The Healthy Cooking Thread

Hi Everyone,

Looks like I will be assuming custody of the Healthy Cooking thread for awhile.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=153725

I've gone back and read through the thread to date...great job by Geri and all of us IBers who participated and I will try to carry on the tradition!

Just so you know a little about me...I LOVE to cook, especially bake. I have taken some classes in pastry making and like to sample as much as I like to make them :D Unfortunately WW doesn't condone as much sampling as I'd like :(

I've been going through some of my favorite recipes and trying to "skinny" them down (I'm a big proponent of using real in a recipe and then only eating small amounts). Some of them are coming out great, others not so much. Some of my favorite recipe sources are Jane Brody's Good Food Cookbook, Fanny Farmer's Cookbook, and Cooking Light magazine as well as old cookbooks from the 50's and 60's.

If you have any suggestions or requests for the thread, please feel free to contact me. And the thread will resume on the 7th. Is there any interest in a Valentine/dessert theme for that week...that way we have time to try it before the big day? Let me know.

Jeanne

I'd be interested in whatever you've got! Like you I like "real" but I don't seem to have the control thing down quite right yet! :eek:

Sounds great to me....every Sunday at our house is dinner and games with our friends!! I usually make a big dinner including dessert and need ideas so that I don't do too bad with the points!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!