The great adventures of mac and Finn

macfinn

Chief planner and Dis Dad's Club Member #58
We finally have the trip booked it will be Myself(Mark) DW,and the Boys Mac and Finn. :cool1::cool1:. We are going May 12th - 19th (possible 20th ) depending on flights. We have not been back since 2007, when finn was about 6 months old. So this trip has several meanings, :cool1:

the first, both kids are olderand understand the joy of Disney, :goodvibes

the second is our 10th wedding anniverary pre-celebration,it is actually July.

the third is to celebrate DW's end of nursing school semester, which at the time of this trip will leave just under 1 year of nursing school>>>:cool1:

So a little background, I was very reluctant to go Disney,my wife had been numerous times growing up, I was a deprived child and never went, she kept harrasing me to go,we are avid cruisers ,and that was our idea of a vacation, so i made a deal and agrreed to book disney cruise on Magic. Let me tell you that changed my way of thinking.......I was hooked....in 2005 we went to the world with my 1st son Mac(he was 2), it was he week before easter, and i was hooked, as a matter of fact, that summer DW asked what i wanted to do in the fall and i answered DISNEY WORLD, to which she said"again" and of course i said yes.....fall 2005 first food and wine....fall 2006 second food and wine...2007 was our last Disney trip with the fellas'....food and wine time...AMAZING with the boys 4 and 6 months....

We have always stayed at POP 50's building lake view....just cant say enough about the place, the pools, are nice and shallow, and then there is the splash area near the 60's building....Ya can't go wrong, the bus service is great, they dont stop at any other resorts, the food in the place is good, especially the breakfast burrito's and the mickey waffles....the staff is friendly and always willing to help....

So we started to plan in December, we got a room only for a moderate, so WOW,i am the trip planner since DW is in school....i ran the prices and found them pretty reasonable....booked Carribean Beach..asked all the family to give the kids Disney gift cards.....so it was on.....than the week before xmas wife gets very ill...ends up having extreme emergency stomach surgery....in the hospital for 5 days, she gets out the day before xmas eve....not fun...and we endure some tough times....during her school break and re-coup time she finds another code for kids stay free, we run that price for value and get 8 nights for READY......1400$:scared1:......so we change resorts and finally feel like we are coming home!!!!!....So POP in May and finally back to Disney, the kids are planning and so are we....we plan 1 adult night and will be using one of the kid clubs....So that is the story as of TODAY FEB. 19th......up next what the Parents are planning with out the kiddies......see ya real soon!!!! markpirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter