The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

You can go between resorts. The order is: EPCOT...Boardwalk...Beach Club...Swolphin...DHS...Swolphin...BC...BW...EPCOT.

So, for example if you want to go to BW from BC, get on the DHS boat. If you want to go from BC to BW, then get an Epcot boat.

Hi, we are arriving at Boardwalk villas on June 24th. In my reading the only thing I couldn' find was do the friendship boats go back and forth between beach club and boardwalk or do they only go from each resort to Epcot and Hollywood studios? Thanks for any info:)

You can go between resorts. The order is: EPCOT...Boardwalk...Beach Club...Swolphin...DHS...Swolphin...BC...BW...EPCOT.

So, for example if you want to go to BW from BC, get on the DHS boat. If you want to go from BC to BW, then get an Epcot boat.

And if you’re coming back from DHS and in a hurry to get back to BWV (and your legs are up to it), get off at Swolphin and walk over the bridge!

Thanks for the info! That makes it easy and was the info I was looking for!

It is a circuit, Epcot to Boardwalk to YC /BC to Swan Dolphin to Hollywood Studio and reverse order. So yes, back and forth (the next stop) if you get on the boat headed the right direction (they are labeled). The Yacht Beach Club is a very short walk out the back door behind Jelly Rolls and over the bridge. Out the front doors walk along the Boardwalk between the Dance Hall and Jelly Rolls up over the bridge and along the walkway to BC.

Due to work on the bridge to the Swan and Dolphin and that dock, the boats are only going to Boardwalk and Yacht Club/Beach Club docks and Epcot right now. You can walk to the Studios or take a bus. I believe it will resume mid summer.

Due to work on the bridge to the Swan and Dolphin and that dock, the boats are only going to Boardwalk and Yacht Club/Beach Club docks and Epcot right now. You can walk to the Studios or take a bus. I believe it will resume mid summer.

The last I saw it's reopening sometime in the next few days.

We (4 of us) are wait-listed for a 1-BR villa at BWV. If the waitlist comes through, that would be great! However, I have a question about the "can accommodate five guests" notes on the floor plans on the DVC website. My two girls are 14 and 15 now and prefer not sharing a queen bed. So sleep chairs and pull down beds in the other DVC resorts come in handy for our family of 4. I'm assuming that these rooms do not have sleep chairs or pull downs, so how do they "accommodate five?" I can bring along bedding, but what will we be placing it on? Surely they don't mean the pack-n-play?

We (4 of us) are wait-listed for a 1-BR villa at BWV. If the waitlist comes through, that would be great! However, I have a question about the "can accommodate five guests" notes on the floor plans on the DVC website. My two girls are 14 and 15 now and prefer not sharing a queen bed. So sleep chairs and pull down beds in the other DVC resorts come in handy for our family of 4. I'm assuming that these rooms do not have sleep chairs or pull downs, so how do they "accommodate five?" I can bring along bedding, but what will we be placing it on? Surely they don't mean the pack-n-play?

You provide the bedding and yes, the bed. All it really means is they'll allow you to have 5 on the reservation but there is still only the queen sleeper sofa and the king bed in the master in the BWV 1BR's. Anything else you provide.

As Kathy said, you have to provide the bed. We have brought an air mattress when our daughters were younger and we drove to WDW. And we have made a "bed" on the floor out of the sofa cushions on the old fold out beds, but that doesn't work on the new sleeper beds since the cushions don't come off the sofa. Eventually we went to a 2BR for the four of us when my daughters got to their teen years.

I'd say bring an air mattress or consider booking one of the resorts with the sleeper chair.

As Kathy said, you have to provide the bed. We have brought an air mattress when our daughters were younger and we drove to WDW. And we have made a "bed" on the floor out of the sofa cushions on the old fold out beds, but that doesn't work on the new sleeper beds since the cushions don't come off the sofa. Eventually we went to a 2BR for the four of us when my daughters got to their teen years.

I'd say bring an air mattress or consider booking one of the resorts with the sleeper chair.

Thanks for the clarification Kat and Granny!

We are currently booked in a 1-BR at AK which sleeps 5. We also tend to book 2BRs to avoid this issue altogether (been DVC members since 2003), but we just decided to book this trip this past week so pickings are slim (as expected). We took what we could get at the resorts at which we are willing to stay for this upcoming trip. We all really like the BW, though (DH and I were married there 19 years ago). We just have to decide for our family if staying at the BW out-weighs sleeping 5 comfortably. We may also waitlist for a 2BR at BWV instead of 1BR now. All of that being said, we do not actually count on either of our waitlists coming through, and will be happy at AKV if they don't come through.

Thanks for the information.

Finally getting to stay at BWV in August. We have a 1BR Garden/Pool view booked. Looking for a recommendations on a good room request. One with a large balcony is a plus.

I have a question! Is the only way to access the Boardwalk and walkway to Epcot by elevator?

I ask this because - we have a double stroller - and I read the elevator waits can be long, coupled with the long walks down the hall. With the stroller we can't just go down a few flights of stairs, so I was thinking of requesting a room on the 2nd floor so we can walk right to the bus stop to get to MK/AK but then wasn't sure about getting to the Boardwalk.

While I'm asking questions - - we are going to have a 2BR garden/pool view, anyone recommend a favorite room? Maybe with an evening fireworks view since we will have little ones in bed early!

Thanks for your help!

I have a question! Is the only way to access the Boardwalk and walkway to Epcot by elevator?

I ask this because - we have a double stroller - and I read the elevator waits can be long, coupled with the long walks down the hall. With the stroller we can't just go down a few flights of stairs, so I was thinking of requesting a room on the 2nd floor so we can walk right to the bus stop to get to MK/AK but then wasn't sure about getting to the Boardwalk.

While I'm asking questions - - we are going to have a 2BR garden/pool view, anyone recommend a favorite room? Maybe with an evening fireworks view since we will have little ones in bed early!

Thanks for your help!

It is possible to go out the DHS end of BWV 1st floor and walk outside to get around to the boardwalk and Epcot. You'd also just be across the driveway from the buses. However I don't know where the info on long waits for the elevator comes from other than people who have zero patience if they have to skip one full elevator. Most of the time it's getting right on or less than 30 seconds. No different than any other place. But the hallway walks are real. :) At Disney there's just walking somewhere whether outside or inside.

Agree, don't think the elevator wait is any longer than normal. Yes the hallways are long however we have always had shorter access to rooms than our stays at AKV, but we don't have stroller. Can't say there are any real good firework views, you can see the higher bursts of either Hollywood or Magic depending which hall you are in however would not say you have a view. And about its the ends of the hallways with the best angles. Hope you enjoy the BWV as much as we do.

We are staying in at BW for the fist time and by the sound of it (reading this thread) I guess we lucked out getting a standard view 1 br villa at 5 months out! Someone told me to ask for a corner room by the tennis courts as they are a little larger than the typical 1 br villa. Is that true? Looking on a map that would be rooms 2123, 3123 and 4123. Does anyone have pictures of these rooms or experience with these rooms? I'm a little concerned since there will be 4 adults, it might be a little tight.

We are staying in at BW for the fist time and by the sound of it (reading this thread) I guess we lucked out getting a standard view 1 br villa at 5 months out! Someone told me to ask for a corner room by the tennis courts as they are a little larger than the typical 1 br villa. Is that true? Looking on a map that would be rooms 2123, 3123 and 4123. Does anyone have pictures of these rooms or experience with these rooms? I'm a little concerned since there will be 4 adults, it might be a little tight.

You are correct that the slightly larger, dedicated 1BR units are 2123, 3123, and 4123. The living rooms are somewhat larger than the regular rooms due to the shape of the rooms. They are at the corner of the building facing the bus stop and they have a nice wrap-around balcony. We stayed in 2123 in 2002 and below is a picture facing those corner rooms. Sorry I don't have any good interior shots - this was actually before we owned a digital camera! Hard to believe how much the trees have grown in 16 years.

Our 2nd fl corner room.jpg

You are correct that the slightly larger, dedicated 1BR units are 2123, 3123, and 4123. The living rooms are somewhat larger than the regular rooms due to the shape of the rooms. They are at the corner of the building facing the bus stop and they have a nice wrap-around balcony. We stayed in 2123 in 2002 and below is a picture facing those corner rooms. Sorry I don't have any good interior shots - this was actually before we owned a digital camera! Hard to believe how much the trees have grown in 16 years.

View attachment 340540

Thank you both for this information! We've always reserved BW view but have a standard view 1 bedroom reserved in January 2019. I just emailed MS with a request for a corner room by the tennis courts. That wrap around balcony sounds nice for morning coffee and people watching!

We are staying in September, 2019 in a 1BR Pool/Garden view-Preferred. Is there a map showing where the "pool view" rooms are only? Maybe I could request a certain area. Can't seem to find a map of the "pool rooms"....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!