The Kennedy's First Pre-Trip Report!!

Great pictures, and I love your dress!

Thanks!:)

Welcome!:thumbsup2

Welcome!:goodvibes

Love the dress! Is that the color they are? It's gorgeous!

Yes that is the color that it is. I love it too! Definitely something I can wear again:goodvibes

My mother-in-law is over and we are talking about Disney:) We are planning on taking my DH's family to WDW in the next couple years. His family has never had much money and so they have never been. We have 2 nieces and a nephew who are 3, 4 and 6. We want them to be able to go when they are still young enough to really enjoy and before they are annoying teenagers:rotfl:

Well I better get back to the family! Only 17 more days until I am on vacation!!!!:cool1:

I have hit the 4 week mark! 4 more weeks and my DH and I will finally be arriving in Disney! I think the thing we are most excited about it staying at a Deluxe resort:cool1: I have a feeling after this we are just going to be spoiled!!

Before vacation though...I have so much work to do!:scared1: I own a photography business and with the holidays and me getting the plague (ok it wasn't the plague but it sure felt like it!) for like 2 weeks straight I got so behind. I HAVE to get everything done before I leave and it is starting to feel impossible. I literally sit in front of the computer until like 4 am:surfweb: I know it will feel great to get this all done and be completely stress free but it is no fun right now. Did I mention that I go on vacation in 2 weeks!!!!

First I'm going to the Westminster Dog Show. I work part time as a receptionist at a dog salon and my boss is taking us to NYC for the dog show! We leave February 14 and come back February 17. I am mostly excited to see my little brother though! He goes to NYU and even though we live the closest of any of my family at this point...we never see each other!

Here is the two of us in NYC around thanksgiving a couple years ago.
4936_547481920111_43005382_32617284_8126664_n.jpg

My second trip is when my DH starts his vacation. We are going to the Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada!! My dad and his wife own a house in Vancouver so they decided we should all go. I can't believe we get to do something like this. A once in a lifetime experience for sure!!

Here is a photo of me and my dad! We have grown so much closer in the past few years. My parents divorced a few years ago and it was the best thing that has ever happened to my dad. I love my mom but before the divorce my dad and I did not get alone.

4936_547441206701_43005382_32614594_8074219_n.jpg

Might as well throw a photo of my dad's wife in here. Here name is Karen and we are super close as well. I of course had a hard time with her at first because my dad and her got married barely a year after my parent's divorce. Now I don't know what I would do without her!!!

4936_547441286541_43005382_32614610_207234_n.jpg

Here is a photo of the four of us sailing in Newport, RI last spring. We LOVE spending time with them. They are the best and we don't know what we would do without them!
4936_547441171771_43005382_32614587_1148829_n.jpg

Actually, before we get to the Olympics my DH and I are going to drive down to Seattle, Washington to go apartment/house hunting!! We are moving to the Seattle area in June so we are using this time on the west coast to scope it out! Washington is absolutely beautiful. We can't wait to be surrounded by the evergreens and mountains and the ocean...plus with Seattle only a 20 minute drive away. Heaven!!:goodvibes

Then...after all that traveling...we go to WDW!!! Our flight gets into Toronto at 5pm on February 27. We live 3 hours away from there and then we will get up on February 28 and start driving to Florida. A great way to end our vacation MONTH I think:rotfl:

l_d1e89c3e0cdfd63f670a4f40345e2a7c.jpg

YAY!!! I'm so excited!!! I can't belive how close it's getting.

Oh and P.S. I love that pic of you and Pat

P.P.S I'm going to write about you in my PTR today :)

Holy cow you are busy, lady!

Sounds like you'll deserve the marathon vacationing after all the work you're doing right now!

Holy cow you are busy, lady!

Sounds like you'll deserve the marathon vacationing after all the work you're doing right now!

Ah, it will feel so nice to be caught up and then have all of your adventures!

Yes we are busy! It just all happened to end up be scheduled at the same time. I'm just happy they all could work and one didn't run into the other.

It will feel amazing to be caught up! I don't remember the last time I was:lmao:

Well back to editing. DH moved my iMac to the living room so I can edit in comfort and so we can still hang out while I'm working tonight. He is also making me dinner while I work! Steak, potatoes and broccoli. He's the best!!:lovestruc

WOW.

You sure do have a busy couple of weeks ahead of you. How exciting... I wish our trip was soon approaching.

Hello!?!?!? Are you out there??? I know you are leaving me soon but you need to update this!!! In 19 days we will be at Disney together!!!

I know I have been really bad at this!

Not much going on at this point. I have been doing laundry:laundy: like crazy and starting to pack for NYC and Vancouver. I made my packing lists...which is insane when you have three trips to pack for! I just can't wait for Sunday to get here so the fun can begin!:cool1:

Funny thing though. We are suppose to go to the Westminster Dog Show while in NYC. That is the whole reason we are there. Monday at work I found out that my boss has not bought the tickets yet:eek: We all assumed she bought them 3 months ago when she planned this trip! She has bought the train tickets and the hotel but not the actual show tickets. She doesn't want to pay the ticketmaster fee so she is relying on buying them at the box office the morning of the show. Again...:eek: She is being ridiculous! There is a good chance that we will get out there and not get to go to the show. The girl I'm rooming with, Ashley, and I say it isn't a huge deal. If there is no show we are apparently just getting a 3 day trip to NYC on our boss:rotfl:

On a Disney note...well more wedding not lol...I'm about to attempt to make a flower headpiece for the wedding. DH is going to help me as I am sure I will ruin it:rolleyes: As much as he doesn't want to be making a pretty flower with rhinestones he knows I need help lol. He's good like that:lovestruc

Yikes! Your boss is a tightwad! LOL Sounds like my parents. They'll drive all over town to compare prices and save a buck, spending hours and gas to find that buck. At least you'll be in NYC either way!

Good luck with the headpiece. I'm not good at that stuff either.

I know I have been really bad at this!

Not much going on at this point. I have been doing laundry:laundy: like crazy and starting to pack for NYC and Vancouver. I made my packing lists...which is insane when you have three trips to pack for! I just can't wait for Sunday to get here so the fun can begin!:cool1:

Funny thing though. We are suppose to go to the Westminster Dog Show while in NYC. That is the whole reason we are there. Monday at work I found out that my boss has not bought the tickets yet:eek: We all assumed she bought them 3 months ago when she planned this trip! She has bought the train tickets and the hotel but not the actual show tickets. She doesn't want to pay the ticketmaster fee so she is relying on buying them at the box office the morning of the show. Again...:eek: She is being ridiculous! There is a good chance that we will get out there and not get to go to the show. The girl I'm rooming with, Ashley, and I say it isn't a huge deal. If there is no show we are apparently just getting a 3 day trip to NYC on our boss:rotfl:

On a Disney note...well more wedding not lol...I'm about to attempt to make a flower headpiece for the wedding. DH is going to help me as I am sure I will ruin it:rolleyes: As much as he doesn't want to be making a pretty flower with rhinestones he knows I need help lol. He's good like that:lovestruc

WOW...that really sucks...but it also doesn't suprise me. I like the positive side to it...free trip to NYC!!

And um...of course Pat wanted to make a pretty flower!:rotfl:

I am almost packed for my first trip of the amazing vacation month (as I like to call it:cool1:). Tomorrow morning I will be on the train to NYC. I'm excited to to go NYC and to see my brother but other than that...I could really just not go and be happy with the extra few days of preparation for the Olympics and Disney. If I was going with DH or some friends I would be more excited but I'm too close with the people I work with. Oh well I guess!

I feel like I've talked very little about our trip to Disney on this PTR when that's what it is suppose to be about right?? So...let's talk itinerary. I mentioned where we are eating but not really any plans.

Monday, 3/1/10 - We arrive!!!:woohoo: We are driving so I do not know what time we will get there exactly. I think we will try for like 2pm. We are staying at BWV with a boardwalk view so we are super excited!! Once we get there I think we will take a walk over to EPCOT and take a stroll around a couple countries. EPCOT is DH's favorite park so he is excited to be staying at BWV where we can just walk or take a boat over so easily. We have dinner plans with Amanda, Eric, Eric's best man and wife and Amanda's brother at Raglan Road. Should be fun!

Tuesday, 3/2/10 - I don't have much planned for this day. MK is my favorite park so we will probably go there for the morning. At 3pm we have to be at the Wedding Pavilion for Amanda and Eric's rehearsal. We will then have a rehearsal dinner at 'Ohana and a dessert party in EPCOT (so excited for this part!!!:cloud9:)

Wednesday, 3/3/10
- Amanda and Eric's wedding day!!!! I'm so excited for them!!!!!!:yay::yay::yay: This morning we will have breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe and then manicures. The rest of the day will be getting ready time and then the wedding at 5!! It's going to be a great day:-)

Thursday, 3/4/10 - This morning we will be going to AK. I don't know how early we will be getting up. It depends on how late we stay up with the wedding the night before. If we don't happen to get up in time to get to AK for the rope drop we will just spend some time exploring the park and seeing the shows. Depending on how busy the lines are we will do some rides (Everest of course!!!:thumbsup2) We have ADRs at Le Cellier with Amanda and Eric. Yum!:thumbsup2

Friday, 3/5/10 - Today will be MK in the morning. We will definitely get up to be there when the park opens and then hit up our favorites! Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Pirates, Space Mountain...though I've never done the WDW Space Mountain and I fear I will not like it compared to DL:rolleyes: The last two times we have been to WDW Space Mountain was closed. I'm sure I'll like because it is one of my favorite rides but DL's is amazing. Tonight we have ADR's again with Amanda and Eric at Whispering Canyon. They are early ADRs so we can go see Alice and Wonderland :)

Saturday, 3/6/10 - Today is DHS EMH so we will be up bright and early! Our first stop will be Toy Story Mania. Hopefully we can ride it and get fast passes but I know those fast passes go fast!! Next will be RNR. There is a lot we haven't done at this park so we will do some shows as well. Tonight we have a romantic evening planned at Narcoossee's. We have a reservation during the fireworks:lovestruc

Sunday, 3/7/10 - This morning we will be getting up to be at the rope drop at EPCOT. We will be in the massive group running for 'Soarin :lovestruc We will probably ride this ride 3 or 4 times on the trip. One of our favs if not our favorite! We will head over to the WS for lunch at San Angel Inn. DH is excited for this one. He loves the atmosphere! I agree...it looks magical! We will take a little break this afternoon because we will be heading over to MK for EMH this night. I LOVE MK at night!!:lovestruc

Monday, 3/8/10
- Today we will be getting up for AK EMH. We never seem to do AK more than once on a trip so this time I am trying to go at least twice. I always feel like we just go in and ride Everest, Safari and possibly Dinosaur. I want to be able to explore it more this trip!! Tonight we have ADRs at Jiko so it is just an AK day :) We ate here last trip and it quickly became one of our favorites. So delicious and the resort is so much fun to walk around. Last time we went there was a crazy rain storm so we sat in the lobby for an hour thinking it would let up and when it didn't we just ran to our car (and got DRENCHED) so we never go to really explore it. This time hopefully we get the chance!:cool1:

Tuesday, 3/9/10
- I don't have anything planned today. I like to leave the last day or so with very little plans. I figure we will know what we haven't done or what we would like to do again. We do have dinner ressies at Kouzzina but I may change this. I don't know...we'll see. I just don't know if I'm feeling it.

Wednesday, 3/10/10 - Time to go home:sad2: We have breakfast ADRs at Kona and then we will probably go to MK one last time. I always have to go there the day we leave...it's my favorite and I have to say goodbye :rotfl: We will probably start driving home pretty late in the day. DH doesn't have to work until Friday night so we can get home whenever we want Thursday night.

I will do a little update of my NYC trip when I get home Wednesday night. Then Thursday...we leave for the Olympics!!!! Still can't believe we are going...:upsidedow

Oh I'm going to miss you over the next few weeks! Hopefully you have a great time in NYC and your trip to WA and FL will be here before you know it!!!

I got back from the Westminster Dog Show last night. I was so exhausted I got nothing done for packing for the Olympics so today we are incredibly behind. The trip was fun but I really just wanted to be home the whole time. I don't know why. I usually LOVE traveling but this time I was anxious to get back. The last night of the trip I got about an hour of sleep. It's a funny story really. I was starting to feel like I was getting sick. DH has been extremely sick with a flu/cold and I fear I am getting it. :sick: Anyway, I went to the drug store the last night in NYC to pick up some vitamins to try and fight the sickness. I bought a Women's multi-vitamin. It said it helped you have an active mind and body. I thought that sounded great...until I took it and was reading the bottle and found out it had a lot of caffeine in it. I was wide awake all night. I never drink caffeine because I don't drink coffee or soda so this was a shock to my system. It was awful:sad2:

Well back to getting everything packed and ready to go for the Olympics. I am so nervous to fly...:scared1:...but super excited that we get to do this!:woohoo:

Enjoy the rest of your crazy vacation month!

I can't believe there was caffeine in the vitamin... at least you know why you couldn't sleep!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter