The Good News Is......

TL;DR version: Even barely awake, I was able to solve my mom's internet issue this morning within minutes and partially earned my keep by being built in IT :rotfl2:

Full story: Got woken abruptly around 9am by my mom that the internet was down and she was in the middle of class. I stumbled to the router and while it said there was still service, nothing was actually getting service (on WiFi or Ethernet). Bouncing it was the only option, but it takes awhile for everything to come back up fully. So grabbed my phone, turned the WiFi back on on the desktop (I switched it to Ethernet a couple weeks ago for stability; there is a rather comically long CAT5 running from the router to the computer room because I've been too lazy to run it along the walls), and turned on my phone hotspot. It worked! And class was able to resume.

While I've used that hotspot before for other emergency things and it came in very handy, I think this is the first time I've felt utterly relieved to have had it available.

Going to be typing up instructions for my mom before the start of the next school week everything I did and making sure her own hotspot is ready to go in case of another emergency. I'm happy I'm able to partially earn my keep by being the built in IT at home, but I would like to not be woken up like that again :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter