The I Can't Think of a Catchy Name First Family Trip

tyzzle

Mouseketeer
Yes my brain is slow right now and can't come up with anything clever. It is to crammed w/ excitement for my trip in THREE days:cool1:. I am very excited as this is my first trip with my family: hubby Donny 28, DD who s two and a half, and my in-laws. The last time I was was in the happiest place on earth was October 2001 for my 21st birthday (yes I got the "you're going to DISNEY for your 21 st birthday?!") I visited twice before. 1996 for my sweet sixteen w/ my BFF, and yes we loved the big pink cake! Also my first trip w/ my own family in 1984. I love disney, and married a MIL who agrees w/ me:cool1::rotfl2:. Needless to say our Hubbies will be going along for the ride.

This is my first trip in the true "internet age", so I was very surprised at how much needs to be done BEFORE the trip. So needless to say I was a lucky girl when I found DIS:worship:. My MIL gifted this trip to us shortly after Christmas, and said you know since we are on the dining plan you should look into some reservations online. She can use a computer, but not to the extent as I, and since she travelled with her nieces prior, they did most of the planning. It is with this seemingly simple task that I found this wonderful place and quickly realized that with only a little over 90 days to go, this task might not be easy. But with a little advice I was able to accomplish my ADRs (and learned that acronym among many others) as well as many other things.
So DIS here is what you have done for me so far:

Got my 4:00 ressie for LeCellier (couldn't believe this one)
Told me to go to Akershus for the princesses (I will save CRT for another trip when my DD is a little older:cutie:) .
Told me about Pirates and Pals Cruise which I booked as a thank you to my in-laws
Told me about the Wishes Dessert party, told me that I had to keep checking, and told me when reservations started again, also booked as a thank you
Told me about the unofficial guide, touring plans, verizon mobile magic, and other outside planning sources
Told me that since Airtran changed my return flight (majorly), I could possibly reschedule within 48 hour window w/o penalty, thus allowing me an extra day in the park.:cool1:
Told me about the photopass preorder, and whom I should try to contact, where they sent me the link after I did not receive the email (I know I got lucky there).
Told me about Dole Whips, Cava de Tequila, Fresh Mickey Waffles at MK, schoolbread, and many other things I am going to try.

This is just a fraction of the things I learned here. I know this isn't an official pre-trip report, but I just wanted to share my excitement. I had so much fun planning this trip, and couldn't have done any of it with out DIS. Thank you everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter