The future point overload just got MUCH worse

I went to Universal and my daughter had a grand time! We stayed at Royal Pacific and had front of the line, early entry and a lovely room.

However, there was little to nothing for me to do. I'm older and don't do intense motion rides. I did enjoy some things but other than the Harry Potter theming, it wasn't my cup of tea.

We ate at many of the food venues and they were all okay. Nothing I'm dying to repeat.

I did find that the team members at Universal were all very nice and accommodating. Other than Harry Potter, it wasn't crowded.

Since we stayed longer than our original ticket, we upgraded to an AP. I went back on my own on a subsequent trip and had very few experiences - a few shows, a few character meet and greets - sort of and I happened upon the Blues Bros doing their show in the street, and loved it.

Will I go back? Not unless it is part of a trip with others - family or friends - where otherwise I would have to separate from my group. I would go and hang out and hold peoples stuff while they rode the rides....

I agree with your review of US. It has been several years since we have been there and I'm still not ready to go back. We went a couple of years after HP opened and before the 2nd half was added. To me Universal isn't wholesome like WDW, I just don't get the same vibe from Universal as I do for WDW. Just not my cup of tea. :thumbsup2

We would always end up changing our dining reservations because they conflicted with our fast passes. I’m not terribly sad to see fast passes go. The after-hours gone is going to be disappointing. I assume they will shortly announce cancellation of the Halloween party and the F&W festival.

Someone posted they will not be canceling the Halloween party...

I don’t see how they can hold it. No parades. No stage shows. No fireworks. No special character meet and greets. Just trick or treating and the same attractions you can access during the day. Nothing that makes the party special.

I just can't figure out what the draw will be.

Consider:

1. They have typically cast the castle stage show by now and are in rehearsals. Obviously... not so much right now. No auditions since March, let alone contracts and rehearsals. You cannot assume they can bring back last year's full cast. So, no big entertainment. They start today on something, it won't be ready mid-August. This is even assuming they'd be okay with a stage show for party when they won't for day guests.

2. If they aren't doing parades or fireworks in a limited capacity park with abbreviated hours, are they really going to bring them out for the party?

3. No character meets right now really trashes all the "rare character" events.

I'm not finding the draw save that it's a little bit like having two "sessions" for reservation at MK while on limited capacity. But call it what it is, not a Halloween Party.

I just can't figure out what the draw will be.

Consider:

1. They have typically cast the castle stage show by now and are in rehearsals. Obviously... not so much right now. No auditions since March, let alone contracts and rehearsals. You cannot assume they can bring back last year's full cast. So, no big entertainment. They start today on something, it won't be ready mid-August. This is even assuming they'd be okay with a stage show for party when they won't for day guests.

2. If they aren't doing parades or fireworks in a limited capacity park with abbreviated hours, are they really going to bring them out for the party?

3. No character meets right now really trashes all the "rare character" events.

I'm not finding the draw save that it's a little bit like having two "sessions" for reservation at MK while on limited capacity. But call it what it is, not a Halloween Party.
It would be like Disney After Hours with the castle lit up. It would be a way for locals to access WDW since it sounds like they will be locked out otherwise. We typically don’t have any interest but we may buy tickets in September if they sell them just to get a few more hours in the park.

I don’t see how they can hold it. No parades. No stage shows. No fireworks. No special character meet and greets. Just trick or treating and the same attractions you can access during the day. Nothing that makes the party special.

Maybe greatly reduce tickets sold and turn into a themed night with a small attendance. That could be special and perhaps even a draw for enough.

It would be like Disney After Hours with the castle lit up. It would be a way for locals to access WDW since it sounds like they will be locked out otherwise. We typically don’t have any interest but we may buy tickets in September if they sell them just to get a few more hours in the park.

I mean, without the show, just call it a DAH and call that good.

I'm still using some of my points this year (at this point at least) but not as many as I had originally booked. Went from a 9 day trip in early October to a 7 day in early December (less point per day and less days). No FP won't make me cancel, less people less need for FP. If they don't bring back ADRs then I'll be watching to see how others trips are going without ADRs and getting to go to the restaurants they want. My biggest sadness with the ADRs is pre-opening character buffets.

I rescheduled my trip when I assumed no F&W. Only reason I'd cancel is if Christmas is cancelled (not the party but the decorations) and I don't get park tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!