The fort sure wasn't peaceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flash828

Mouseketeer
Just returned from a week and half trip down to the Fort. All I can say is it sure wasn't the peaceful place we were used to in the past few years. 3 of the full hook up loops had parties going from the locals. Golf carts were getting kinda obnoxious, honking, yelling. Skateboards and even a little (Electric?) Motorbike down the pet walk. We didn't care too much since its probably a one off, but it wasn't too family friendly. Anyone experience a not so friendly fort?

Plenty of reports in the past, flash828, but usually from locals in the Tent loops on weekends in fall and spring who cram multiple cars and families onto those bigger campsite pads in loop 2000.

Sorry your trip was not as "magical" this time around.

Bama Ed

Just returned from a week and half trip down to the Fort. All I can say is it sure wasn't the peaceful place we were used to in the past few years. 3 of the full hook up loops had parties going from the locals. Golf carts were getting kinda obnoxious, honking, yelling. Skateboards and even a little (Electric?) Motorbike down the pet walk. We didn't care too much since its probably a one off, but it wasn't too family friendly. Anyone experience a not so friendly fort?

Sorry for your experience, but fear that this will be more of what we can expect in the future as Disney makes rules but enforces them less and less. We have seen many rules broken (in parks and property wide) but Disney turns the other way rather than confronting a paying guest. Limiting cars at individual sites has been a joke for years. We've seen visitors in adjoining site park their cars well up into the bushes/trees.
(makes me wonder if new rules in parks are being enforced)

It seems as though Disney is conducting some sort of twisted experiment at Ft Wilderness.... where they replace a wholesome, charming, pleasant experience with mayhem (total lack of rule enforcement), loops that look like parking lots, removal of much-loved areas (Backyard BBQ, Clementine's beach, etc) and removal of Cast Members who care. And then for a little extra fun, they double, and then triple the rates. Hmm....

We have our trip booked for next month. We are seriously considering letting this trip be a one-and-done for the Fort. This decision is based primarily on pricing, as Disney's prices are going up faster than our salaries, and the campsites even more. Having said that, if we find what the OP is reporting, that will basically seal the decision for us.

Definitely the norm these days. Happens much more frequently than in the past. Could become more prevalent as families share the rising cost of the campsites. In addition to the "Premium Meadows Campsites" perhaps Disney should create a "Family Group Campsite" Loop and try to put these large groups all together. There would have to be some incentives, and rules that Disney follows to make it work, but it could be a step in the right direction. Or create a "Party Loop", charge extra for it, have a looping adult beverage cart, and serve smores at night-LOL!

Tbh, as long as they make money, they will not care. The camping is second to there bottem line. If your not going to the parks , buying there food etc. I have not atually been to the fort yet, but in todays world its all about money. Disney was made to be an afordable familly place, they somehow lost there way. We go to recreate the magic , the stuff we had as kids going there. They joy , excitement. Now theres to many people and who knows what the future holds. Enjoy it, whatever "it" is while it lasts.

Ah yes the it the all about me generation as long as i'm getting my moneys worth I really don't care about anybody else....Just simply sad no respect for anybody else these day's. I have seen this at the fort many times...And just think all for $200 a night what a deal!

We were there from the 12th through the 21st, peaceful and friendly as ever except for one night of drunken golf cart racers.

We were staying in 1200 loop and loved it.

Forgot about that...a car parked for 3 days at golf cart spot outside the 1800 loop comfort station.
I saw some jerk woman park her car at the 15 minute spot across from the trading post and then they all got out and went to the pool. Saw the car in the same spot 3 hours later.

Last edited:
Disney was made to be an afordable familly place, they somehow lost there way.

That was never what The Walt Disney Company or Disneyworld was “made for”. Walt himself was profit motivated and was fortunate to be able to create a company that allowed him to do what he enjoyed in conjunction with making money.

Fort Wilderness is far less peaceful than it used to be and the low price is exactly the reason why. The large groups and problems that used to be contained in the tent loops have now bled over into the premium and preferred loops because the sites are too cheap. Disney should increase prices so that those who can afford it can enjoy The Fort like it was years ago before the whole place became available for those of a lower socio-economic class.

That was never what The Walt Disney Company or Disneyworld was “made for”. Walt himself was profit motivated and was fortunate to be able to create a company that allowed him to do what he enjoyed in conjunction with making money.

Fort Wilderness is far less peaceful than it used to be and the low price is exactly the reason why. The large groups and problems that used to be contained in the tent loops have now bled over into the premium and preferred loops because the sites are too cheap. Disney should increase prices so that those who can afford it can enjoy The Fort like it was years ago before the whole place became available for those of a lower socio-economic class.

DynaTravel-I sure hope this is a joke that I am just not understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter