The future of the Star Wars land and other park related Star Wars stuff

sachilles

DVC coming to this space soon
Just thought I'd start a catch all for rumors and news on Star Wars in park stuff.

What is the consensus of success now that RotR is open in Florida?

I know many thought that when the land opened in California and again in Florida with just Smuggler's run open, that it wasn't nearly as busy as they expected.

Has RotR reversed that thought?

The ride is running at reduced capacity. Some report the capacity as 1700 guests an hour if it's fully operational(insert Palpatine voice). The assumed capacity is approximately 1000/hour right now.
Park hours as of now, 7am-9pm. That is 14 hours of running so that means 14,000 people get to experience the new ride(with any luck).
What is the capacity of DHS?
Boarding groups are reported to contain 100+ people, and they've been having trouble getting beyond 90 groups on a given day. Those metrics suggest about 10,000 people get to ride per day(714/hour).

Early reports seemed that other rides in DHS seemed to have shorter lines as a result of the opening, but it looks to me as crowd levels are increasing for Christmas, the other rides are hitting their normal wait times.

Most reviews of the ride while working are very good. The crowds have increased to a point that it has created other logistical hurdles for park operations to deal with....like parking lot opening times, bag check opening times, and early openings. I've also just seen reports of earlier opening of the skyliner and minnie vans.

Despite the initial reliability of RotR, it seems folks are willing to work hard and get up early on vacation just to get a chance to get on the ride once.

So, where do you all see this trending?
What do you think RotR will do to California?
Is expansion a real possibility?

What happens with Star Tours?

What does Galaxy's edge need that it doesn't already have?

What rumors are emerging in terms of the reliability concerns of RotR?

Are Boarding groups the wave of the future for E ticket rides?

Operational questions are likely best for the SWGE subforum.

In terms of rumors there is a lull with that mostly due to the fact the land is fresh and new and the second ride just opened. Star Tours will eventually make way for something else. What it is who knows yet. There are always things being worked on it’s a matter of what moves past blue sky.

Operational questions are likely best for the SWGE subforum.

In terms of rumors there is a lull with that mostly due to the fact the land is fresh and new and the second ride just opened. Star Tours will eventually make way for something else. What it is who knows yet. There are always things being worked on it’s a matter of what moves past blue sky.
Launch bay will inevitably make way for something else as well. I know the animation courtyard area has been the subject of some (probably wishful) expansion rumors

Disney needs to turn it’s focus to DAK before expanding SWGE or DHS in general. Even with Pandora that park is still lacking in rides/attractions.

We were watching the imagineering story on Disney+ last night and they were doing the DAK/Pandora thing and also DHS/SWGE thing and that's when DH and I both turned to each other and said DHS has now surpassed AK on our list. Hollywood Studios was a 1/2 day at best while AK was a full day park. We both noticed that we had yet to go see Pandora at night, but mostly due to complete lack of interest, where we have now been to Galaxy's Edge at night twice.

It boggles my mind that anyone could find Pandora better than SWGE. There is literally nothing to do in Pandora (which is TINY to boot) outside of the two rides. And FoP makes me violently nauseous. I think the ride concept is great but it's unrideable for me....even with prescription anti-nausea meds. Galaxy's Edge is more interesting, has more to see and do has better shops and CM's, better rides, and better food. I cannot wait to see what it expands to in the future!

It boggles my mind that anyone could find Pandora better than SWGE. There is literally nothing to do in Pandora (which is TINY to boot) outside of the two rides. And FoP makes me violently nauseous. I think the ride concept is great but it's unrideable for me....even with prescription anti-nausea meds. Galaxy's Edge is more interesting, has more to see and do has better shops and CM's, better rides, and better food. I cannot wait to see what it expands to in the future!
I love both for what they are. Though I completely disagree that there is nothing to do in Pandora. Many say there isn’t much to do in SWGE. In Pandora you have on of the best quick service restaurants in WDW. You have the drum show for entertainment and of course two attractions. The shop has some unique items and Pongu Pongu has some good stuff too. SWGE of course is larger but both fit their respective parks well.

I love both for what they are. Though I completely disagree that there is nothing to do in Pandora. Many say there isn’t much to do in SWGE. In Pandora you have on of the best quick service restaurants in WDW. You have the drum show for entertainment and of course two attractions. The shop has some unique items and Pongu Pongu has some good stuff too. SWGE of course is larger but both fit their respective parks well.

I get it but we have found both our visits to Satuli Canteen to be underwhelming at best and disappointing at worst. I did enjoy the little show with the drums and the dude in the mech suit but if you didn't know about them you'd miss them. At least the app allows you to interact with SWGE which we spent not enough time doing.

Pandora is pretty, and the back river ride is BEAUTIFUL...but Galaxys Edge is our favorite by a country mile. YMMV

After our most recent visit - we purposely waited until sone new stuff was opened to come back - I just can’t believe they built these huge themed lands with only 2-3 attractions per. What a waste, IMO. Are there plans to add more?

And please no more slow moving dark rides! Snore. The existing ones in MK are classics and have nostalgic value - but why add more? like that beautiful, but boring, river attraction in Pandora? Is that worth waiting 45 minutes for?

I get it but we have found both our visits to Satuli Canteen to be underwhelming at best and disappointing at worst. I did enjoy the little show with the drums and the dude in the mech suit but if you didn't know about them you'd miss them. At least the app allows you to interact with SWGE which we spent not enough time doing.

Pandora is pretty, and the back river ride is BEAUTIFUL...but Galaxys Edge is our favorite by a country mile. YMMV

Have not been to either park since July and we love both - will say that as far as Satu'li, you might be in the minority - usually gets very favorable reviews - it's probably our fave spot in wdw and that includes many ts restaurants - but to each their own -

Have not been to either park since July and we love both - will say that as far as Satu'li, you might be in the minority - usually gets very favorable reviews - it's probably our fave spot in wdw and that includes many ts restaurants - but to each their own -

Yep...people LOVE Satu'li so we are for sure in the minority. Our first visit (a year ago) it was chaos, filthy, and the food was so meh. Second visit (last week) was quieter, and "less" filthy, but the food was less than meh.

After our most recent visit - we purposely waited until sone new stuff was opened to come back - I just can’t believe they built these huge themed lands with only 2-3 attractions per. What a waste, IMO. Are there plans to add more?

And please no more slow moving dark rides! Snore. The existing ones in MK are classics and have nostalgic value - but why add more? like that beautiful, but boring, river attraction in Pandora? Is that worth waiting 45 minutes for?
The attractions per land isn’t a Disney thing either universal IP lands don’t have much more than that.

Dark rides are about story telling and have their place. They’ll do more when they feel necessary. They aren’t boring to everyone.

Yep...people LOVE Satu'li so we are for sure in the minority. Our first visit (a year ago) it was chaos, filthy, and the food was so meh. Second visit (last week) was quieter, and "less" filthy, but the food was less than meh.
I’m honestly kind of shocked by the filthy part. I’ve been in it several times as it’s a must do and I’ve never seen it filthy. Certainly have seen it busy. I also like that it has more unique options. I’ll gladly go their for a green beer and blueberry cheesecake alone.

I’m honestly kind of shocked by the filthy part. I’ve been in it several times as it’s a must do and I’ve never seen it filthy. Certainly have seen it busy. I also like that it has more unique options. I’ll gladly go their for a green beer and blueberry cheesecake alone.

I was shocked too. It is always so highly praised.

The attractions per land isn’t a Disney thing either universal IP lands don’t have much more than that.

Dark rides are about story telling and have their place. They’ll do more when they feel necessary. They aren’t boring to everyone.
What does Universal have to do with this discussion?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter