• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Gang's Back Together Again-December 2021 PTR

Tink0812

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! We officially leave for our trip in 60 days so what better time to post our pre-trip report! I must preface by saying that, while I have completed a few different trip reports and pre-trip reports in my time on the Dis, I am no professional. Let's jump right in with the introductions!

First, yours truly! My name is Amber and I am a 31-year old single mother that resides in central Illinois. I am a Registered Nurse and I just took on a side gig as a Disney Travel Planner for Destination Magic. This will be my 19th trip to Walt Disney World. My favorite park is Animal Kingdom. My favorite ride is Kilimanjaro Safari. My favorite show is Festival of the Lion King (it was previously Illuminations, RIP). My favorite character is Tinkerbell. I don't claim a favorite restaurant because I enjoy trying new places and I feel like Disney is always changing. My favorite resort is Riviera but Old Key West and Wilderness Lodge fall in close behind.

Next up is my DD, Natalia. She is 5 and this will be her 5th trip to Walt Disney World. I really enjoy seeing Disney through her eyes and watching her develop the same love that I have for it. Her favorite park is Magic Kingdom. Her favorite ride is Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad. Her favorite show is the bird show in Animal Kingdom. Her favorite character changes on a daily basis but right now she is obsessed with Raya, Moana, and Rapunzel. Her favorite restaurant is Be Our Guest and her favorite resort is Art of Animation.

Then comes my dad, the main planner behind this trip. You may know him as Tigger's Ally on here. This is somewhere in the neighborhood of his mid-30's trip to Walt Disney World. If I had to guess, his favorite park is probably Epcot. I'm not sure what is favorite ride or show is now. I feel like all of the recent developments at WDW have changed his favorites. Tigger is his favorite character (hence his Disboards name). Like me, he doesn't really have a favorite restaurant because we enjoy trying new places and new things. His favorite resort is probably either Riviera or Old Key West. My mom has been to WDW almost as much as my dad but not quite. She loves going to Walt Disney World but wants no part in the planning. Her favorite park is Magic Kingdom. Her favorite ride is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Her favorite show is Festival of the Lion King. Pooh Bear is her favorite character. She also really likes Rafiki. She doesn't really claim a favorite restaurant or resort

It has been a couple of years since you have seen my brother Ryne on a trip with us. He last went in 2018. We have lost count on how many trips he has been on but probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-12. I can't really attest to any of his favorites but I do know that they change with every trip. This time around, his GF Kimberlyn will be joining us. This will be her very first trip to Walt Disney World and we absolutely cannot wait to introduce her to our "home". She is super pumped to go too! Ryne and Kimberlyn will be joining us for the first half of the trip.

Also joining us for the first half of the trip will be my other brother, Kyle. He has not been to Walt Disney World since his high school graduation trip in 2011. He went to college out of state and has lived out of state for quite some time. His job and location have prohibited him from joining us on several trips. He is excited to finally get to come along this time.

Now that we have the introductions out of the way, let's get to the details of the trip!

When: December 4th-10th 2021 (Ryne, Kyle, and Kimberlyn will be with us from the 4th-7th)
Where: 3 nights at Old Key West in a 2-bedroom villa, 2 nights at Saratoga Springs in a 1-bedroom villa, and 1 night at the Contemporary with a theme park view
How: We are flying this time around and utilizing Disney's Magical Express One last time

My brothers and Kimberlyn have two day park hopper tickets while my parents, DD, and I have 4-day park hopper tickets. My parents and I will also be attending Drawn to Life at Disney Springs. Stay tuned for our itinerary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter