The Great Big Blake Family Adventure!

choirchic

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone and welcome to my pre-trip report. DH and I are very excited this year...
We are used to going to WDW by ourselves, but this year we are going with family!
:yay:

Cast of Characters:

There will be 6 adults and 3 children on this years adventure! We are also ALL celebrating something special!
:cheer2:

First up - There's DH and Me! We're a 30 something couple who really enjoys WDW and loves to find new and interesting things to do while we're there. We currently live in Charlotte, NC and will be celebrating our 5th Anniversary on this trip!

(Here's a pic from our anniversary trip last year)

3954689898_002670870b.jpg

Next Up are FIL and MIL - I couldn't ask for better In-Laws. These guys are great. They currently live in Baltimore, MD and they are the reason we are going on a trip this year. It will be their 40th Anniversary and they wanted to celebrate someplace special and take the family. How cool are they? :thumbsup2

(Here's a pic of the happy couple at our wedding a few years back)

50045803_d399d6c133.jpg

BIL and SIL are up next. They currently live in Huntsville, AL and will be celebrating their 10th Anniversary on this trip. They are also the ones with all the children!

(I can't find a pic of just the two of them by themselves :eek: So here is a pic from a few years back with their middle son in the picture)

2409691501_ba198f3a03.jpg

And now on to the little ones!
I think we're the most excited about going with the kids. We don't have any of our own so we love to spoil them!

This is Alexander, he's the oldest.
He will be celebrating his 10th birthday on this trip. I think this might also be his 3rd or 4th trip.

3857261797_c11bfdf790.jpg

This is Aidan, the middle child.
He is a bundle of energy and will be celebrating his 5th birthday on this trip. I think this will also be his first visit! :woohoo:

3857267821_04e50c3b8b.jpg

And for the last of our clan joining this trip...the youngest is Eli.
I'm not sure that he's celebrating a birthday or anything like that, but this will definitely be his first trip! :yay:

3989464601_e221137093.jpg

Stay tuned for Plans!

You've got the Who-zits and What-zits Galore...

Now it's time to talk about the Where's and Whens!

MIL and FIL have rented a time-share for all of us just outside of DTD. :worship: We'll be staying at a place called the Cypress Pointe Grande Villas. DH and I have actually stayed here before and found it nice and relaxing, so we're excited to go back with the family.

(Here are a few nice pics of the place)

1398015539_bab1ab35b4.jpg

1398934518_466df10f6e.jpg

(And my two favorite parts - the pool and the whirlpool tub!) :woohoo:

1398939170_4842587995.jpg

1398923216_20fb62961d.jpg

I can't wait to Go Back! :dance3:

We're set to arrive on October 2nd and are staying through to October 9th.

I'm trying not to plan too much, but I just can't help myself!

I have a few "just in case" ADR's set for the family, and have given them some ideas for a few fun things that might be fun to try as a family.

Stay Tuned for my "tentative" ADR's! :scared:

Hiii!

I just started my October PTR, too! This will be our first time for Halloween. Are you going to go to MNSSHP?

The hotel looks fantastic! Loveee that bathroom!

There's nothing like going with kids for the first time and showing them around. Cool!

Sooooo....let's talk ADR's!!! :thumbsup2

While most of the family has been to Disney before, I'm not so sure that they realize how BUSY it is going to be in October.

Here's how a recent conversation went:

Family:
Yeah, we can eat some place fun like O'Hana or something...
Me: We really need to get an ADR if we want to eat there.
Family: We need to get a what?
Me: Oh Sorry...a reservation.
Family: I guess it wouldn't hurt.

So, here's the plan. I will most definitely let the family have fun, and play things by "ear" as they say...but I will definitely be full of suggestions!
(and conveniently have ADR's already made for those suggestions! :rotfl2:)

Hey...ADR's are free right? No harm, no foul if we have to cancel. :confused3

Here's what I have so far:

Arrival night - Dinner at Whispering Canyon. I've been told the boys will love it here, and that the food is not too bad. I am also researching the possibility of a cake. But not the fondant covered, pre-ordered, fancy, expensive ones...I'm learning that there may be some available that are cheaper.

Mid Week - Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House. This is the one that we will be treating the family to as a present to everyone for all of our "special" occasions. DH and I did this last year and loved it. Can't wait to do it again!

Here are a couple pics from last year's fun:

3954621086_f33a829d39.jpg

3954723818_3d02ea0c10.jpg

(Ladies - watch out for Daisy - She's a Flirt!) :love:

Per the earlier conversation I had with the family...I tried very hard to get us an ADR at O'Hana for Dinner some night while we are there. It took a few days of persistently "refreshing" and "retrying" the online reservation system, but I was finally able to get us one for 5:10pm on 10/7 (which is also a MNSSHP night! :cheer2:) We're still trying to decide, but I'm hoping the family will want to do this, and we can go to the party after dinner!

That's it as far as ADR's are concerned for the bulk of the family.

I did make one more (just for me and DH) we have this thing where we go to Tony's EVERY time we're in Disney. This year is no exception! :lovestruc

I gotta say...I hope people continue to give this place bad reviews. It makes getting ADR's easier for the rest of us who actually like it! :woohoo:

The pumpkin Cheesecake is already calling my name...

3954691662_23f64bd20b.jpg

LOL at your ADR story! I'm helping several people plan vacations at work, and they look at me like I'm from Mars when I say ADR. I definitely understand!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Tusker House! It was our first time to try it last December, and was one of my favorite meals!! Fantastic choice!

BTW, do you think it's going to be busy?

I've been told October is a pretty good month to go re: crowd levels.

Hi! I am definitely subbing on this PTR! I am from NC too! :woohoo: I live near Winston Salem. I just started my first PTR for December 2010. It's so exciting that you are taking kids this time! :goodvibes I have never been with kids before but I want to take my niece someday! She is 6 and I know she would love it because she thinks she is a princess!:laughing:

Anyway, can't wait to read more!

BTW, do you think it's going to be busy?

I've been told October is a pretty good month to go re: crowd levels.

From what I'm reading, October usually isn't bad, but we'll be hitting the end of free dining and we're going when kids are on fall break! :scared1: I guess it could go either way! :confused3

Hi! I am definitely subbing on this PTR! I am from NC too! :woohoo: I live near Winston Salem. I just started my first PTR for December 2010. It's so exciting that you are taking kids this time! :goodvibes I have never been with kids before but I want to take my niece someday! She is 6 and I know she would love it because she thinks she is a princess!:laughing:

Anyway, can't wait to read more!

Welcome! Nice to see someone from NC on here! :yay: I will definitely be writing a full trip report when we get back, so I'll let you know what it's like with kids! ;)

i am just joining in on your PTR:) we will be there a few weeks before you! Your ADRS sounds great we love Ohana! and I am trying Tonys for the first time this sept! The rooms at the cypress hill look amazing!! Thasts so funny how your family was like " whats a ADR" LOL i talk disney lingo around people a lot and they are like " huh" LOL at least we can all understand each other on the boars lol

i am just joining in on your PTR:) we will be there a few weeks before you! Your ADRS sounds great we love Ohana! and I am trying Tonys for the first time this sept! The rooms at the cypress hill look amazing!! Thasts so funny how your family was like " whats a ADR" LOL i talk disney lingo around people a lot and they are like " huh" LOL at least we can all understand each other on the boars lol

Welcome! :wizard:
DH and I usually go in September and LOVE it because the crowd levels are so low that time of year. He's actually spoiled by low wait times...
If he has to wait more then 20 minutes for a ride he starts to get Grumpy! :rotfl2:

3953957985_4b580faae5.jpg

Subbing. popcorn::

It's so awesome that everyone is celebrating something during your stay.

I can't wait to read more about your plans.

That pumpkin cheesecake looks awesome by the way.......

Hello again everyone! So sorry it's been awhile! I will be posting again soon...I am planning things for our family which is divided into 3 different states, but I get to see the In Laws for 4th of July weekend and hope to discuss more "planning" options with them! :yay:

Thanks for Subbing! Stay tuned! :happytv:

I got to see MIL and FIL over the holiday and we talked about a few things...one thing to point out is that OMG...We're down to double digits in our countdown!!! :banana:

A few things were decided...one is that we're all driving.

• Me and DH from Charlotte
  • BIL and SIL from Alabama
  • and MIL and FIL from Baltimore

I just sent MIL and FIL this link to stops along I-95! I don't know who had the time to do this, but I want to thank the people that did!!! :worship:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Transportation/I95.htm

We're going to meet halfway outside of Savannah and stay the night...that way when we wake up we'll all be just a little closer to Disney! :woohoo:

Stay tuned for my tentative Itinerary! (no one really knows I'm making one...but hey, with 9 people, you kind of have to...right? :confused3)

So I'm finding that it's hard to plan too much with everyone that's going being in 3 different states. We'll just have to wait until we get there and see how this goes! I"m going to keep our current ADR's (Whispering Canyon, Tusker House, Tony's and O'Hana) and play the rest by ear! :scared1:

I'm finding that I don't have too much to write for this pre-trip report so I'm just going to say thanks for reading and I will DEFINTELY take plenty of pics with my new camera and write a good trip report when I get back!

Wish us luck! :tinker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter