The Grinch & Friends Character Breakfast

elmlea22

Mouseketeer
Hello, I have a few questions about this

Question 1 - Can you please explain how the all you care to eat works because it doesn't look like it is a help yourself buffet. It looks like you have to ask for what you want
Question 2 - Is there a fried egg choice as no one in my party like scrambled egg
Question 3 - Is there a good food allergy section as my husband is celiac so will need gluten free food.
Question 4 - What is the annual pass discount
Question 5 - When will this be bookable

Please, any help would be greatly received

I've done it a few times. Unfortunately I can't answer about allergies, but generally speaking, Universal does make accommodations.

Regarding your other questions, they take your drink order but the food is a buffet. They don't make eggs to order and at all and all eggs are scrambled, including the green eggs with the green eggs and ham on their breakfast pizza. Overall, the food is just ok. Nothing special. Slightly better than a fast food restaurant breakfast. It's nothing like the character breakfasts at the hotels.

I think the discount is the same as the normal 10% and it usually becomes bookable sometime in September. I have never seen it crowded and we go the week of Thanksgiving. So I doubt you have to book early. The booking process is a bit silly though. If I recall correctly you buy tickets online and they give you an order number. Then you have to call for a reservation time. Then, when you get to the park you have to go to the kiosk and get printed tickets and a coupon for a free printed photo. But the plus side is that once you are inside Circus McGirkus, you don't have to get a bill or anything like that since you already paid. But take some cash for a tip.

Overall, my family loves it. The character interactions are great and ther servers are all made up to look like Who's. And the Grinch is fantastic. Best character interaction in any of the Orlando parks. Even better than Gaston at Disney.

I agree with the best character interaction in orlando.

I didn't really want to do it, but I was smiling when I left.

As far as the food, I thought it was OK. I am sure they will be able to help with dietary restrictions.

I don't remember seeing anything but scrambled eggs, but you could certainly ask. Even if you skip the eggs, I think there is plenty of other stuff to eat.

Thank you for your help. I am so eager to book it, hurry up Universal lol

Yep, we plan to go to this in December too.......only heard good reviews about it from anyone I know who’s done it.......

Looking forward to it....

I agree with what everyone else has said. We did it last November. I don't remember the ticket thing being too weird though. I think I had to call to reserve the date and time. They sent me an email that I had to take to the will call or kiosk to get the actual ticket. A lot of tickets that you get from Universal are like that. The food is just OK. It's not as good as any of the WDW character buffets. Smaller variety too. Unfortunately, we had to wait a while for the Grinch to come over. He spends a lot of time with each group, which is good and bad. I would pick an earlier time next time to maybe have less people/wait. The window was only a couple of hours, and I think we got there during the last hour, about 9 or 9:30am. We got kind of bored waiting for him, and there was only so much of the food that we wanted to eat. The meet with the Grinch is amazing though! I would do it again.

Yep, we plan to go to this in December too.......only heard good reviews about it from anyone I know who’s done it.......

Looking forward to it....

HI! I'm a fan of your trip reports & will be going to USO in Dec as well. Hoping to run into you as we'll be at RPR as well from Dec 15-17. We're also considering this holiday breakfast just for the character interaction. :wave:

HI! I'm a fan of your trip reports & will be going to USO in Dec as well. Hoping to run into you as we'll be at RPR as well from Dec 15-17. We're also considering this holiday breakfast just for the character interaction. :wave:

Thanks so much FoodieFriend…….I`m so glad to read that...…:)

I can`t believe we miss you!!! We leave Dec 10th......I`d love to have said hello to you......maybe another trip!!

The Grinch experience would definitely be for the interaction for us too, so many good reviews and if the food is good well, that's a bonus...….see you on the trip report...….:wave2:

I’m so excited for this! Now just to decide the time and date. I’m wondering if it would be better at the 8am timeslot?

Any opinions on how this Buffet would be for a kid with an egg allergy? He love love loves the grinch but can’t have eggs (or pancakes or waffles etc)

Has anyone been able to book with an annual pass discount? I know for a fact (I have the old emails) that there was an annual pass discount when we went in 2015, 2016, 2017. I don't know about last year (2018) because we didn't do it that year. I just called and the Rep said there was no discount even for Premier Annual Passholders. I'm wondering if she's mistaken or maybe... I remember one year that passholder rates were only good for certain specific dates. So maybe they haven't been released yet?

If you go on the universal website where it lists the Grinch & Friends Character Breakfast and gives the description and everything, when you scroll down it lists Dietary Needs and when you click on that it will tell you how to plan and that you can speak to the chef or staff once you get to the restaurant. However, they do say that nothing is confirmed to be allergy free because they do not have a separate cooking facility and the food could have been contaminated coming in. I would speak to the staff about it but if your husband has extreme reactions when eating gluten I wouldn't take the chance.

Thanks so much FoodieFriend…….I`m so glad to read that...…:)

I can`t believe we miss you!!! We leave Dec 10th......I`d love to have said hello to you......maybe another trip!!

The Grinch experience would definitely be for the interaction for us too, so many good reviews and if the food is good well, that's a bonus...….see you on the trip report...….:wave2:
We will be there from 12/3-12/11....trying to decide which is the better option for the breakfast....lose an hour of morning touring on a slow day like Thursday or lose the hour on a busier day like Sat or Sun. Any thoughts? Maybe we will run into each other lol. This is our 1st visit to Universal...Myself wife and 3 boys 15, 13, 7. :)

We will be there from 12/3-12/11....trying to decide which is the better option for the breakfast....lose an hour of morning touring on a slow day like Thursday or lose the hour on a busier day like Sat or Sun. Any thoughts? Maybe we will run into each other lol. This is our 1st visit to Universal...Myself wife and 3 boys 15, 13, 7. :)

Oh I`d go with the Thursday......I`d rather lose an hour on a quieter day anytime!!! Weekends will always be busier...….

How lovely!!!! First visits are always fantastic...…. If you see us make sure and say hi......we`re at RP for the December trip...….. :thumbsup2

Question about having a pre-park opening reservation time for this breakfast. I see there is an 8:00 am time available but park hours say IoA opens at 9:00 that day. How does this work in IoA? I've done it at Disney, but never Universal. Thought if we picked the 8:00 AM, might be nice to head to Hagrids right after and maybe get a jump on things?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts