The future of SSR....

lisaviolet

DIS Veteran
I understand that this is mere speculation. And that no one has a crystal ball.

What do you all think about the future value of SSR?

Well my exact question is I know that SSR will probably not keep on par $$$ wise with a new resort like CRV....obviously. But do you think that SSR will keep or extend its value beyond the current buying in price?

Can you ever see it dropping below its current value? I mean in the near future not in 2052.

Opinions/Sheer guesses?

I think it's value will go up especially when they open the TS restaurant and people begin to appreciate all the resort has to offer.

I think it will settle in between BCV, BWV, VWL and OKW. It will have a higher value than OKW because it's newer, and as it matures it will be well-received.

However, I think in the next few years it will still stay below the value of BCV and BWV. The location and small size of those resorts will keep them in high demand. I think VWL falls in that category as well since the owners there seem passionate about it, but I think it lags slightly behind BCV & BWV.

As for pricing, I think Disney will dictate that. I don't see SSR resales climbing greatly, not like the climbing that the other resorts did in their first 5 years.

Contemporary will skyrocket above everybody else though. And AKL will be only slightly behind that if either of these ever come true. :tink:

Well said, Klaubaugh! The location of BWV and BC will keep them at the top of the list and the CRV ,if it happens, will be up there. too. Your placement of SSR was, IMHO ,accurate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!