The future of the Star Wars land and other park related Star Wars stuff

I really like pandora having been a few times, and only watched the movie last night (it was fine, but nothing special imo). I’m so excited for galaxys edge, but as previous posters have said, pandora fits the purpose of its park well and helped extend the hours into the night. I also think AK is the best themed park I’ve ever been to. I’m interested to see how DHS will feel now that it’s “finished” for the time being, especially once runaway railway opens

Disney needs to turn it’s focus to DAK before expanding SWGE or DHS in general. Even with Pandora that park is still lacking in rides/attractions.
That's not the point of AK, it doesn't need more rides. It may need more attractions that focus on various animal centric items but it needs to remain more informative than any of the other parks.

After watching Imagineering I do think that perhaps we will see more droids in the future, as the AI gets tweaked and more testing is done, and of course they can tweak the datapad games and storylines as they like.

As for Pandora vs. SW:GE; I'm a fan of both movie groups, loved Avatar (and can't wait for the sequels) and loved the original SW trilogy (and enjoy the rest). I like both lands (esp. the ambient sounds in both), but as for sheer enjoyment, give me Pandora. I adore the waterfalls, the floating mountains, and the ambiance at night. FoP is still my favorite ride (I've not done Rise yet, but I'm just betting that I will really enjoy it, but I fell in love with FoP), I eat at Satu'li whenever I'm there, and I like Windtraders and look forward to a ride on NRJ every time.

I like Black Spire just fine, but it doesn't transport me out of the theme park mindset, whereas Pandora does. The landscape doesn't suit me like Pandora, but I do enjoy the interactions with the CM's, and I'm sure Rise will wow me. I think both lands are money well spent and each adds to my enjoyment of the parks, but Pandora tugs on me 'til I make a reservation for my next trip to visit. lol

I've yet to experience Galaxy's edge yet, but will in the spring.
I'm a huge fan of Animal Kingdom, and really enjoy Pandora, especially at night. I wouldn't be upset if they expanded it, as I do think it's relatively small. Flight of passage certainly has maintained it's popularity, but I've heard that they can not always run all theatres at once. If that is true, if at full capacity, I wonder how the lines would fare. I do think the front of the park on the dinosaur side could use another attraction that is compatible with night time operations.

Galaxy's edge in Florida does have an expansion area available. Any rumor or guess what a 3rd attraction would be if they ever went in that direction. You already have a sim, and new tech ride. Do you go with a simple, stable tech attraction, or try something else cutting edge. Some sort of stage show?

And please no more slow moving dark rides! Snore. The existing ones in MK are classics and have nostalgic value - but why add more? like that beautiful, but boring, river attraction in Pandora? Is that worth waiting 45 minutes for?

:scared1::scared1::scared1::eek::eek::eek::faint::faint::faint:

You brought up lands having only 2-3 attractions. I was just showing that it’s not only Disney that does such. It’s just the way these lands are done.

Oh now I see where you made the connection. Yes I would agree for HP and SW that the avid fan base and exhaustingly detailed books and movies about these alternate worlds make it fun to visit those lands for their respective fans regardless of number of rides available. I just don’t know if that carries over through multiple visits for anyone except the truly devoted.

I know for us, being HP fans, but not “omg I wish I was a wizard” level fans, HP lands were amazing on first visit to see it come to life but not something you can experience at that same level of interest over and over unless you’re really into it. Re-visits are more about the attractions unless we have a newbie along.

In defense of "Dark Rides," I love the fact that WDW includes rides that all ages, heights, tastes and physical conditions can enjoy together. I think SWGE would benefit from a ride / show / attraction everyone can do. And even a Dark Ride without height requirements or health warnings could have a fun, immersive story, cool animatronics, etc.

I don’t ride most of the rides. But as someone with a couple concussions that I still have issues from, I love the dark rides. Sometimes it’s a nice reset for me.

And please no more slow moving dark rides! Snore. The existing ones in MK are classics and have nostalgic value - but why add more? like that beautiful, but boring, river attraction in Pandora? Is that worth waiting 45 minutes for?

Completely disagree here. Yes, the river ride is quite boring compared to most Disney dark rides, but in general they have many benefits: They're relaxing, great for all ages, AIR-CONDITIONED and a great way to just unwind from a lot of the busy things going on inside a theme park. (For that reason I wish the River Journey was actually longer, as soon as you get to a good part, it's over!)

Completely disagree here. Yes, the river ride is quite boring compared to most Disney dark rides, but in general they have many benefits: They're relaxing, great for all ages, AIR-CONDITIONED and a great way to just unwind from a lot of the busy things going on inside a theme park. (For that reason I wish the River Journey was actually longer, as soon as you get to a good part, it's over!)

I like NRJ but I do think they could plus it up a little. A couple of spots could use an animatronic, like the panther creature - just something to add a little to it. It could be perfect with a few extra touches.

After our most recent visit - we purposely waited until sone new stuff was opened to come back - I just can’t believe they built these huge themed lands with only 2-3 attractions per. What a waste, IMO. Are there plans to add more?

I believe there is room for expansion. Wizarding World of Harry Potter also started out much smaller, with only a couple rides.

After watching Imagineering I do think that perhaps we will see more droids in the future, as the AI gets tweaked and more testing is done, and of course they can tweak the datapad games and storylines as they like.

I'm also hoping for some roaming droids in Galaxy's Edge!

I definitely think there is room for expansion and they probably will add more to both. There were areas that seems designed as expansion pads for both Pandora and GE. Think GE was even rumored to have 3 rides so assume they are holding off on the third one for a future expansion.
As for HP comparison I think it is apt. While it does kind of suck that these newer lands at parks are large areas with few attractions the overall quality and immersion levels are worth it I feel. Yes the big fans of respective franchises will get more out of them but the immersion really helps get everyone into the environment and story. The popularity and rising attendance these lands bring seems to be the future of parks and I think that's alright. People are paying to get immersed into these stories and worlds, not just ride a ride. If someone is just looking for an abundance of rides then a regional park like Cedar Fair or Six Flags would be a better choice.

I’d love to see them do something with Hoth (one of the most universally loved worlds/settings in the saga). Even something simple (e.g. rebel battlefield trench
as jungle gym for kids) could be very cool...

Last edited:
I think the river ride besides the AA at the end is a bit underwhelming and not worth the long wait imo. That being said, the dark rides are some of my favorite that Disney has to offer (haunted mansion in particular is a masterpiece after 50 years) and I think if they’re given more budget to create they can make that level of dark ride today. Mystic manor in Hong Kong being the best example

I think the river ride besides the AA at the end is a bit underwhelming and not worth the long wait imo. That being said, the dark rides are some of my favorite that Disney has to offer (haunted mansion in particular is a masterpiece after 50 years) and I think if they’re given more budget to create they can make that level of dark ride today. Mystic manor in Hong Kong being the best example
Pirates in Shanghai is another great example of what they can do also.

Last edited:
Does anyone know about what time the boarding groups have been closing each day? Trying to plan for my marathon weekend trip.

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter