*The Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities

DisneyaHolic23

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of The Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities prior to our trip, so that I can use it in planning? :earsgirl:

Look in the disabilites FAQ in the top of this section. I know there is also a website where you can download the actual book but I need to look for that for you.

I e-mailed disney and they mailed me 1 for each park no problems.

There is a link in the disABILITIES FAQs thread (but here's a direct link).Or, as poutytink said, you can email Disney and ask for them to mail them to you.

If you are interested in which rides/attractions are wheelchair accessible without getting out of the wheelchair, that information is coded on the park maps (a little icon of a wheelchair shows it is fully accessible to users of wheelchairs or ecvs; a tiny stick figure getting out of an ecv and going toward a wheelchair means it is wheelchair accessible, but not ecv accessible; a stick person standing next to a wheelchair means a tranfer to a ride vehicle is necessary).

Thanks for all the responses. I looked through all the information, but didn't find the answer to one of my main questions. I am wondering in which rides/attractions the scooters stay in the ride lines, and which have separate entrances for those mobility-limited individuals. I hope I didn't miss this information in the links that have been provided!

What you are looking for is the list of attractions that have Mainstream Access lines. These are the lines where the main queue is wheelchair/ecv accessible (so wheelchair/ecv users wait in the same line with everyone else). AK and MGM were built with Mainstream queues, so pretty much all the lines are accessible to wheelchairs and ecvs. Epcot and MK (being older parks) have a few attractions that are not accessible, but all Fastpass lines and new attractions are accessible without a special line.

The link I posted is the home page of the official WDW site's pages for Guests with Disabilities. There is a set of links to other pages at the top of that page. If you click the link that says Mobility Disabilities and then look for Mainstream Queues area, it should give you what you are looking for.

I called disney and they transfered me to guest relations when I asked about the guidebook but the guy just said they didn't have any where he was so he couldn't send me one. I asked who might have it and to transfer and he said would have to wait till get there and get in in park. :headache: How hard would it have been for him to tell me to email? Instead all this time I keep thinking I'll have to wait to get info. :mad: So glad you guys are here :love2:

The written information in the Guidebooks is the same as on the website links that I posted. It's just formatted a little different.
So, look on the websites and once you get to the parks, you can pick them up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter