The holidays and concierge

crickee

Mouseketeer
Hello All,

This is my first time writing, so please bear with me. I just booked a concierge gardenview room at the Polynesian for December 27 through January 2nd. First of all please tell me this wasn't a big mistake!! We have travelled to disney many times, staying at CBR twice and POFQ either 4 or 5 times, but never at Christmas. We are travelling with a 3, 5 and 11 yo and giving the travel agent our credit card info. I'm panicked that it's going to be so swamped we will have a horrible time.

Should we make PS plans before we go or through the concierge staff when we get there? I'm afraid we've probable missed out on most of the character meals.

Can you get an iron from the concierge staff? Do we tip the concierge staff when we leave?

Thanks for any help.

All rooms at the Poly have irons and ironing boards. Tipping concierge staff is not expected from what I understand but I have done it.

I think Poly concierge is wonderful and that you'll have a great time. Be sure to watch the Electrical Water Parade and the fireworks from the lounge or the beach...I prefer the beach.

If I were you I would make your PSs yourself. If you find you can't get the character meals you want call the concierge desk as soon as possible and ask for help. I bet they'll come through for you. I don't have the number handy but if someone else doesn't post it, I'll find it after dinner.

Go to the parks as soon as they open and then go back to the Poly and enjoy the resort when it gets crowded. It is a WONDERFUL resort.

And welcome to the Disboards!

Poly concierge...407-824-2466. Melissa and Matthew are great!

I am staying at the WL concierge, but never had to make PS for myself. I just called them and they did it all for me. Then they sent me a email with all the confirmation #'s and times. I would assume it's the same at the Poly.

Heather K (soon to be Heather S)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter