THE FINAL CHAPTER, Jazzy

chris1gill

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Hi Everyone,

I deleted the previous message, it was getting too long!!!

You won't all believe this, BUT.... my seat was delivered today by FEDEX, and I'm all set!!! Not only that, Pride said I could keep the old seat!! What I'm gonna do with it I don't know, but I am very surprised, since that is a very expensive seat no matter how you look at it!!

Well, I'm very happy with Pride, and my new Jazzy & I are READY TO GO!! WOOHOO!!!

[This message was edited by chris1gill on 01-17-01 at 01:24 PM.]

In case they don't check the board, you might e-mail one of the people who posted to your previous message, they may be able to help!

galc.gif

"My brain takes a vacation just to give my heart more room..."
teri@iluvdisney.com

I am surprised you didn't have to pick it up at the dealer's. My dealer for my girls chair always checks everything from the seat depth to the footrest to make sure everything fits right if not he keeps it until it does. I would think that the seat you ordered cost more then the standard seat. Call your dealer first thing tomorrow and keep us informed.

Oh one more thing try not to make yourself sick spinning in circles in that chair I tried one out one time and loved how it turned around.

Most dealers can come to your home for set up (they just don't usually volunteer that info). They do need to set it up to make sure everything is right. When my dd got her last 2 chairs, we had the dealer bring it to school and set it up.
Try calling the dealer first thing tomorrow or Tues (not sure if they will be open tomorrow for Martin Luther King Day) and let them know it is not right. If they are not cooperative, you can also call your insurance company or whoever is paying for it to let them know it is not acceptable to you the way it is. Let them put pressure on the dealer for you.

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES
cinderella08.gif
ˇ

I called the dealer's this morning & talked to a rep that couldn't access my file, but he said that since the back is a medium & I did order a highback, the seats would most likely be swapped. He couldn't tell me if they or pride made the mistake with the seat depth, but all I can say is, it wasn't "my" mistake... so it looks like they'll be swapping the seat out at no cost, and I'll go ahead & order the 18" width as well.. I should have more definitive answers tomorrow when they and Pride are officially open for business!!

I read some other posts about flying with the powerchair... it seems like a dangerous proposition? I'm not sure if we will do that or not... that'll be a bummer... I was really hoping we could bring it on our next trip... maybe we will drive afterall... for safety sake!! I'll let you all know how it works out tomorrow!!

We have not traveled yet with our dd's power chair, but I don't think it's such a difficult sitaution. Why don't you ask the dealer when you talk to them again how to do it. Or try the Jazzy/Pride website and email them a question.

SueM in MN
cinderella08.gif
ˇ

Excellent news, Chris! :)
Throw the bum out! :)
Hope you enjoy your new seat, and everything works out well.

galc.gif

"My brain takes a vacation just to give my heart more room..."
teri@iluvdisney.com

I saw the update in your first post. Glad to hear everything went well and that salesman won't be causing problems for you any more!

SueM in MN
cinderella08.gif
ˇ

Chris,
Go to Pride Mobility website and fire off a note to Terri R in the Jazzy Forum. Terri has experience with travelling with her Jazzy. In fact, she has been to WDW with it.
I have had nothing but good experiences with Pride Mobility and my Jazzy.

Lisa

Pooh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter