*It's almost here!!!!!* The Great Girls Disney Adventure 2019! (Updated 6/28)

loislane

DIS Veteran
Intro
What to do?
MNSSHP tie dye!
Disney puzzle
Keeping the Disney excitement alive

Doing the happy dance!
Boo to us!
Rhinos?!?!?
MNSSHP is a go!
Flying and dining
FASTPASSES!

Ok - this trip is a first for me. DH and I went for our honeymoon and then went just the 2 of us last September because the kids were out of the nest (so-to-speak) at that time. My stepson had gone to live with his mother, my oldest was out on his own and my youngest just went off to college. Perfect time for a trip for 2 - and we had a great time on our Disney cruise and week in WDW. And that's right around when my DD and I started talking about what to do to celebrate her anticipated college graduation in 2019 - and of course a Disney trip was the only and top option.

As it goes, life had it's own plans and after one semester in school, DD decided to change schools and change majors, so she won't be graduating next year with an associates degree as a vet tech as planned. But, what the heck? I like to go to Disney every other year and didn't want to mess up my rhythm. So I proposed to her that we still go, just make it a girl's trip and she can pay for part of the trip (that part was mostly to make my husband happy - LOL) and of course she said "Let's book it!"

So we did!

IMG_5845_zpsldxhdg9z.jpg

Of course I have to have a personalized countdown on my phone!

disney%203_zps9dnoexhs.jpg

Always excited when Mickey Mail arrives - although I miss the ones that had the magnetic date sheet in them.

disney%201_zpsgf5eonk9.jpg

You know it's real when you get a reservation number!

disney%202_zpsmunkajwq.jpg

And we'll be staying at our favorite place besides Fort Wilderness - POP Century! Maybe some day we'll stay some where different, but not this trip. I couldn't even talk DD into AoA - she's a POP girl!

We booked pretty much as soon as we could, so our countdown started over 400 days! So, our first milestone was to get below 400. The next one will be to get below 365 days and then our trip will be less than a year away.

The hubs thinks we're crazy and should have just gone this August BUT, call me crazy, I kind of like the anticipation of knowing the trip is a year away and the excitement of making plans. Weird, huh?

Now, we work on our bucket list and plans for this trip. We're using my dry erase wall as our inspiration board for ideas, plans, budgets, etc.

IMG_5787_zpsterpwqac.jpg

Last edited:
Ok - so we've been formulating our bucket list, which helps us plan our budget for the trip. (Trip itself is already paid for - this is just the budget during the trip.)

The Bon Voyage breakfast is almost a definite for us. We love Tangled and really want to meet Flynn Rider. Has anyone been?

We're also thinking hard about MNSSHP - August is not necessarily Halloween time for us BUT it will be starting then and does look like a fun time. Thoughts?

MNSSHP is a lot of fun but very expensive so it depends on if you feel its worth it. The parade and fireworks show are awesome and have become our favorites. Going around filling candy bags at all the stations is fun, especially if you love candy!! Numerous character greets not normally in the parks often. BUT...some characters can have hour long lines. Jack Skellington was one of the longest. Get in line early if at all possible. However, the characters did spend a fair amount of time enabling us to get great photos and interact a bit. Ride lines were mostly walk on which is always great but we went mostly for the various shows and other entertainment.

We are trying to narrow our focus of what we want to splurge on and what we don't. So far, we are leaning strongly toward MNSSHP because it does seem like a lot of fun. And my daughter is thinking in lieu of a costume, she can wear this tie dye she just made....
her%20tie%20dye_zpswjetxd9s.jpg

I made one too - but her Mickey came out better. My ears are lopsided!

my%20tie%20dye_zpsssddfvwi.jpg

I'm just a tad of a Disney fan. I won't say I'm a fountain of trivia and knowledge - although I can cover the basics. But I do know that Disney brings me a lot of joy and is my favorite place to visit. So in my home office, I surround myself with the things that bring me joy and there is a LOT of Disney in this room. Most recently, I completed a 1,000-piece Ravensburger Sorcerer Mickey jigsaw puzzle. I thought this thing was going to be the death of me! It took me FOUR days and I had a bit of help here and there from my husband and daughter.

puzzle%20done_zps4zkhb2j0.jpg
puzzle%20framed_zpsjvp0sh60.jpg

Once I had it done, I glued the crap out of it with ModPodge and then framed it. It now hangs on the wall in my office amidst all my other Disney stuff.

Do you Disney all year long?

Obviously I do. And just added a few delights that will go on the Christmas tree this year......

39894604_266004304016847_230690458769031168_n_zpscomhnlxl.jpg

Snapped that one up on ShopDisney as soon as I found out - and glad I did since I don't think you can get it any more. My favorite ride at MK - the ride that caused my son to tell me that I don't need to sing AND dance during the ride because I had a mean seat dance going on in my doom buggy. LOL

This ornament is 100% for DH. He *LOVES* the seagulls!

DisneyPixar-Finding-Nemo-Mine-Mine-Mine-Seagulls-Ornament-With-Sound-root-1799QXD6273_QXD6273_1470_1.jpg_Source_Image_zpsfwbmprya.jpg

And you know it says "Mine! Mine! Mine!" when you press the button.

Finally, couldn't resist this one either. DH is often known as Grumpy and it's a cute representation of 7DMT.

Disney-Snow-White-and-the-Seven-Dwarfs-Off-We-Go-Musical-Ornament-With-Light-root-2299QXD6246_QXD6246_1470_1.jpg_Source_Imag_zpsmzvosnht.jpg

Would LOVE to see how everyone else keeps the Disney spirit alive between trips!

Doing the happy dance this morning. We are officially a year away from our trip!

Every morning, the countdown app on my phone sprinkles a little pixie dust (even sounds like it!) and updates my counter.

40098248_2634508370108585_6715230613391015936_n_zpsza76rffw.jpg

And now that we are just a *mere* 365 days away, our trip FINALLY shows up in the MDE app!

40061642_2111907375739392_3371076507295285248_n_zpsjj71dxtg.jpg

Ah, the things that make me happy! LOL

And as a bonus? My Facebook memories this year are flooded with Disney pictures since this is about the time we go. I love seeing little snippets of past trips and reliving the memories!

Doing the happy dance this morning. We are officially a year away from our trip!

Every morning, the countdown app on my phone sprinkles a little pixie dust (even sounds like it!) and updates my counter.

40098248_2634508370108585_6715230613391015936_n_zpsza76rffw.jpg

And now that we are just a *mere* 365 days away, our trip FINALLY shows up in the MDE app!

40061642_2111907375739392_3371076507295285248_n_zpsjj71dxtg.jpg

Ah, the things that make me happy! LOL

And as a bonus? My Facebook memories this year are flooded with Disney pictures since this is about the time we go. I love seeing little snippets of past trips and reliving the memories!

I love the fb memories BC today is as our first day of our first trip to Disney last year so it was nice seeing all my memories pop up today.. we have 9 days left till our trip and this week will be nice with all the fb memories of our first trip showing up!!!

I think we've pretty much agreed we're going to MNSSHP next year. - because we already have hats to wear!

40158654_10156048199418579_3849116675261595648_n_zpsabmfeqkn.jpg

And since we also came across a Spirit Halloween that was open, we wandered in just to find these two!

40137887_10156048674658579_5460114635468308480_o_zpsh5jcmhzn.jpg

This trip sounds like so much fun! As much as I enjoy my 4-year-old daughters, I also look forward to taking trips like this with them someday.

Squeee!!! Those ornaments are all SO CUTE!

Excited to read the plans that you and your daughter make over the next year.

This trip sounds like so much fun! As much as I enjoy my 4-year-old daughters, I also look forward to taking trips like this with them someday.

Squeee!!! Those ornaments are all SO CUTE!

Excited to read the plans that you and your daughter make over the next year.

But it has to be be fun to take them when they are little, too. Our kids were older when we first took them. Heck, DH and I took our first trip for our honeymoon in 2009! LOL. I remember my mom telling us it was terrible that we were going to Disney without our kids. (We each have 2 from previous marriages/relationships). My stepson was 6 - actually turned 7 during the trip. My daughter was 12 and my son was 14. And they had a blast. Obviously past that window where they believe Pooh is really Pooh - but also old enough to agree that Pooh really *IS* Pooh while we are there. :)

There is something to be said in favor of trips when your kids are old enough to 1. walk around on their own, 2. ride everything, and 3. appreciate all those Disney magic touches. :)

I am happy I found your pre-trip report. It looks like you are like me, you only get to go to Disney every four years or so but this time it will be closer to two years. So, HOT DIGGITY DOG for you!!! The last trip I was at WDW was in 2014. And for most of the trip it was just my daughter and I. She was eleven at the time. We had a blast! So much fun! We were able to really take our time and just wander around a lot of the time, giving us a chance to encounter and enjoy all the extra stuff that Disney does so well. She was really into animals at the time (still is) and so we spent two full back to back days at Animal Kingdom! And this was before Pandora and we didn't even ride Everest! It was all about the animals and atmosphere.
Minnie and Me.jpg

Your Christmas ornaments are so cute! Love the doom buggy! Year round, I like to keep the Disney magic around me with little touches too. I use my Disney resort mugs on a daily basis and they remind me of my trips. I also have our Disney photos displayed.

I have a few Disney bags I use on a daily basis too and I have a Mickey sign in front of the monorail that I have displayed in my classroom at school. Oh and my toothbrush holder and soap dispenser are also a Disney design. They are white with a subtle Disney head on them. Most people who see it probably do not even make the Disney connection, but I love them.

Last edited:
I am happy I found your pre-trip report. It looks like you are like me, you only get to go to Disney every four years or so but this time it will be closer to two years. So, HOT DIGGITY DOG for you!!! The last trip I was at WDW was in 2014. And for most of the trip it was just my daughter and I. She was eleven at the time. We had a blast! So much fun! We were able to really take our time and just wander around a lot of the time, giving us a chance to encounter and enjoy all the extra stuff that Disney does so well. She was really into animals at the time (still is) and so we spent two full back to back days at Animal Kingdom! And this was before Pandora and we didn't even ride Everest! It was all about the animals and atmosphere.
View attachment 347497

Your Christmas ornaments are so cute! Love the doom buggy! Year round, I like to keep the Disney magic around me with little touches too. I use my Disney resort mugs on a daily basis and they remind me of my trips. I also have our Disney photos displayed.

I have a few Disney bags I use on a daily basis too and I have a Mickey sign in front of the monorail that I have displayed in my classroom at school. Oh and my toothbrush holder and soap dispenser are also a Disney design. They are white with a subtle Disney head on them. Most people who see it probably do not even make the Disney connection, but I love them.

Great picture of you and your daughter! Mine hasn't been since 2015 (DH and I did a Disney cruise and 5 days at WDW last September - no kids!) so she's looking forward to going back. Lots of new stuff for her to see. We also spend a lot of time just the two of us in AK since we are both the animal lovers of the family (we have 3 dogs, 1 cat, numerous fish, 76 chickens and 3 very spoiled and rotten ducks LOL) and we love to spend time walking through and looking at all the animals. We could ride KS over and over and over - and usually do!

As for Disney stuff at home? I'm generally wearing some sort of Disney jewelry (usually earrings), my purse is a cross-body bag with Mickey all over it, there are pictures from our trips all over, I have several of the Disney Hallmark pieces around the house like this one...
shopping

others that I will bring for the classroom when I go back next week (am a TA in a middle school) plus my entire office at home is Disney. Park maps back from when you could order personalized ones, the thank you cards sent after our trips, wall decals, Mickey string lights, and more and more and more. LOL

Hello!
School is back in session, which means I'm back to work and have fewer free hours to fantasize about Disney. A new teacher started this year - she got in from a Disney trip at 4 a.m. and was at work at 8! I think she might be my soul sister!

Anyway - we *have* still been going over ideas for our trip as things pop onto our radar. Like this option!
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/animal-kingdom/up-close-with-rhinos/

Not sure if we're going to keep "Caring for Giants" - the elephant one and add this one, or just go with rhinos. Either way? We're excited about this new option!

And I've been adding a bit to my POP collection.

42342571_728786260794076_3780613703532019712_n_zpscaovbyvq.jpg

I've had Hades for a bit. Found Hercules and Phil tonight and had to get them.

42288361_337271100358855_3500474264081924096_n_zpsogalqus5.jpg

My daughter gave me Simba. Added Merida tonight.

The pops and assorted other stuff live on a big shelf in my office. It's getting a bit full....

42278389_240424539999270_4015102532593385472_n_zpsxjlw3xav.jpg

All the little figurines? Purchased at Dollar Tree!

It's been a while!

Kind of hard to keep the excitement up when the trip is still a ways off and there isn't much planning you can do. But then this happened!

50695490_2111093659202758_9003584180767948800_n_zpsjn120duu.jpg

Yup! We got our tickets to MNSSHP! We'll be going on Aug. 26, our first park day.

211 days to go! We are almost into the 100s.

Still planning away here.
We have our plane tickets - thank you JetBlue - but man, flights used to be a lot cheaper!

We also made our dining reservations. We have the QS dining plan so there wasn't too much to plan.
We're going to the Bon Voyage Breakfast on 8/29 and BoG breakfast on 8/30. Easy peasy!

Checklist:

Hotel :mickeyjum

Park tickets :mickeyjum

Plane tickets :mickeyjum

MNSSHP tickets :mickeyjum

ADRs :mickeyjum

Last thing I need to do is book Up Close with Rhinos!

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-17_9-59-4.png
    upload_2019-3-17_9-59-4.png
    3 KB · Views: 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!