The Fort Wilderness DISMeet Poll

Read post #1 below. WHEN Would You Be Interested In A FW DISMeet?

• October 2019

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May 2020

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • October 2020

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Either month in 2020

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Either year in October

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • All three dates would work for me

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Coincidentally, the group that will be at GSP in May/June this year will all be together on day 499 before the proposed DISMeet 2020 at the Fort. I can see us all at Ed's site, working on the puzzle, on hold with the WDW reservation line trying to book the same dates.

j

Or the first one to get through can make their reservation and then pass the phone to the next person (same CM)....and so on.....and so on. :rotfl2:

Ooops wait, folks. It goes by the CHECK-OUT date. For many of us at the DIS Rendezvous that will be sometime in the week AFTER we get home from Gulf Shores.

Somebody check my math....

Ooops wait, folks. It goes by the CHECK-OUT date. For many of us at the DIS Rendezvous that will be sometime in the week AFTER we get home from Gulf Shores.

Somebody check my math....

Still shooting for Columbus Day or sometime that week right?

Dang!

Sheriff Denise doin' work! Posts move like MAGIC!

Stupid how that works, huh? :crazy:

Gotta eat dinner, rajak, then I'll come back and respond.

Got some salmon that just came out of the oven!

Bama Ed

Lemon pepper is a magical spice on fish IMO. Okay back to the point at hand.

Okay, I'm gonna go real slow for all the University of Auburn fans out there. :cheer2:

Disney's reservation booking rules are that you can call and reserve over the phone for a reservation up to 500 days FROM YOUR CHECK OUT DAY. In other words, your entire reservation must fit inside a 500 day (499 night) window.

Let's look at the October 2020 calendar. Monday the 12th is Columbus Day (the target week).

Screenshot 2019-04-05 at 8.18.19 PM.png

Let's say you want to leave on Saturday October 17, 2020 (after checking in earlier in the week). The Disney calculator works off when you want to CHECK OUT.

Let's use this website to show 10/17/20 and subtract 500 days as the earliest to check IN:

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadded.html?m1=10&d1=17&y1=2020&type=sub&ay=&am=&aw=&ad=500&rec=

Screenshot 2019-04-05 at 8.22.40 PM.png

which takes us back to early June to check in.

By that time we'll all be home from Gulf. Which I think is kinda a good thing because I can see all the personalities coming out all being co-located at the same time attempting to book a Fort site for Oct 2020.

It would be kinda like an episode of the Survivor TV show. :happytv:

Bama Ed

PS - I mean the morning puzzle work is pretty cut throat all ready fer cryin' out loud. I've long suspected tiggerdad of pocketing puzzle pieces to throw me off and ruin my OC-DC. :scared1:

PPS - PaHunter brought some banana nut bread last year one morning IIRC which can sway the judges. :rolleyes: I've heard thru the grapevine that chocolate chip cookies work wonders too.

Dang!

Sheriff Denise doin' work! Posts move like MAGIC!

Stupid how that works, huh? :crazy:

Bama Ed
Yes, they belong here. The OP of the other thread was deserving of their happiness of being able to go back to The Fort after 5 years. No need to rain on their parade.

Yes, they belong here. The OP of the other thread was deserving of their happiness of being able to go back to The Fort after 5 years. No need to rain on their parade.

Oh I fully agree. Plus this is a bump on this thread for folks that may not have seen it at the time the poll ran.

ED

Is anyone planning on heading down on the 9th/10th? I'm thinking I'm going to aim to be there for the 9th...it's my last big work weekend so if I can work from the Fort, it will make it far less stressful :)

I plan in coming in no later than Saturday the 10th. A lot depends on how many other trips I take next year and how much vacation time DW has. 9 days is the least I like to stay. If I can, I may try to push it to 2 full weeks.

j

I'm planning on arriving the week of the 5th, so 2 full weeks also

We will try to squeeze in the weekend of 10/9-10/12 as we already have planned to go for Halloween 10/29-11/2. Would love to see everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!