anyone in next to us. They didn't communicate to us why, so we both sat squished together up against the wall, with the two empty seats to my left. It would have been much more comfortable if we'd staggered seats - she against the wall, an empty between us, then me, then another empty - and I *think* that's what the CM may have been trying to set up for us - but since she never actually TOLD us that, we didn't want to presume that those seats were going to remain empty, so we squished together.

It was uncomfortable, but manageable.

So, a fun time on both rides, but I wish the CMs were a little more clear in our communication around how they want us to be arranged to avoid awkwardness and discomfort.

My advice is - speak up!

My advice is - speak up!

Yes, this! I see so many people on this thread worried about being embarrassed, and trust me, I've been there. But you can save yourself some (mostly in your head/non-existent) embarrassment just by talking to the CMs whenever possible -- when you first get in line, when you get to the loading zone, etc. If you need a little more space/time/help, don't wait until the moment you need it to say something. More often than not, WDW CMs are willing to do what they can to make your experience an enjoyable one.

I am heading to WDW in February. SWGE is a big thing for my little one. Does anyone know if RoR is Pooh Size friendly? I was able to ride Star Tours and Dinosaur in June last year but have been dealing with issues from lymphedema in my legs and mid section so I am worried about being able to ride with him.

I am heading to WDW in February. SWGE is a big thing for my little one. Does anyone know if RoR is Pooh Size friendly? I was able to ride Star Tours and Dinosaur in June last year but have been dealing with issues from lymphedema in my legs and mid section so I am worried about being able to ride with him.

I had no issues at all riding it at 5'3" and 230 lbs. There was plenty of room.

Yes, this! I see so many people on this thread worried about being embarrassed, and trust me, I've been there. But you can save yourself some (mostly in your head/non-existent) embarrassment just by talking to the CMs whenever possible -- when you first get in line, when you get to the loading zone, etc. If you need a little more space/time/help, don't wait until the moment you need it to say something. More often than not, WDW CMs are willing to do what they can to make your experience an enjoyable one.

Not of FoP, girl couldn't say fast enough I didn't fit and would have to leave. Guy came and got me to fit.

Not of FoP, girl couldn't say fast enough I didn't fit and would have to leave. Guy came and got me to fit.

Can I ask your build? I'm super concerned about the new rides since I was there last - FoP, RotR, and SDD. I'm super chunky, at 5'4" and 275 lbs. Only thing I've had problems with in the past was 7DMT which I fit but it was really really tight.

Can I ask your build? I'm super concerned about the new rides since I was there last - FoP, RotR, and SDD. I'm super chunky, at 5'4" and 275 lbs. Only thing I've had problems with in the past was 7DMT which I fit but it was really really tight.

DH was the one w problem. DH is 6ft 340 but not big big ya know? Size 13 shoes. The restraint was pushed into place after his shoes were allowed to be taken off, which the cast members hated him for doing but a manger allowed. He was so embarrassed we got a refund for DAK AH and left.

What is the restraint for RoR? A seatbelt?

Its more of an inverted U-shape bar. My problem with this ride isn't the seat but the bar. I have a hard time with fitting into it comfortably. Thank goodness that it is a short ride. My knees always hurt afterward. I'm 5' 8.5" (and yes, I'm holding onto that 1/2 inch, LOL) and weigh about 330.

Its more of an inverted U-shape bar. My problem with this ride isn't the seat but the bar. I have a hard time with fitting into it comfortably. Thank goodness that it is a short ride. My knees always hurt afterward. I'm 5' 8.5" (and yes, I'm holding onto that 1/2 inch, LOL) and weigh about 330.

Everyone said its a seatbelt. Wheres the U shaped bar? Saw photos, no clue what you're talking about

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!