The iPhone Collective

Most reports I've read say that the 5 is an improvement, but not a big one, over the 4S. Obviously the larger screen is different. But the new dock connector may be a huge disadvantage if you've already got a bunch of the old cables around.

the 4s is fine....it was a big improvement over the 3gs or whatever that was called....so i can stick with the 4s for a while...
i'll wait for 6 :)

The 4s was the biggest let down ever for me. At least as in improvement over the 4.

Especially as Siri was never fully implemented over here in the uk!

:goodvibes

I picked up my 5 on Friday and am loving it. I went from the Galaxy to finally buying an iPhone. I have been holding out for the 5 and its worth every penny I paid. I love that it shares with my iPad and iPod.

Is there anyone using an unlocked iPhone? What pay as you go carrier do you use?

We live overseas with the State Dept. and my AT&T locked 3g has been useless to me in Romania for 2 years. When we are back in the US for home leave and training I am going to buy an unlocked phone from Apple, but don't know what carrier to use while we are in the states.

Thanks for your help!

A friend of mine bought her iPhone 5 for $199. She then proceeded to sell her 4S on Craigslist for $325! That paid for her phone, including tax, a case, the adapter and a little profit. Can't beat that.

Why would a person pay over $200 for an iPhone 4 when they can get it free with a ATT or Verizon contract? :confused3

Anonny said:
Why would a person pay over $200 for an iPhone 4 when they can get it free with a ATT or Verizon contract? :confused3

They don't want to be locked into a contract for 2 years.

I asked the same question.

1. They don't want a contract.
2. They have an existing contract with a lesser phone and they want an iPhone.
3. They already have/had an iPhone that got lost or damaged and they want to replace it now, not when their contract is up.
4. They will jailbreak the phone and use it with another carrier.

I paid $220 for my iPhone 4 not too long ago and pay $50/month for unlimited everything on Straight Talk. :thumbsup2

I had a 3g that I jailbroke to use on Straight talk and the 4 I bought was an ATT phone, but it isn't jailbroken, just unlocked. I purchased it that way.

I've been really happy with my iPhone 4, still has awesome battery life (better than expected at nearly two years old despite heavy use).

Unfortunately, I've had a lot of dropped calls over the past two weeks to three weeks. Happened at a really bad time yesterday while at work, so I compared my phone to a co-workers on the same network. Her phone showed a steady full strength signal while mine constantly went back and forth from strong signal to no signal.

The Apple Genius Bar had me do a reset of the network first, but am still getting dropped calls and poor signal. Anyone else ever see this?

The sales man at my office is having that issue too since updating to iOS 6. The phone keeps bricking on him too. Although I haven't had any issues except for poor battery life since doing the iOS update. I think apple makes these things happen on purpose when there's big changes in the newest phone to force people to want to upgrade. It's a conspiracy!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

And sadly I still have another 2 weeks to wait for my new phone :-/ I'm so afraid that my almost 2 yo DS will do something to damage this phone between now and when I get my 5 making it so I can't trade it anywhere. Sheesh!

I got up at 3 am a week ago. Nitwit, indeed. But it is a beautiful phone.

The really strange thing, honest to goodness, I swear, is that when I synchronized my new iPhone 5 with iTunes for the first time, iTunes then started downloading every single DIS Unplugged podcast from May 25, 2012, to the beginning. It is still downloading them, one at a time.:faint:

I'm baffled. I suspect it is a server issue but for the life of me, can't understand why synching my new iPhone brought this on. :confused:

I too got up at 3AM on the 14th to pre-order. :p I set my alarm for 2:53, got the pre-order done on Verizon's website by 3:04, got distracted by surfing the web for a bit and was back to bed by 3:30. My iPhone was delievered on the 21st at about 2PM and I LOVE it. It's a huge change from my other phone (a DROID X) but it's a good change. I love how thin and light it is, the new screen size is great, and my husband (who has an iPhone 4) and I can sync our iCals. Everything on the phone is just slick and cool. :lovestruc Tech-wise it's the best decision I've made in quite awhile. :thumbsup2

Went back to the store today, and the experience could not have been better. I showed up a few minutes early for my appointment and was seen right away. The place was packed, but moving like clockwork. Within 15 minutes they had backed up my data, ran some diagnostics, determined that the antennae was probably going, and had a new 32 GB iPhone 4 up and running with my apps downloading before I left. They offered to let me stay and update with their free wifi, but I was too tempted to buy something. My company could stand to learn customer service from this company!

I get my phone today!! So excited

I updated my iTouch with the new IOS & have the same problem with all of the Podcasts being downloaded. Not sure why that happened, but its filled up my computer! It's just the Dis too. Weird.

So has anyone on here had a bad Apple Maps experience yet? It has been getting a lot of criticism in the international press, and I was just wondering how much of it is hype...

Upgraded to 6.0 the day it came out. Haven't used the new maps much but it was accurate the 4-5 times I did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter