The Final Mickey's Backyard BBQ at Fort Wilderness

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
.... in its current location, that is. This was recorded on 12/31/18. It is going to be demolished some time soon to make way for the new Reflections Resort and DVC previously announced to be built on the site of the old River Country remains. The BBQ Pavilion is adjacent to RC.

Anyway, while answering another post, I came across the video of the last Mickey's Backyard BBQ in its current location behind Pioneer Hall. It should be shared for posterity's sake. It comes courtesy of MouseSteps / JWL Media in their Mouseteps Weekly episode. The BBQ is the first several minutes.

And the FINAL finale (the song they always close with), "Happy Trails":

Here is their YouTube website which has a lot more video:

https://www.youtube.com/user/JeffLangeDVD/featured

Bama Ed

PS - the original plans years ago for a resort on the old River Country property showed the BBQ pavilion being taken down as well but a new one being built behind the Settlement Trading Post. I wonder if that is still in the long-term plans meaning it was a "see you soon" kind of moment above instead of a "farewell" kind of moment...

Last edited:
We're staying at Fort Wilderness for the first time this summer. Part of the reason we're staying here is because I wanted to check out all the dining and entertainment it has to offer, including Mickey's Backyard BBQ. I'm disappointed it's ending, but I can't help but hope it will make a reappearance. I feel like, for Disney, the cost isn't too high to offer this, and the demand is there.

Hoping they will bring it back to the fort, but maybe in an air conditioned facility next time. I had wanted to try it, but not in the summer.

I atually didnt know this ,and it was on my to do list because it was on sight. Oh well. I can make a bbq, kido will have to settle for the camp movie instead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter