The Key Program

Guess the rule of thumb then is that if you are able to book shows through the cruise planner, do it.

Agree! But wondering Why guests are not at Same opening time To reserve.. 90 days, 75 days?
Any thoughts on that?

But do they charge you for age 6 and under and then not give the benefits? That seems odd. My DD is 10 so we should be fine.
I just read somewhere .. blog I think. Under the age limit gets the benefits of the paid guests, as long as they qualify... ie rock climbing wall .. restrictions?

Agree! But wondering Why guests are not at Same opening time To reserve.. 90 days, 75 days?
Any thoughts on that?
I wish I knew. It’s not like people would hover over their computers just waiting to book a time for a yet-to-be-determined feature performer.

I’m assuming that we don’t have an entertainment schedule for Symphony yet because they haven’t worked out all of the entertainment contracts for 2nd Quarter yet...and I suspect once they have the scheduled they will open them for several weeeks/months of booking. Sometimes they are open 100-125 days in advance I think?

Good question about cancellation policy - meaning could you cancel on board at day 2 or 3 for a refund of remaining days?

Someone told me when The Key was first released in December that it was seating and it reservations for shows - anyone have access to that history?

When I first read the Key was 19.99, I thought, well, maybe that's worth it for what you get. But then when I saw it was 19.99 per day per person...no thanks!

I’m assuming that we don’t have an entertainment schedule for Symphony yet because they haven’t worked out all of the entertainment contracts for 2nd Quarter yet...and I suspect once they have the scheduled they will open them for several weeeks/months of booking. Sometimes they are open 100-125 days in advance I think?

Good question about cancellation policy - meaning could you cancel on board at day 2 or 3 for a refund of remaining days?

Someone told me when The Key was first released in December that it was seating and it reservations for shows - anyone have access to that history?

If u were replying to me .. about cancellation/refund
I was wondering if , when my window opens to reserve and I Don’t get the nite I want per say.. can I still get refunded in cruise planner..
Is reservation open early enough to still have time to cancel??

When I first read the Key was 19.99, I thought, well, maybe that's worth it for what you get. But then when I saw it was 19.99 per day per person...no thanks!

I get it.. but if ur IN on WiFi purchase it’s basically a few more bucks for the other Perks..for some

Yeah that is basically the thing. The Key will be worth the price for some, not so much for others. I see this as something that couples are more likely to take advantage of than families. But time will tell.

Yeah that is basically the thing. The Key will be worth the price for some, not so much for others. I see this as something that couples are more likely to take advantage of than families. But time will tell.

It's really worth the price for us as we are 2 adults doing a 3 nights... So not only it is not expensive at all but gives us easy access to pretty much everything we want to try, and a lunch at Chop's Grille and the internet package that we planned on buying anyway.

It's really worth the price for us as we are 2 adults doing a 3 nights... So not only it is not expensive at all but gives us easy access to pretty much everything we want to try, and a lunch at Chop's Grille and the internet package that we planned on buying anyway.

Without the show reservations, this definitely diminishes the value for oasis class, but it also really points to a very high value for short cruises!

The embarkation, debarkation, port priority and Chops lunch put you in the Black assuming you were going to spend at least $12/person on Internet!

I agree that it’s still not great for families - the last thing we need is our kids attached to their devices all day! If we keep our key registration - that will be the hardest part to manage with my 8 year old!!

Agreed about Oasis class. At $140pp the value isn’t quite there but a 3-4 night at $60-80pp it’s a virtual bargain in the cruise upsell world.

But - I’m doing a 5 night next Jan. That’s $100pp and we’re a group of 4. That’s probably too much for us, but for a party of 2 or 3 it might still represent good value for the price.

Without the show reservations, this definitely diminishes the value for oasis class, but it also really points to a very high value for short cruises!

The embarkation, debarkation, port priority and Chops lunch put you in the Black assuming you were going to spend at least $12/person on Internet!

I agree that it’s still not great for families - the last thing we need is our kids attached to their devices all day! If we keep our key registration - that will be the hardest part to manage with my 8 year old!!

I'll sail on the Mariner. Not sure if we have to book shows or not on this one. I read mixed reports on that subject.

Raised the price today to $31.99 per person/per day.

I saw the price increase today. I thought $19.99 per person was a fair price for what we are getting but at $31.99 per person per night - no - just no.

I saw the price increase today. I thought $19.99 per person was a fair price for what we are getting but at $31.99 per person per night - no - just no.
glad we bought at $19.99. Our cruise is not until late summer, so waiting to see how this thing evolves before we decide whether or not to cancel it.

glad we bought at $19.99. Our cruise is not until late summer, so waiting to see how this thing evolves before we decide whether or not to cancel it.

I agree that the jump in price is surprising. I thought it was overpriced at $24.99 but this increase seems excessive. Glad we got it at the reduced price and so is my girlfriend and her husband.

Oh boy, I'm glad we got it for 19.99$ because 31,99$ brings it to over 40$/pp per night in Canadian $!!! The Key will most likely be one and done for us unless they have promos in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!