The great “mask” debate

Would you wear a mask if required to enter the theme parks?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
If you can’t wear a mask in the park but a shield, there are rides you won’t be allowed on when using a shield.

So some rides shield wearers will have to take a pass on them.

There are videos out there that show just how far droplets go when a person talks, sneezes or coughs. Was rather sobering to view the first time
I was reminded of this last week.

DH was driving and talking to DH18 (on the way to his HS graduation [at the drive-in theater]). Because the sun was going down at just the right angle, from the back seat I saw the ejected particle clouds coming out of his mouth illuminated by the sun rays.

Like seeing our breath when it's cold outside that cloud of vapors and particles gets quite large and in light of the current situation, extra gross. After all we learned nobody's gonna wanna take down the new plexiglass barriers, ever! 😆

Usually face shields can be taken apart (i.e. the shield can be disconnected from the head band portion it connects to). If that is the case with a face shield you have, I'd wager they can fit in the small free lockers in front of every ride.

No mask inside the park for me. We have to wear them in public already and at work (not while at our desks) but it's way too hot to wear anything like a mask.

The lockers that would be large enough to hold a face shield costs two dollars. The free ones held by small 4"X6" bag, but not a medium sized draw string backpack. They cost us $2 each time we needed a larger locker.

The lockers that would be large enough to hold a face shield costs two dollars. The free ones held by small 4"X6" bag, but not a medium sized draw string backpack. They cost us $2 each time we needed a larger locker.
Have you tried the drawstring bags from lands end? With a bit of squeezing, these fit into the free lockers with space for an 18 ounce water bottle too.

FWIW I had read that the TMs are telling guests they can only have the mask off while they are drinking. Between sips, you have to put it back on.

in all honesty, it worries me more than it reassures me

I won't go into debate, but the most dangerous thing you can do with a mask is repeatedly touching , removing, and readjusting it.
Most people will not use the necessary caution when taking the mask off, be it only to lower it below their chin , in order to eat or drink. Multiplying the number of times a mask is manipulated only increases the risk the mask gets contaminated for its wearer.

enforcement is one thing (usually a good thing) but just as long as it does not cause more issues than it is supposed to solve.

in all honesty, it worries me more than it reassures me

I won't go into debate, but the most dangerous thing you can do with a mask is repeatedly touching , removing, and readjusting it.
Most people will not use the necessary caution when taking the mask off, be it only to lower it below their chin , in order to eat or drink. Multiplying the number of times a mask is manipulated only increases the risk the mask gets contaminated for its wearer.

enforcement is one thing (usually a good thing) but just as long as it does not cause more issues than it is supposed to solve.

I'm a nurse so I don't disagree with you on that at all. I see a lot of people wearing/touching their masks in ways that make me nervous and even find myself slipping up sometimes. (Heck, I just told my husband if DS can't keep himself from taking off his mask immediately when we get outside of a store and scratching his nose we can't make our trip this month.) My point was that people saying they were going to get around wearing a mask by carrying a drink with them all day aren't going to be able to do that because UO isn't allowing it. How strictly it's enforced is another question entirely. It's kind of a catch-22 situation and I think they're just trying to close loopholes.

I'm a nurse so I don't disagree with you on that at all. I see a lot of people wearing/touching their masks in ways that make me nervous and even find myself slipping up sometimes. (Heck, I just told my husband if DS can't keep himself from taking off his mask immediately when we get outside of a store and scratching his nose we can't make our trip this month.) My point was that people saying they were going to get around wearing a mask by carrying a drink with them all day aren't going to be able to do that because UO isn't allowing it. How strictly it's enforced is another question entirely. It's kind of a catch-22 situation and I think they're just trying to close loopholes.
From what I hear they are dong a very good job at this and not letting people walk around drinking. Basically telling them to stand to the side have their drink and move on. One of the streamers that has been very paranoid has commented on how much better Universal has gotten with this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!