The Golf Cart Thread

Hmmmm..................I just aint in that much of a hurry!! But I would like to add a little speed to my cart....Im gonna go out and gps it tomorrow to see what the top speed on it is...it seems to be doing about 17ish...Id like 25-30.

Any opinions I was thanking about taking my cart apart again and having the body shot with bed liner spray.

We joined the cart owners cult last Friday!

DSC03044.jpg

Thats a sweet cart...

This weekend we couldn't get into the fort so we we to Ocala. I saw people launching Jet Ski's and one guy Launch a small ( 17 ish foot ) boat with a Cart. They were Gas but still.. It was a very light incline which I'm sure made a difference. I didn't think they had the weight etc. to do it without having the front tires come off the ground.

Nice cart!!!! Kind of a midnight blackout theme goin on there.

I added a little speaker system to it today for an iPod.....noting fancy at all...just something I already had laying around the house...but I now have tunes!!! OHhh..I added a vanity plate yesterday...
100_3440.jpg

Wow, you've done a lot with your cart Rog! Have you posted pics that I missed?? Or are you waiting until its complete before posting?

We plan on putting some speakers in for the ipod too. I just havent found any small ones that I want to buy yet...I probably should look on ebay.

Wow, you've done a lot with your cart Rog! Have you posted pics that I missed?? Or are you waiting until it complete before posting?

We plan on putting some speakers in for the ipod too. I just havent found any small ones that I want to buy yet...I probably should look on ebay.

I did post some...Funny story about my ipod speakers. Walmart had these camping chairs with speakers built into the arms and a pocket for any size mp3 player with all the wiring running through the arms,etc. I just stripped the chair and drilled a couple of holes for wires in the glove boxes, I installed one of the titanium dash covers with 4 cupholders, well the speakers were the perfect size for the 2 smaller cupholders.The batterypack for powering the speakers is in the glove box(it has a key lock) and I simply turn on the ipod, throw it on shuffle and throw it in the glove box too...instant tunes!!
Here's some pics of the cart(pre-speakers, I havent photo'd the speakers yet) GeckGhost

Very cool about the speakers fitting perfectly in the cup holders! We need to look around and see what we can find. Of course dd9 is the only one with an ipod and all of her songs are either HM, Ali & AJ etc...haha. :headache: Maybe I'll pick up one of those little ipod shuffles and keep it in the locked glove box.

To be honest, ipod is not worth the extra $$$, Id just get any old mp3 player, ipod music HAS to come from itunes.com (something about the format) and cost a buck a song....you can load ANY mp3 into most other mp3 players for free...I have an mp3 library of over 7000 songs(Im a DJ for a living) and If I had to depend on itunes...Id be broke.

To be honest, ipod is not worth the extra $$$, Id just get any old mp3 player, ipod music HAS to come from itunes.com (something about the format) and cost a buck a song....you can load ANY mp3 into most other mp3 players for free...I have an mp3 library of over 7000 songs(Im a DJ for a living) and If I had to depend on itunes...Id be broke.

My dad has an iPod and loads his own music onto it. (He would NEVER pay for itunes). My son has an ipod shuffle and loads his own tunes onto it. (Cause I haven't seen any charges from itunes on the credit card.)

I think the misconception comes from the fact that you use iTunes (the software) to load music onto the iPod, but you don't HAVE to buy music from the iTunes Store to load to your iPod. You can import any music into iTunes to sync to the iPod.

This is good to know....My ipod IS loaded with a few ipod tunes, but its the same songs that have been on it for a loooooong time..Im gonna see about loading my mp3s on it now!!!

BTW...Ive decided the little speakers I installed yesterday sound crappy...might have to buy some decent speakers. (yesterday I had NO tunes, now my system aint good enough....ya see how things happen here???)

Haha...sounds like me and my dh...it *was* ok, but now we want better sound quality!

We have tons of mp3 files on our computers that we load on her iPod and rip from cd's. The only purchases i'll let her make from iTunes is covered by the iTunes gift cards she receives from family on special occasions. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!